• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil

The idSoftware timeline got a lot more complicated.
1f914.231af00d2a.png

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was commonly known. Maybe I just spend too much on Wikia sites

Nov 6, 2017
This is...interesting and something amazing can get out of this. A shared FPS universe where you can play one of the characters, and meet the others, or coop. Hire me id.

Oct 28, 2017
Don't start talking about Commander Keen unless you're gonna revive the series.

Classic 2D Keen when? The market would surely support it now I think.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the Blazkowicz and Keen connection was always known, with Doomguy being the only one up in the air until now.

SephLuis

Oct 25, 2017
I'm illiterate so can someone tell me from which game Commander Keen is ?

A part of me wants id to make a stand alone expansion and go full terminator with the story.
Throw Doom guy into the past or move Blazko to the future and let them do their family thing. Add Serious Sam as a godfather figure for good measure.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure every '90s PC gaming character is secretly a Blazkowicz. It's like the Joestar family.

Zushin

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Wolf3 speculation

So obviously the Nazis have been to the moon in the first game and Venus in the second. The second game also has Ubergewers that shoot energy that looks suspiciously like argent. What's the bet in Wolf 3 Blazko goes to Mars at some stage and argent energy is a plot point linking it to Doom

Last edited:

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
This makes me realize that Commander Keen being added as a Quake Champions character is an actual possibility. That would increase my interest in that game tenfold.

Dec 3, 2017
The biggest mistake id ever made when it was still really id was Quake 3. They should have made it more like a Capcom versus game where they brought in all of their characters, had different classes, and done a real team focused mode instead of the lackluster Team Arena. Keen could have been the scout class. They could have had the Cyberdemon has a tank class, etc. They could have had CTF stages that were half military base and half hell maps. It wrote itself. It was so obvious what to do with Quake 3, but they blew it on an incoherent mess.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Wolf3 speculation

So obviously the Nazis have been to the moon in the first game and Venus in the second. The second game also has Ubergewers that shoot energy that looks suspiciously like ardent. What's the bet in Wolf 3 Blazko goes to Mars at some stage and ardent energy is a plot point linking it to Doom

I bet he preemptively goes there to prevent other expansions and inadvertently creates the future.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Blazkowicz/Keen has always been canon, not father/son, but it was always canon that Commander Keen (Billy "Blaze" Blazkowicz) was a descendant of William Blazkowicz.

Doom Guy being also part of the linage is news tho!

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Commander Keen (legal name: William Joseph Blazkowicz II) is the grandson of Wolfenstein 3D's William Joseph "BJ" Blazkowicz according to The Official Hint Manual for Wolfenstein 3d. Doomguy is implied to be a descendant of BJ in Wolfenstein RPG [1], and is later explicitly named as Stan Blazkowicz in its sequel, Doom II RPG. This series of connections makes the majority of id Software's protagonists related.

From the Doomwiki. Tom Hall finally laying down the law.

Raptomex

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was known or at least hinted at in terms of BJ and Doomguy being related. Didn't know about Keen. This is really cool.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Also, if BJ's baby is Keen's father, we clearly need a new IP showing the adventures of that generation

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, that's way less fun.

Seeing what BJ's son does for a living makes it a little more fun. Also, Julia? The plot thickens..

Arthur Kenneth Blaze né Blazkowicz, a television talk show personality in Milwaukee, Wisconsin who, for the purposes of show business, has changed his last name from Blazkowicz to Blaze. He is married to Susan Elizabeth Blaze née McMichaels, and is the son of William Joseph "B.J." Blazkowicz—a top spy for the Allied Forces in World War II—and Julia Marie Blazkowcz née Peterson.[

http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/The_Blaze_Family

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
The Blazkowicz-Keen connection dates to Apogee's Wolf 3D guide from 1992.

wolf3d_bj_blazkowiczajsyb.png