• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RBelong2Us

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
When all is said and done and she decides she's done with the life...

Kim is gonna write a BOOK.

Oh yeah? That's so awesome. Maybe she should help the dude she's married too that she has kids with get some serious help. That would probably help more than a book.

Acting like she's not part of the problem

Mar 10, 2018
Oh boy... Maybe you guys should stay on topic instead whatever agenda BS you got going on. This is about the abuse Kelis suffered while married/in a relationship with Nas in case you needed a reminder. Including that 'winning' nonsense, smh...
Can you elaborate on this? I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not trying to push any agenda.

whitehawk

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Nas? Fuck. I haven't listened to him much but when I was a kid I knew him from that song..

"I know I can, I know I can
Be what I wanna be,
Be what I wanna be..."

That song always made me respect him, that song really stood out in the early 2000s, it's not like today where it's openly accepted to rap about mental health issues.

Welp, fuck Nas then. Preaching to kids in the public, beating your wife in private.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Oh yeah? That's so awesome. Maybe she should help the dude she's married too that she has kids with get some serious help. That would probably help more than a book.

Acting like she's not part of the problem

Lil Kim, not Kim K.

I hate that Kim K has taken away the moniker of Kim. Back in my day, you said "Kim" and everyone knew you were talking about the Queen B.

Fauxpaw

Oct 25, 2017
This kind of thing seems common in rap/hip hop culture tbh

Rock stars are just as deplorable to women. For the easy example, a plethora of rock songs are about sleeping with underage girls. Bowie slept with girls as young as 14, and how many people even know about that or acknowledge it?

Edit: The other easy example is John Lennon, who beat his wife and his kids.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This comes on the heels of her asking for an increase in child support payments that a judge still hasn't decided on and an announcement of an upcoming album from Nas. At one point Nas had to pay 40,000 a month for child support (later lowered to 25k). I'm extremely skeptical of her motives here. Obviously abusing women isn't okay, but this is news to a lot of people and I think her motives are dubious. They've been having legal battles for years, and I don't recall this ever coming up in her custody battles before, or brought up in court, etc. That we know of.

Casual

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's the bolded that I'm having trouble believing. Nas was "most men" (or above them, actually, depending on who you ask) just a couple of hours ago. It's not as if my lack of faith is coming out of nowhere. Isn't something like one in every three women sexually harassed in college or something like that? I find it very hard to believe that "most men" worldwide today and throughout history aren't scumbags in some way or another.

So, one of the "most men" turned out to be shitty so naturally we should assume that all the other ones are too? Your faith in over 3 billion people has been lost because of some recent big stories on harassment. Like, I'm well aware of the fact that the types of things that make it to the news are generally shitty, and that can really skew perceptions, but c'mon.

Blanketing an entire, LARGE, population of people who have relatively nothing in common (again, over 3 billion men and for the most part the only thing they have in common is being men) is an ignorant outlook. Proportionally this is pretty close to the type of person who would consider the entirety of Islamic population to be bad because of the actions of ISIS.

I guess this all depends on how you define scumbags, but any definition that would make it so that most men fall into it would likely make it so that most people in general fall into it.

Oct 31, 2017
Black people are pathologically prone to be domestic abusers, that's what you're saying. Because you have to be dumb as hell to think this is a hip hop thing and not a men thing.

This is the future of thread and it's already started. This won't be about Kelis and Nas, it will be made into the inherent evils of "Rappers and hip-hop culture"

and yeah it's thinly veiled racism

RBelong2Us

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
As is , this a one sided story so far.

They've gone through numerous custody battles and the likes these past years. There could be more to all this.

People condemning Nas for a one sided story (so far) is foolish imo.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
Black people are pathologically prone to be domestic abusers, that's what you're saying. Because you have to be dumb as hell to think this is a hip hop thing and not a men thing.
TBH it kinda both...and when I say that I obviously don't mean all hip-hop/rap, but we all know how some rap artist choose portray women. Mix that with being rich and powerful you gotta admit that probably adds up to create some toxic people.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This doesn't surprise me. Nas has alluded to being an alcoholic and having a violent temper.

Cormega won. Everything he said about Nas turned out to be true.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As is , this a one sided story so far.

They've gone through numerous custody battles and the likes these past years. There could be more to all this.

People condemning Nas for a one sided story (so far) is foolish imo.
Spousal abuse is a very serious crime. But if the've been having these custody battles, child support issues, etc. for years - why are we just now founding out about it now? Maybe that's not something you want to talk about in public, but surely you bring that up in court to support your case in child custody hearings, alimony, child support, etc.

Oct 31, 2017
Lol way to put words in my mouth. I never stated nor implied that black ppl are prone to be domestic abusers, but keep reaching though

all you did was give your unsupported feelings on woman beating being common in the culture that predominantly comes from black communities

and you got the nerve to say anyone else is reaching by calling your shit out?

Oct 27, 2017
ExiDJJd.gif

We can also discuss Hov fucking Aaliyah and Foxy Brown when they were underage if you want.

