• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plum

May 31, 2018
So, uh, you know that feeling you get when you see a word so many times that it doesn't seem like a proper word anymore?

I think I'm feeling that right now with 'Epic'

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how often it needs to be mentioned, but Epic isn't part of the list of publishers part of the Summer Game Fest.
ksGXA3A.png

technically as middleware, they're not showcasing games, but engine tech in this instance so therefore the publisher part is meaningless.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all realize this is an hour long showcase event, right? It's gotta be something they can show off.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope it's someone showing off a really impressive new engine for next gen honestly and not wOAHH X JUST BOUGHT X

G-X

Oct 28, 2017
Secret project releasing tomorrow for free on EGS, and later PS5 XSX that Epic has long been working on lead by ChAir showcasing their next set of UE features, evolution of their cyber city demo, you play a bounty hunter in an expansive world chasing criminal aliens, it's a spiritual successor to PREY2

Nah but really its probably engine related, we know basically everyone at XGS is on Unreal wouldn't surprise me to see Sony do the same

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Netflix showing up would be cool. I'd also be down for a Playstation PC launcher so I can stop streaming from Remote Play.

Pyroblazer

Oct 30, 2017
I think it's something cross-buy/play/save-related. Jeff Grubb tweeted about future tech and replaying things to increase your score. Maybe something as wild as buy your game on Xbox and play it on Playstation for free or cheaper too, so you could play it for Gamerscore and then replay it for trophies. I don't know if you need a showcase who lasts 1 hour for that, but there is probably enough to talk about how that works and which games are supporting something like that. Some wild guesses, but could be something in that direction.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Universal adoption of Epic's crossplay services.

www.unrealengine.com

Epic 2019 Cross-Platform Online Services Roadmap

Throughout 2019, we’ll be launching cross-platform game services originally built for Fortnite, and battle-tested with 200,000,000 players across 7 platforms. These services will be free for all developers on all engines, all platforms, and all stores. Developers can choose mix-and-match...

learning

Jan 4, 2019
Imagine if they announced a Bubsy 3D Remake. In parts.

I would be up for every single edition. Geoff, please make it so.

/sarcasm

Ombala

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
I'd find cross play and cross save to be a wet fart unless Switch is involved for cross saves.

Feature would rarely be used by most to warrant excitement, as multi console ownership is not a high percentage of people.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Universal adoption of Epic's crossplay services.

www.unrealengine.com

Epic 2019 Cross-Platform Online Services Roadmap

Throughout 2019, we’ll be launching cross-platform game services originally built for Fortnite, and battle-tested with 200,000,000 players across 7 platforms. These services will be free for all developers on all engines, all platforms, and all stores. Developers can choose mix-and-match...
You can see it is an Epic roadmap because they missed the target deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.