• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dark_EMT

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Breaking:
Keanu Reeves accused of taking a couple of women to very lovely dates. They accuse him of being a gentleman and be interested in them.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Trolling and misrepresenting other members
Keanu is great, but I think it's weird for people to put celebrities on this moral pedestal when it doesn't take much for that moral "cache" to be taken away. He's a nice guy, but he's one bad tweet away from a bunch of people on here calling him trash. And then will be brought up everytime someone mentions how great of a guy Keanu is. Just saying it's weird.
Lol so true, if he even looks at a black person in a sleightly weird way he is done for 40% of the people here. No redemption, no second chances.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Sorry guys, he's a milkshake duck.

mk71a6hs4lxz.jpg

/s

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
He does seem exceptionally immune to the arrogance that most celebrities build up, which is pretty rare. Moreover he still has a ton of humility which contrasts with, for example, Trey Parker and Matt Stone which also seem immune to celebrity status but actively mock the concept of celebrities.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Keanu is great, but I think it's weird for people to put celebrities on this moral pedestal when it doesn't take much for that moral "cache" to be taken away. He's a nice guy, but he's one bad tweet away from a bunch of people on here calling him trash. And then will be brought up everytime someone mentions how great of a guy Keanu is. Just saying it's weird.

Folks tend to forget actors are still... human beings and that they're not the characters they portray in film. Actors on soaps over here in the UK have gotten death threats for things their characters did and since the age of social media gives us an unprecedented look into the way these actors think and what they believe in, it makes their lives open to even greater scrutiny.

It's dumb and just another reason why social media was a mistake.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope in many many decades from now when he passes, no one is cleaning out his home and they find a button that opens up his book case to some stairs that go down into a brutal sex/torture dungeon where he sacrificed people to stay youthful looking. That might make me like him slightly less.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
He also has really good taste in material. Like, over the years he's managed to attach himself to some of the coolest scripts floating around, signal boost them and then... Unfortunately not make it to the film if it's ever made. Happened with Passengers (initially a strong script, over-developed to hell), Untitled Chef Project (an awesome script, had him and Fincher, then eventually made into the awful Burnt after rewrites), 47 Ronin (he actually made it into the movie this time! - but again, it was butchered), etc.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
holy shit that video is hilarious

i dont think he isn't, but hard to keep a straight face with some of those scenes and text lines

Oct 29, 2017
He seems like a genuinely awesome guy and that should be celebrated. Can't wait to see the new John Wick.

OTOH this kind of thing gives me a little pause. His job in relation to his fans is to entertain them with his movies, not be their friend or role model. Maintaining their brand on social media and fostering this "personal" relationship with fans is something an actor is expected to do now and I feel like it can result in fans having an element of possessiveness over a celebrity's personal life, political views, etc. that might not be healthy. Like people saying they'd be devastated if Chris Evans turned out to support a candidate they don't approve of, or whatever. You don't actually know him! I don't know, I may be overthinking it.

Rocket786

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, he has a pretty sad story. Lost his best friend, his child was still born, and than the mother of that child ( his Girlfriend) died in a car crash all in the span of like 6 years. Seems like a guy who is depressed inside and is just trying to make it through life as peacefully as possible.

So... John Wick?

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
i feel bad for him because he has the pressure to live up to this online reputation, which i'm sure he knows about, constantly. what if he just has a bad day or is grumpy? get annoyed by overzealous autograph hounds as i'm sure anybody would? nope, gotta pretend you're super nice guy keanu at all times...

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Most Hollywood types send an assistant and/or event planner when they're interested in holding a private party at the hotel I work at, but Keanu himself came in last fall to see about arranging something. He was super chill and friendly, and walked around the hotel during a second visit saying hi or waving at any of the employees he remembered from the week before.

"Just a guy living his life peacefully" while simultaneously being quite famous really is about the most fitting descriptor for this dude. There's zero chance of someone digging up any meaningful dirt on him after all this time and so many positive anecdotes from celebs and regular people.

OP
OP
SnatcherHunter

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Most Hollywood types send an assistant and/or event planner when they're interested in holding a private party at the hotel I work at, but Keanu himself came in last fall to see about arranging something. He was super chill and friendly, and walked around the hotel during a second visit saying hi or waving at any of the employees he remembered from the week before.

"Just a guy living his life peacefully" while simultaneously being quite famous really is about the most fitting descriptor for this dude. There's zero chance of someone digging up any meaningful dirt on him after all this time and so many positive anecdotes from celebs and regular people.

Wow! Thats just so awesome.

Iceman

Oct 26, 2017
Alhambra, CA
I have two stories of meeting Keanu. If we ever have the chance to meet in person, remind me to reenact them. Both started out super intimidating (from my pov), and ended up with him being the sweetest, most collaborative and supportive guy uou could know. He gives everything he has. Smart as a whip too.

OP
OP
SnatcherHunter

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have two stories of meeting Keanu. If we ever have the chance to meet in person, remind me to reenact them. Both started out super intimidating (from my pov), and ended up with him being the sweetest, most collaborative and supportive guy uou could know. He gives everything he has. Smart as a whip too.
giphy.gif

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Keanu does seem like an awesome dude.

And example #5 in the OP's video has me fucking dying lmao

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's my absolute favorite. I love him.

I will legitimately lose faith in humanity if it were to ever come out that Keanu Reeves is a bad person.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
if you kidnapped Keanu and Tom Hanks and put them in a pit and forced them to fight to the death to see who survives who would win?

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Keanu Reeves + Puppies 🐶

Answering questions like the following:

What Marvel or DC character would you choose to play if you could be any?
Keanu: When I was a Kid I always wanted to play Wolverine so Wolverine

Damn if only

(It's buzzfeed, I know I apologise but I had to share it's Keanu with Puppies)

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hah, this is perfect

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Keanu Reeves + Puppies 🐶

Answering questions like the following:

What Marvel or DC character would you choose to play if you could be any?
Keanu: When I was a Kid I always wanted to play Wolverine so Wolverine

Damn if only

(It's buzzfeed, I know I apologise but I had to share it's Keanu with Puppies)

Peanut butter and honey. Hell yeah

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I haven't made that many good decisions in my life.
But 8-year-old me who, upon discovering Keanu Reeves in Little Buddha, decided right there and then to stan him for life, now that was a hell of an amazing decision. More than 20 years later, I haven't once regretted that one. I have a thing for cinnamon rolls, I'm hella weak for them, and Keanu Reeves is the undisputed King of Cinnamon Rolls. I love him so much, I hope he lives happily for another 100 year!

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dude is a saint. Surprised there isn't a "religion/cult" formed around him. Not that I'm advocating, but considering his influence and his means, it's amazing he seems like such a nice guy, maybe the most sincere in Hollywood.

After the apocalypse, in the arid, dust-strewn ruins of what was once civilisation, all that will survive is a ratty magazine article called "Top Ten Nice Things Keanu Did".

Discovered by the mutated remnants of humanity, it will be treated as a holy text, and by following the Cool Ocean Breeze's example of "Being Excellent to One and Other", mankind will flourish once more, perhaps even reaching for the very stars themselves.

A-nu.