Obviously there's an ugly custody battle going on and while Kelis told some ducktales in that interview...I believe her. How do I process this, as an admitted Nas stan who would shed a tear if I met him? I'm disappointed. Nas' drinking issues are pretty public, he's rapped about it and you can find videos of him being blackout drunk. It sucks. And I'm not surprised at the jealous accusations; Cormega told us that years ago.

Most of the truly great artists in music, film, etc are flawed people. Sometimes, incredibly so. We should separate art from the artist. At the same time, it's also true that an artists' flaws are often one of the things that make him/her interesting, or great.

Cause you don't understand him it don't mean that he nice

It just means you don't understand all the bullshit that he writes

Is it Oochie Wally Wally or is it One Mic?

Is it Black girl lost or shorty owe you for ice?

Mar 10, 2018
So, one of the "most men" turned out to be shitty so naturally we should assume that all the other ones are too? Your faith in over 3 billion people has been lost because of some recent big stories on harassment. Like, I'm well aware of the fact that the types of things that make it to the news are generally shitty, and that can really skew perceptions, but c'mon.

Blanketing an entire, LARGE, population of people who have relatively nothing in common (again, over 3 billion men and for the most part the only thing they have in common is being men) is an ignorant outlook. Proportionally this is pretty close to the type of person who would consider the entirety of Islamic population to be bad because of the actions of ISIS.
You're right, We shouldn't lose faith in three billion people just because some of them have done horrible things. And that is precisely why my diminishing faith is so troubling to me. I shouldn't be losing faith in ALL men just because a few are bad, and yet, I am. I don't know what those three billion men have done, and neither do you. And I know that sounds like hateful, fear-mongering, bigoted rhetoric, but I don't know what else to say. Obviously I'd never assume that the majority of Muslims are ISIS members; there is no rational basis for making that assumption. But the majority of ISIS members are men. The majority of school shooters are men. The majority of serial killers are men. The majority of rapists are men. The majority of genocidal maniacs are men. I can't ignore this trend. I would never have guessed Nas of all people to be a domestic abuser. How was I supposed to have known that? Trust me, I used to think the exact same way as you. I never make broad, sweeping generalizations. It's irrational and quite frankly paranoid to feel the way I'm feeling, but right now I can't help it.

TL;DR: As do you, I will continue to assume that most men are good. It's just kinda hard to do that right now.

RBelong2Us

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spousal abuse is a very serious crime. But if the've been having these custody battles, child support issues, etc. for years - why are we just now founding out about it now? Maybe that's not something you want to talk about in public, but surely you bring that up in court to support your case in child custody hearings, alimony, child support, etc.

Exactly!

If it involves your children's well being and you feel as though this man might not be fit/stable to take care of them how in the world do you JUST bring this up and not even to the courts during custody battle but to the media.

It just doesn't sit well. Nas could very well be what she says he is but at the same time you have to take accountability for your actions (or lack of) as well.

PhoenixDark

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
White House
Tasteless joke maybe but c'mon part of Nas's brand is how he stands up for his sisters, especially in comparison to Jay.

We all know they have demons and skeletons but Nas being a domestic abuser was the last thing I expected.

And I was just forcing my wife to listen to and enjoy "Undying Love". She's the one who shared the news with me.

Who's next?

True. Nas also has a history of...less than satisfactory views on women, as displayed in his music. He may not throw around "bitch" like Hov did but songs like Black Girl Lost and others have often been criticized. Of course, women still love him and his music regardless though.

It sucks. I'm still going to listen to his music, still buying his next album, still separating artists from their art etc. But I'm bummed out rn.

Tonedeff

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Once again I'm reminded how smart it is to not view any of these celebrities as heroes/idols/whatever-the-fuck. People don't even know these motherfuckers, yet they're willing to hand over a part of their "souls" to them

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I did since its true. Get offended all you want and continue to spread lies about what I said.
It a men with power thing man, not a hip hop thing. You only have to look at so many other artists from other types of music. Then cast that shit wider and look at the abuse that women put up with in a men dominated world

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like the forum is, day after day, farther and farther from having a place to have a proper discussion about sensible topics. It's depressing because there are probably posters who would be able to say a lot of good things if they felt comfortable about it. Otherwise i have very little to say. I'm tired of hearing about women suffering the existence of men. It's routine. Yet things move not even an inch, and a week past things are all the same, with the same headlines and the same shock. Y'all are shocked a man beat up his wife?

Then keep your shock to yourself, because it betrays a naivety about men that shouldn't be accepted by anyone, least of which men themselves.

Illest1

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'll wait for proof. Wouldn't want to condemn someone based off a single comment. Especially since there is a history of ill will between the two.

Pun intended.

Casual

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Victim blaming
I'll wait for proof. Wouldn't want to condemn someone based off a single comment. Especially since there is a history of ill will between the two.

Pun intended.
Eh.

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

Historically, Nas does have poor beat selection. (I'm sorry).