• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 3, 2017
Not super hopeful for TxSF or the future of Tekken 8 but we'll see

Hope the stress isn't too much for Harada that's a lot to take on board

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Can't wait to see more Iori in the future! I kinda expect this skin to make a comeback, along with the idolmaster costumes in Tekken.
latest

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
NOOOOOOOO! Tekken without Harada won't be the same ! People asked him for shit and here's the result !

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Michael Murray has been doing stuff as an interpreter for as long as I've been working in the industry. It's great to see him recognized like this.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
He has ASCENDED.

But I hope Harada still shows up at EVO to troll the shit out of us.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Similar trajectory to Nagoshi at Sega I guess, where he's been a pillar of the successful games at the company for so long that they now have him overseeing them all.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wow that's a massive promotion. Tekken 7 really must've been huge for Namco.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Curious what this'd mean for Tales. Maybe an engine upgrade? Though I figure that's already happening given the length of time since Berseria.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn Michael Murray put in the time and he's been rewarded, super happy for him.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The new Tales Of producer is the God Eater guy (kind of unfortunately imo).

I was personally hoping it would be Yasuhiro Fukaya after he seemed to be a super positive force for Berseria (pushing for more classic series elements like minigames, etc).

I don't really mind God Eater from what I've played of it but that does make me worry for the clothes the female characters will be traipsing about in.

I get the feeling Harada has a better understanding of the west as a market, though. Maybe he'll reign in certain elements.

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see more Iori in the future! I kinda expect this skin to make a comeback, along with the idolmaster costumes in Tekken.
Now if only the actual iM@S games moved back to more SP/2, or at least OfA kind of gameplay.
It's not like I could actually play them, not knowing Japanese, but it's still sad for the series to lose its identity a bit, like that.

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I've been beaten to the idol jokes, though does Idolm@ster actually fall under his domain? Does B-N fully own that property or is it a committee thing? How about Taiko no Tatsujin? I notice he didn't mention either of them (though he could've just been talking about series that are popular with English-speaking audiences)

PettySpirit

Dec 23, 2018
So, what I'm hearing is that I should now just bother Micheal Murray about putting Kiryu in Tekken. Understood.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Huge get for Murray. Good stuff! Now give me Tekken x Street Fighter and I'll be #1 stan Murray.