• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

EcTesbnUMAAnqaL
EcTcWE0UwAAyduz

=========

The logo is a real restaurant chain called Matsuya's in Japan. However, as seen above they're very prevalent in the Yakuza series while from my knowledge haven't been in much else game wise. It's possible Namco Bandai just asked for the chain to include in a new Tekken 7 stage, but why go through that effort if not for a new Yakuza stage?
So what do you think? Just a coincidence? Or is is finally happening?

81aH.gif

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes, I love Internet detectives.

It would make total sense for Kiryu to show up.

1) His combat style would completely gel with Tekken.
2) He's being asked about for a while now.
3) The Yakuza series has literally never been as popular as it is now, and only going to get more so, might as well strike while the iron is hot.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Perfect fit. I haven't purchased a single season pass for Tekken 7 but I might grab this one if it turns out to be ol Kiryu.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I think people are reading too much into it as usual.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking finally. I'll buy this game just for Kiryu

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If it's from Yakuza, why is the logo different (the white line through the blue circle)?

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Seems kind of promising. Not many(any?) other Tekken stages that are based on real-world settings. I hope Kiryu has switchable styles like in Yakuza 0.
(please don't be trolling Harada)

Gio

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Manila
As you said, Matsuya's a popular restaurant chain in Japan. If he wanted to hint at Kiryu wouldn't he use, say, Poppo or Cafe Alps?

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
OMG it's happening!!!

Kazuya vs Kiryu chaan.

I will seriously drop all my other characters for him. I don't even care if he's low tier!

May 15, 2019
As you said, Matsuya's a popular restaurant chain in Japan. If he wanted to hint at Kiryu wouldn't he use, say, Poppo or Cafe Alps?
Matsuya has been in the series since the original PS2 release and might actually be the only restaurant that's in every single game. It's the restaurant that personally first comes to mind before any of the fictional ones.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Does the chain have a mascot? Put them in instead.

I'm kind of no fun in that I want Tekken 8 already >.<

Malakym

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2019
Kiryu would be great, but I would đź’Ż start learning Negan if we got a Majima skin for him.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, I'm putting money on the next character being another unwanted crossover guest from some current TV series, like Negan. If after 3 years they still haven't got the point that people want Kiryu more than anyone else, they never will.

Oct 26, 2017
This reminds me of when Ed Boon was teasing Shaggy for MK11.

It could mean that Kiryu is finally in, but I won't get my hopes up.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are Kiryu fans gonna be okay if Majima gets put in there instead? Because I feel like that'd be more likely. Noctis is the only real "main" guest character in there. The rest are bad guys

XE6gEoa.gif

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I wanna sat that this is grasping at straws considering JP brands are getting shoehorned everywhere, but it does seem oddly specific.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Could be a troll. From the silhouette people thought the new fighter was Harada. Given it's a real life location....

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are Kiryu fans gonna be okay if Majima gets put in there instead? Because I feel like that'd be more likely. Noctis is the only real "main" guest character in there. The rest are bad guys

XE6gEoa.gif

Hell if I had to pick I'd pick Majima but they should put Akiyama in there as the ultimate troll.