• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Exactly. Fuck outta here with that bullshit and keep the ignorant "won" jokes outta threads of this nature please.

This is my sentiment. I fuck with Jay being from Brooklyn myself, but I am waiting for the shoe to drop with him and women. This is long before Beyonce too. People thinking he doesn't have skeletons in his closet with ladies or groupies are clowning themselves. We are all going to he shocked when we start hearing stories drop all across hip-hop and rap music.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I saw Nas at a grocery store in Boston once. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"
I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

You've probably posted the same copy pasta like 10 x and you still think it's funny and it's so fucking dumb.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That Nas Kanye album should be the music event of the year, but now it's gonna be one massive collective UMMMMM

Oct 25, 2017
I feel this way too to a certain extent, but I feel like most of the problems humanity has faced from its early days are the result of men being in charge most of the time. I'm not saying women are flawless paragons of virtue, but man, I feel like men have historically - and continue to - constantly steered the ship of humanity into easily avoidable icebergs. I think it's time we let someone else take the wheel.

The same would have the case if women were in charge. Humanity is the problem and there is no cure.

Fauxpaw

Oct 25, 2017
God damnit Nas, fuck you too. Very disheartening to hear/read stories like this almost constantly. We need to be better.

What makes these stories easier for me is thinking of what all of this has meant for victims. They have a voice like they've never had before. While not every victim will come forward, the stories that have come out have shown people are ready to start listening, and it also shows victims that they are not alone.

It isn't much yet, but it's a start, and it's been important. I take solace in that.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
Nas might as well just shelve his album. One of the media superpowers is to run a black man's reputation through the mud over these kind of accusations. And I absolutely believe her. Especially remembering how their relationship was back during that era. (he seemed really possessive)

Mar 10, 2018
No. That would be ridiculous.

There's shitty humans out there. Some and men, some are women.

They obviously don't represent an entire gender in either case.
But which ones have vastly more power and influence in society? The way the world is and has always been set up, shitty men are far more dangerous than shitty women. You know this.
I know this isn't that relevant to the Nas topic, as anyone can be a domestic abuser. But, I don't know if the majority of them are women...

PhoenixDark

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
White House
ExiDJJd.gif

We can also discuss Hov fucking Aaliyah and Foxy Brown when they were underage if you want.

Obviously there's an ugly custody battle going on and while Kelis told some ducktales in that interview...I believe her. How do I process this, as an admitted Nas stan who would shed a tear if I met him? I'm disappointed. Nas' drinking issues are pretty public, he's rapped about it and you can find videos of him being blackout drunk. It sucks. And I'm not surprised at the jealous accusations; Cormega told us that years ago.

Most of the truly great artists in music, film, etc are flawed people. Sometimes, incredibly so. We should separate art from the artist. At the same time, it's also true that an artists' flaws are often one of the things that make him/her interesting, or great.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
ExiDJJd.gif

We can also discuss Hov fucking Aaliyah and Foxy Brown when they were underage if you want.

Obviously there's an ugly custody battle going on and while Kelis told some ducktales in that interview...I believe her. How do I process this, as an admitted Nas stan who would shed a tear if I met him? I'm disappointed. Nas' drinking issues are pretty public, he's rapped about it and you can find videos of him being blackout drunk. It sucks. And I'm not surprised at the jealous accusations; Cormega told us that years ago.

Most of the truly great artists in music, film, etc are flawed people. Sometimes, incredibly so. We should separate art from the artist. At the same time, it's also true that an artists' flaws are often one of the things that make him/her interesting, or great.

I think flawed is a mild word to describe someone who physically abused his partner

For me, a flawed person is someone who for example, cheats or betrays a coworker to get a promotion.

But physically abusing someone goes far, far beyond merely being a flawed person.

Casual

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But which ones have vastly more power and influence in society? The way the world is and has always been set up, shitty men are far more dangerous than shitty women. You know this.
I know this isn't that relevant to the Nas topic, as anyone can be a domestic abuser. But, I don't know if the majority of them are women...
I don't see what that has to do with what you said though.

Losing your faith in an entire gender based on the actions of a subset of them makes no sense. Yeah, shitty men are probably more dangerous than shitty women. That still doesn't change the fact that most men aren't shitty.

Thornton Reed

Oct 30, 2017
I love hip hop but come on is anyone really surprised?? Rappers talk about women like fucking objects, degrade them by calling them bitches and hoes. Are we really shocked?

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
ExiDJJd.gif

Tasteless joke maybe but c'mon part of Nas's brand is how he stands up for his sisters, especially in comparison to Jay.

We all know they have demons and skeletons but Nas being a domestic abuser was the last thing I expected.

And I was just forcing my wife to listen to and enjoy "Undying Love". She's the one who shared the news with me.

Who's next?

Fauxpaw

Oct 25, 2017
How can you be so sure?
We can't be, it's true, but power in general tends to corrupt people. As anecdotal evidence, an acquaintance of mine used to be a bouncer. Women would fuck with/try to grab him a lot, and he said there was always an air of entitlement to it; they knew they could get away with it. However, I think to focus on "people are shitty" is reductive in these cases, because women aren't the ones in power, and never have been. It doesn't make women less shitty when they do things, of course, but we can't ignore that women take a hell of a lot more shit from society than men do. My friend very clearly can recall the times he's been sexually harassed/assaulted; I can't because it's happened so often that it's literally just a part of my life.

For me, it's been a gradual creep, which quickened very rapidly during the Me Too movement. I was never the type to think "Niggas ain't shit," but lately, I've been kind of feeling that way. Something's up with the boys.

Soemthing's always been up, and people are finally starting to listen. Many of those people being men. While it's still not nearly enough men, it's more than women have had before.

Oct 31, 2017
I love hip hop but come on is anyone really surprised?? Rappers talk about women like fucking objects, degrade them by calling them bitches and hoes. Are we really shocked?

Nas isn't "Rappers", he's Nas. Nas isn't accountable for whatever another rapper said or did.

Nas or any entertainer being a womanizer isn't in the same stratosphere as being a woman beater, really.

As far as I know, Nas never rapped about beating women so yeah, this is on the surprising side

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
Really disappointing if true, Nas was (is?) a legend one of the first rappers that really got me into the genre. Hopefuly he can get some help with his drinking problem and he can find a way to repent. Also good on Kelis for coming forward, the #metoo movement has been a great success, No one should have to go through this shit and I hope more people for comfortable enough to come forward.

Is anyone else losing their faith in men? When I'm able, I'll try to make a thread on this.
Get this sexist shit out of here

CrumbSnatcher

Jan 12, 2018
This is going to be a blow to his album sales, and overall business ventures. Well, you get what your due at some point, and dues are about to be paid.

That's why I think things through, you can avoid becoming that person if you think about your life experiences and whats in you past that liquor can bring.

I couldn't of been Kelis dad or brother, shit would of hit the fan, if I found out.

Mar 10, 2018
I don't see what that has to do with what you said though.

Losing your faith in an entire gender based on the actions of a subset of them makes no sense. Yeah, shitty men are probably more dangerous than shitty women. That still doesn't change the fact that most men aren't shitty.
It's the bolded that I'm having trouble believing. Nas was "most men" (or above them, actually, depending on who you ask) just a couple of hours ago. It's not as if my lack of faith is coming out of nowhere. Isn't something like one in every three women sexually harassed in college or something like that? I find it very hard to believe that "most men" worldwide today and throughout history aren't scumbags in some way or another.

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Escobar is completely over now. No way to justify spending a dime on these people.