• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't he give like $70 million of his Matrix sequel money to the crew of those movies?

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
If him or Chris Evans are ever found out to be anything less than the great guys they seem to be, I give up on humanity.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Didn't he give like $70 million of his Matrix sequel money to the crew of those movies?

His sister had leukemia. She was cured, and he donated 70 percent of his money from "The Matrix" to hospitals that treat leukemia.

Partly true. As best we can put together from press reports over the years, Kim Reeves, who is a few years younger than Keanu, was diagnosed with leukemia around 1991 and, after battling the disease for nearly a decade, was in remission as of 1999. A Woman's Day (Australia) article published in April of that year said Keanu had "lovingly supported" his sister throughout her illness. Media reports as recent as 2015 still describe Kim Reeves as "battling leukemia" — as if there was a relapse — but it's unclear to what extent that's based on hard evidence. The claim that Keanu Reeves donated 70 percent of his Matrix earnings to hospitals that treat leukemia appears to have been fabricated, though we've found plenty of evidence to indicate he is a frequent and generous contributor to all sorts of charitable causes. In a Ladies Home Journal article published in 2009, he said he had started a private charitable foundation:

I have a private foundation that's been running for five or six years, and it helps aid a couple of children's hospitals and cancer research. I don't like to attach my name to it, I just let the foundation do what it does​

Keanu is probably one of the handful of people in holywood i think is an actual nice person . good dude from what it seems

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
I saw Keanu Reeves at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"
I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dude's had a rough go of it but I've heard him be nothing but kind and respectful to everyone. No wonder he's immortal

FreeMufasa

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Respectful of people's beliefs. Racists/athiests were so mad about this video back in the day lmao

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Didn't he have a really sad upbringing or something. Can't remember it but him and celebs like Mark Buffalo went though some tough shit but remained kind celebs through it all.

I saw Keanu Reeves at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"
I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Still a classic.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't he have a really sad upbringing or something. Can't remember it but him and celebs like Mark Buffalo went though some tough shit but remained kind celebs through it all.

He has had death in his life, which probably has something to do with his answer in that Colbert clip.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Setting yourself up for disappointment.

Don't put celebs on moral pedestals - I know they're meant to be like able, but it's easier that way

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Great but imo everybody in the world should be kind.
It's telling that this is special to people. Sad.

He seems like a great guy though.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
He has had death in his life, which probably has something to do with his answer in that Colbert clip.

Love really is preparing those those we love for when we aren't around anymore. Whoever Keanu has lost throughout life must've all been good people. Seems like a good genuine dude 😥.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Great but imo everybody in the world should be kind.
It's telling that this is special to people. Sad.

He seems like a great guy though.

Of course it's special. Negativity sells more and always garners far more attention.

Kindness and kind people should deserve some attention. If this was Keanu being accused of something terrible it would be a 50 page thread.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes celebrities being too nice or open to fans get them harmed or killed.

Female fan broke into his house, didnt call cops, gave her beer instead

03-B527-D5-A7-D5-444-F-B4-BC-71019-D32-C014.jpg

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/fan...-of-calling-cops-he-invites-them-in-for-beer/

Oh yeah there is more Years later though

He has had another two break-ins since them, one was found in his library & another girl naked in his pool

https://www./tvshowbiz/article-2767...e-just-TWO-days-confronted-woman-library.html

In the first incident, the 50-year-old was at home, and allegedly awoke around 4am by noises coming from the library of the property.

After getting out of bed to see what was going on, he is said to have come face-to-face with a woman in her mid-40s who had broken in and sat in his chair.

Sgt. Albert Gonzalez after the break-in that 'officers detained one female at the location in her 40s' after speaking to Keanu, 'advised them that she obviously did not belong there.'

He added that the woman was 'behaving erratically and was taken to a medical facility to be evaluated'.

Keanu wasn't at home when the naked swimming pool girl was there

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Of course it's special. Negativity sells more and always garners far more attention.

Kindness and kind people should deserve some attention. If this was Keanu being accused of something terrible it would be a 50 page thread.
Well, that's true. I think they tried a good news paper once. Failed miserably.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Female fan broke into his house, didnt call cops, gave her beer instead

03-B527-D5-A7-D5-444-F-B4-BC-71019-D32-C014.jpg

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/fan...-of-calling-cops-he-invites-them-in-for-beer/

Oh yeah there is more Years later though

He has had another two break-ins since them, one was found in his library & another girl naked in his pool

https://www./tvshowbiz/article-2767...e-just-TWO-days-confronted-woman-library.html

In the first incident, the 50-year-old was at home, and allegedly awoke around 4am by noises coming from the library of the property.

After getting out of bed to see what was going on, he is said to have come face-to-face with a woman in her mid-40s who had broken in and sat in his chair.

Sgt. Albert Gonzalez after the break-in that 'officers detained one female at the location in her 40s' after speaking to Keanu, 'advised them that she obviously did not belong there.'

He added that the woman was 'behaving erratically and was taken to a medical facility to be evaluated'.

Keanu wasn't at home when the naked swimming pool girl was there
That's scary, wow. A stranger in your house while you're sleeping.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Keanu is an absolute legend, love his films as well. Even the bad ones

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
The man's an outright saint. One of my favourite people and I unashamedly love every film I've seen him in. Yep, even Dracula.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah he's great. I'm annoyed he's coming to Fortnite because I'm left with no choice but to pay $20 for his likeness in a video game.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
he's awesome irl, is the protag in my favourite movie of all time (matrix) and he also did this

yeah i love him and i can't imagine a matrix 4/reboot without him

Oct 26, 2017
I once met him and said I don't want to bother you and he said like you are now and he had Milky Ways and he made me pay for them and laughed and we had sex on the floor.