• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

36 Chambers

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, this was the most promising Nas career has been in a long time. A Yeezy x Nas album had people full of hope.

Now this

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Man, fuck Nas. I have looked up to him since I started listening to him. Tragic that Kelis had to go through that shit.

FeenixRisen

McDonalds looks really average next to Wendys
Oct 25, 2017
I'm one of the biggest Nas fans in this board and I can't even condone this shit.

First Ye, and now this. I need to reevaluate the rappers I listen to

36 Chambers

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone treating Kanye or Nas or anyone famous as their heros are stupid as hell. Take the music and leave the celebrity behind.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, one of my favorite artist but fuck Nas.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Never meet your heroes.

I saw Nas at a grocery store in Boston once. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"
I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone who was tweeting out "at least we have Nas" yesterday after the Ye stuff…you guys need better heroes.
Thats not how this works...until today there wasnt much reason to not fuck with Nas. He made solid music and had a somewhat positive Persona.

Expecting us to behave on information we dont have or stuff we couldnt possible know is weird.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
I'll also echo the sentiment of choosing better "heroes."
I feel for Kelis and any person in a psychical abusive and destructive relationship. This shit should not be tolerated and given a pass, ever.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
For the people with the Jay jokes, didn't he cheat on Beyonce of all people?

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
welp. don't feel sorry for him having to deal with the kanye mess anymore.

36 Chambers

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
when the music and persona are as intertwined... how to you separate the two?
I feel you. But if you dont use Twitter/Instafram/Facebook whatever its pretty easy. Only interaction I have with famous people is listening to their music or seeing them perform their music. Im not looking to them to be a role model or to educate me or inform me. The music is the persona.

Lets be clear Im not defending Nas or Kanye or any other Emcee here. They deserve all the shit thats coming their way. But if you just take the music and leave the cult of celebrity/personality behind, its easier to deal with these revelations when they come out.

The root of the problem is people need better role models. Just cause someone making great music doesnt mean they are a great person. Take the art and leave the rest behind.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Calm down Sasuke, don't pop your sharingan. I was more making fun of how long the tweets lasted.
Just sayin...i dont even f with Nas. Ill agree that loosing Kanye hurt though.
Even i cant defend him anymore lol.

For the people with the Jay jokes, didn't he cheat on Beyonce of all people?
You arent wrong. But there is a big difference between being unfaithful and physical abuse.

Then again this shouldnt be a dick waving contest between those two.

Mar 10, 2018
Fuck men. Ive lost faith in humanity. We are wholly unnatural with nothing to check our growth and cause us to put aside differences, see the bigger picture and work together
I feel this way too to a certain extent, but I feel like most of the problems humanity has faced from its early days are the result of men being in charge most of the time. I'm not saying women are flawless paragons of virtue, but man, I feel like men have historically - and continue to - constantly steered the ship of humanity into easily avoidable icebergs. I think it's time we let someone else take the wheel.

36 Chambers

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A significant portion of hip hop lyricism is interwoven with the man (or woman) speaking the words, hence the value placed on authenticity

Is it though? I think the time of authenticity is long dead. Back in the 90's yeah, authenticity was everything. You didn't bite others style or lines. Nowadays its all products. Rick Ross wouldnt have survived the CO thing in the 90's.

Hell its universally known Drake is the biggest rapper on the planet right now and he doesn't even write his own lines.

I treat hip hop like characters on a TV show. Im not getting mad at Idris Elba for killing Wallace.

Nasir Jones is a fucking scumbag yeah, Im not debating that at all.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Kelis is so strong for speaking out and I hope other women who want to speak about abuse they have faced are inspired by her.