• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Kazunori Yamauchi Has 'No Intention of Stopping' GT Sport's Free Updates

"Yes, we have no intention of stopping those updates and additional content for the game," said Yamauchi — even though he'd revealed to us in Madrid just how exhausting it was!

He continues: "I think nowadays we are no longer in the era where you hold on to the new cars and tracks that you create for the next title, and you save it all for your release. I don't think we work that way any more. Now it is sort of like being on Spotify or the iTunes Store; I think it is more natural to have new additional cars and tracks added to the store as they are ready to go."

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
That's pretty sweet. The post launch support for this game has been amazing. I wonder if for the PlayStation 5 this game will just get an engine update and more content and run the two simultaneously.

Oct 27, 2017
And I've no intention of stopping playing them, so I guess we're good.

It's pretty clear GT Sport has broken the usual "two Gran Turismo on each PlayStation".

Hopefully this will allow GT7 to be there sooner on PS5 than the previous entries.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Good stuff Kaz. But someone needs to sort out the way downloads happen. I had to delete 40GB to download 146.6GB yesterday for whatever update the game just had.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Hopefully all content is made in a way that it's also ready for GT Sport 2 / GT 7, then that next game will be a monster out the gate.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Fantastic news. Like he said it's easier to release as you have the content done rather than saving everything up for sequels. It makes so much sense for racing games because car makers love it when their products get the spot like and they get updated so often.

I also heard they are outsourcing a lot of the modeling so hopefully that will help save time.

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GaaS seems to work so well for MP orientated racing games.

Glad to hear we will see free updates for the future but I wonder what they will have to do to continue that as I can't imagine GTS on the whole made Sony money?

Unless it's a tent pole they are happy to prop up. I do feel they have made roads in making amends to the IP after GT5...

ps3ud0 8)

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
I really need to get back into playing this game, I love watching it.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
I'm actually a big fan of how Kaz and PD announce the content coming in future updates. Also, I don't know why, but I really want more Group B and rally tracks.

MortosDer

Oct 27, 2017
More content is fine. Buy they really need to improve the penalty system. Also opponent quality tied to SR instaed of... you know, DR, seems dumb. Like, "cool you are a clean driver. Here, instead of playing with other clean drivers near your skill level, play against A / S DR drivers. and be forever 2+sec behind"
Maybe that's more a population issue. Idk
Loving the game btw, just a couple of things I find annoying

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
The support this game is getting is fantastic, with regular updates with free cars and tracks. I didn't think Polyphony could pull it off given their previous work.