• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
It's a dumb thing to laugh about, if he isn,t confortable man handling people let him fake it.

If you want to drag him on something, why not his support for Israel?

edit: I heard about the Israel thing today, but didn't find anything concrete to support the claim since, so it was probably bogus. Thank god.

Last edited:

LegalEagleMike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
anigif_sub-buzz-21733-1558031585-7.gif

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When the average person does it it looks lame, but when Keanu does it he looks like Jesus blessing people.

MqJv60v.jpg

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Funny how things change. If you remember, 10 years ago 'hoverhand' was a massive joke people pointed toward as a way to shame some men for being awkward around women. It was played off like they wanted to appear to have intimacy without wanting the woman to know or consent. Keanu is being praised for it, today.

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (3 days): Inappropriate commentary.
I wonder if he's like this because he's still mourning the loss of his girlfriend and their stillborn daughter.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Nerds always come on top

in the 2000s this was shamed, but nerds persevered. Now look at us. Hover hands are back

OP
OP

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Funny how things change. If you remember, 10 years ago 'hoverhand' was a massive joke people pointed toward as a way to shame some men for being awkward around women. It was played off like they wanted to appear to have intimacy without wanting the woman to know or consent. Keanu is being praised for it, today.

Yeah, this is what I was thinking too.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I really don't get why making fun of hover hand is a thing. I also did not know Keanu supports Israel based off an earlier post in this thread.

We can't all be perfect!

Duji

Nov 26, 2017
Hand on shoulder works. Only a problem if it's skin contact (e.g. dress, tank top, etc.) and guy starts being overly touchy there

Deleted member 46493

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Nothing has changed. If you did this today you'd be made fun of. We're just in a "Omg Keanu is EPIC :D" moment (and he's a good looking celebrity).

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Better not to assume you have permission to touch someone than to do it anyway and make them feel uncomfortable.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing has changed. If you did this today you'd be made fun of. We're just in a "Omg Keanu is EPIC :D" moment (and he's a good looking celebrity).

That's why I just do the double finger extended point back to every camera that points at me:
e25edbf0fddc.gif

Truly the only winning move.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You just know this guy will never be a milkshake duck.

Running for US president when

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has he said that he does this to avoid being me tooed or whatever? He might just not want to touch every rando that walks up to him all day.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
The difference of treatment of hover hand in the case of Keanu compared to the cases of nerds 10 years ago is because not the same dynamics are at play in both cases. Nerdy hover hands from 10 years ago were majorly made by men who wanted to pretend they were close to a girl, generally cute one fitting social standards of beauty, without being rejected by her nor asking for her consent, in order to brag about it later on.
Keanu on the other hand, is a sex symbol and has been since like the start of his career, and he knows this very well and has developed techniques around that in order to be able to live his life relatively normally. His hover hand is his way of protecting himself, his privacy, of setting boundaries with his fans. He has been a very private man, and still is, and that's his way of setting his personal space. He does that with every women regardless of their beauty fitting the social standard or not. He's very skilled at firmly blocking flirting attempts being made towards him, in a respectful manner, probably because he's had a lifetime of those coming his way and had to learn how to deal with them.

This interview really paints a good picture about it:

Last edited:

Deleted member 225

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a difference between hover handing because you're being respectful and hover handing because you're awkward.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
Keanu can do no wrong!

The man deserves all the praises, from all that we have heard and seen he is an amazing human being, and his renissance just like in the 1700s is fucking AWESOME!

LONG LIVE KEANU!