• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.

New news, new thread. I think its shipped numbers. This should firmly place it as the 3rd highest selling Tekken game after Tekken 3 and Tekken 5 (Edit:4th highest after Tekken 2). Last update we got was 4 million in around mid last year, so that's a lot of units in that time frame too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Why does it feel like this was posted in relation to SF5 numbers lol (I know these reports often get shared on the same day across numerous companies)

Last edited:

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
MessyRipeDunnart-size_restricted.gif

Tekken the best.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Tekken 2 is probably above it too

The game topped 4 Million in March, so that's a nice result.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
That's crazy fr. I get that there's low price sales and all but damn a million after all this time is mad. These fighting game season passes are clearly good for legs.
Also I think EVO sales help a ton.
You can see it in digital marketplaces, fighting games always get boosted during EVO (they're usually like 50% off or more during that time)

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
I'm in that number. I love Tekken but I didn't feel the need to purchase it but over Christmas it was on sale at a very low price so I bit the bullet (bought MK11 at the same time). I now wish I'd bought it earlier, I've had so much fun with it in the last month.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Good numbers. A shame really since I won't buy it until it gets 1X support. Will probably wait got Tekken 8.

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
You're welcome Harada, Tekken 7 is a good game.

Now put Kiryu in it or Tekken 8 please.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Time for Tekken 8 announcement...Let's match that PS3 render and then some. Not a fan of how rough the game looks on PS4 Pro. Happy the game sold well, hoping the Zen CPUs let them stretch their legs with development... maybe even bring back a tag mode ;)

Kyussons

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Makes me so happy for the Tekken franchise... meanwhile SEGA has sold 0 copies of Virtua Fighter 6, congrats you cowards !

Neoraxis

Nov 27, 2017
That's higher than Tekken Tag, 4, 6, Tag2 which is really amazing and unexpected, am really hoping they put more money and effort into Tekken 8, its time to add something new to the stages..we want new ideas, Rage was nice addition but i feel like the series need some big new changes...we cant just play Tekken 5 re-skinned over and over, also make it look like a fucking naughty dog game...Tekken used to be at the top of the industry when it comes to graphics, bring back CGI endings for all characters, add tons of offline content and the game will sell 8+ million like 3&5.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in that number twice, since my dog ate my first copy and made me buy a second one.

Impressive number and well deserved for such a well supported game. I hope the success of Tekken 7 allows for a higher budget Tekken 8 that has a more complete initial release.

Jun 23, 2019
So Tekken only sold about a million more copies on PS4, Xbox, and PC compared to the 4 million SFV on just PS4 and PC? Interesting. I wonder what MK11 and Smash are currently at.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
So Tekken only sold about a million more copies on PS4, Xbox, and PC compared to the 4 million SFV on just PS4 and PC? Interesting. I wonder what MK11 and Smash are currently at.
That's an interesting way to look at things considering Tekken 7 still sold a million more despite being released one year after Street Fighter V. I also don't think Xbox played the hugest part on this.

OP
OP
Rommaz

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Tekken 7 launched a year after SFV, so that kinda matters in context too.

Smash is at about 17.6 million units as at 31.12.19 if I remember correctly. Not sure about MK11.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Damn good numbers. Good to see Tekken still having legs despite being on the market a while.

Much higher no doubt, but that shouldn't take away from Tekken's success of course.

Smash is probably closing in on 20 million at this point. MK11 is probably going to hit 10 mil soon.

Oh, and to answer your question about Tekken's sales vs SF, I wouldn't be surprised if T7's Xbox sales are significantly lower than the PS4 and PC versions; Xbox has limited appeal in most of the world and also the PS4 is the de facto console of fighting games not-named-Smash this generation. So that could be why Tekken isn't significantly higher than SF.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well, 4th highest of 7 isn't the most impressive then, considering that makes it the middle title as well as the fact it's had much longer longevity than before when the titles were released closer to each other.