• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
I am really not surprised that Katy Perry is involved in this. The only person I would be less surprised about being involved in something like this is Miley Cyrus.

flexicon

Nov 5, 2018
I never see these fucking products

I don't believe any of this blackface stuff is on accident. The first picture we see is always their promo shots and no one on twitter just finding this out on some random trip to the mall

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I think I get people doing blackface. I don't agree with it at all, but I feel like I understand whatever is going through their minds when they decide to do it.

I don't get why fashion designers seem to keep doing it.

game-biz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How you gona go and make a shoe racist?
Malcolm: A decent human does not turn a blind eye to racism. He does not impulsively design products that knowingly or unknowingly promote age old prejudices. It is a person who has no discipline, no restraint, and who has purchased his power in the form of a fugly product line. And that is why you think that to build a shoe is simple.

Katy Perry: It was simple.

Malcolm: Then why did it go wrong?

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Is Katy Perry known to be a racist or something?
She's been known to unabashedly appropriate culture, especially in music videos. More often than not it comes off in poor taste but the public doesn't care after a month. Look up the videos for Dark Horse and Roar, those are the ones I remember people getting the most angry over.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those are ugly as hell. It looks like someone glued Mr. Potato Head pieces onto a shoe.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's zero chance no one noticed this in production. In fact, there is a much greater chance that everyone noticed it and no one cared.

Fucking hell.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Not surprised her shoes are that tacky and hideous (even without the blackface) when she dressed like this to the Grammys last night.

katy-perry-attends-the-61st-annual-grammy-awards-at-staples-center-on-picture-id1097526638

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
We've got the sweater and we've got the shoes. All we need are some blackface pants and we can totally coordinate our wardrobes!

game-biz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's zero chance no one noticed this in production. In fact, there is a much greater chance that everyone noticed it and no one cared.

Fucking hell.
At least one person had to bring it up. And that person's higher up probably said something like, "Hmmm. Eh, well, it's not a really big deal. That isn't the intent of the design, and we have a white one too, same look; so it's not racist. Oh and please don't bring it up again."

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Even if you hand waved the racism these things are hideous looking. Who would wear that?

edit: Seems we all have this question.

Oct 25, 2017
Who ever designed these was fucking high as a God damned kite.

Blackface aside, how Katy Perry agreed to these designs is beyond me.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
I know people who buy their clothes at Walmart aren't always the most fashionably inclined, but this is a little much.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
I was going to inquire why these places can't hire at least 1 POC to oversee shit like this. But judging by the design I'm not sure they hired anyone. Looks like some kid's horrifying art project at best.
I don't get why people are doing this. I almost feel like it's for the publicity since they know they'll eventually pull whatever it is that's causing controversy.
There is some truth to this. Like how Nivea keeps putting out racist ads and acting all surprised every time. You'd think if you got caught once doing something like that, you'd make damn sure every ad was triple checked. But they've done this dozens of times; so there has to be some sort of free publicity thing they get out of it.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How dumb are these people? Never mind the fact that the shoes are fucking hideous whether you're aware of uhhh history or not

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Before clicking this I was thinking how do they even make a blackface shoe. Then I clicked and saw they just literally did it. What a idiotic design.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck do you accidentally design something as out there as blackface shoes. Yeah, I know the answer.

Oct 25, 2017
This has to be intentional at this point. I now know that a Katy Perry shoe line exists, so mission accomplished I guess.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
Aside from the blackface, who the hell is going to wear this?

Sometimes I wonder if celebs think people will wear just about anything as long as their name is printed on it. Sadly it's probably true.