• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Man, that sucks. That gives me one less reason to care about Sony first party stuff. They're never going to have the budget they had with Sony, ever.

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
Silent Hill reboot dream is dead.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Maaaaaaaaaan, I was hoping for another Gravity Rush game. This kills me.

capnjazz

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Byrgenwerth
I really wish Gravity Rush took off since it was a pretty unique IP. I mean Sony didn't even include Kat when they posted that banner celebrating Women's Day.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

Trailer of the studio, made by Archipel.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Good to see they're still in gaming at least.

Sony has really neglected Japan Studio. The rumored Ape Escape project was apparently canned as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Wish them the best, super excited to whatever comes next from these guys. This makes me even less excited for Sony first party than I already was in recent years, but I don't see that as a bad thing, particularly so if Bokeh's games are multiplatform.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony Japan winding down? probably not, but losing out top peeps like this strikes me as a defocusing going forward

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sony Japan has really been one of the more depressing stories for me going into this gen.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
www.resetera.com

So weird tweet from Ape Escape's 20th Anniversary Twitter (possible project cancellation?)....take with iceberg sized grain of salt

EDIT: Playstation employee reading this thread, I would be ok catching Astrobots. Looks like the 20th Anniversary Twitter for Ape Escape is shutting down after one year....but they left behind an odd solemn series of tweets. I am fully admitting I reaching with a ten foot pole, but this reads...

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Hopefully this means they'll actually be able to put out stuff. The overt focus on western properties is why I stopped caring about First Party Sony releases post GR2. I think the only one I've bought since then is GoW and that was only after it got good Word of Mouth.

Sucks they won't have Sony backing but, honestly, did they really now anyway?

Jan 20, 2019
www.resetera.com

So weird tweet from Ape Escape's 20th Anniversary Twitter (possible project cancellation?)....take with iceberg sized grain of salt

EDIT: Playstation employee reading this thread, I would be ok catching Astrobots. Looks like the 20th Anniversary Twitter for Ape Escape is shutting down after one year....but they left behind an odd solemn series of tweets. I am fully admitting I reaching with a ten foot pole, but this reads...

That is not confirmation that the project even exist in the first place.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
With Toyama gone, the only thing Sony has left that appeals to me is Ratchet and Clank. At least his games can be available to more people now.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Oof, at this point if Sony fans want a high budget Japanese ass first party their best hope are Kojima joints...

Sleepwalker

Oct 29, 2017
Obligatory Toyama appreciation post!

I wish him and his team the best, he's easily one of the most creative directors working in the industry. I'll be keeping a close eye on whatever project this studio comes up with.