• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Katy Perry's 'Blackface' shoes pulled from Walmart/Dillard's

Oct 27, 2017
"Designs"

Cause design is easy, lets slap on a couple of eyes and a lip on this shoe right here and call it a day! Al Bundy did this better.

Oct 29, 2017
Institutionalized racism ladies and gentlemen, fuck.

Remember that institutionalized racism does not have to be intentional or will ill intent to be racism.

Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand how they could want to sell those...

And not even because it ressembles a Black Face or anything. Simply because it's ugly as fuck. Who who'd want to buy that shit ?

jWILL253

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I feel like every fashion designer has a secret folder in their Photoshop library specifically for racially-provocative designs.

Oct 25, 2017
All these stupid designs that we get to see before they get pulled make me think about how many even crazier shit we never got to see because someone sane saw that right in time before it went public.

GraveRobberX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who the hell is designing these ugly ass shoes and clothes
More forward question who the fuck is buying them for there even to be a demand for this kind of stuff

Yes I’ll take the sandals that portray a face on them that resembles a face of hardship and has supreme negative connotations behind it

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ, those are some ugly shoes that FFX and Baten Kaitos characters would rather die than get caught wearing them

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
And (idiot) people say PC culture has gone too far? It did the world a great service this day. In fact, by not ordering the shoes be burned immediately, PC culture clearly didn't go far enough.

Oct 25, 2017
Institutionalized racism ladies and gentlemen, fuck.

Remember that institutionalized racism does not have to be intentional or will ill intent to be racism.
While intentions indeed have no bearing on whether an action or behavior is racist, I'm failing to see the institution element. My understanding is that would be in reference to racism borne out of laws and other underlying systems of a society. This just seems to be just plain racism, whether by ignorance or actually taking inspiration from those shows.

Oct 27, 2017
Slightly off-topic, but she really seems to love all that Eye of Province symbol crap. She probably thinks she is subtle and smart.

Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of blackface, those shoes are ugly as sin tbh. They could have been green, red, blue, pink or anything to avoid the blackface, but they still would have been horrible.

Oct 26, 2017
Those shoes are a crime against fashion

Even ignoring the blatant blackface implications, those are just ugly as sin. How can someone be a professional designer and greenlight that?