• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Wait I showed a friend and they pointed out that all the other Corn Pops are wearing body suits because they're ninja. So maybe under their ninja suits they all look like the janitor?

LionPride

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ay my man's is just groovin while buffin them floors all the while, these wild ass pops just fuckin shit up for no damn reason

TheTrinity

Oct 25, 2017
Wait I showed a friend and they pointed out that all the other Corn Pops are wearing body suits because they're ninja. So maybe under their ninja suits they all look like the janitor?

That is a bit weird, I looked closer and almost every single corn pop looks like they have a sort of 'ninja' bandana on. I get that ninja supplies would be popular, but all of them? Hahaha.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
That is a bit weird, I looked closer and almost every single corn pop looks like they have a sort of 'ninja' bandana on. I get that ninja supplies would be popular, but all of them? Hahaha.
Yeah the box art actually explicitly says they're all Ninja too

Poor artist is gonna wake up and be like "oh god dammit"

TheTrinity

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the box art actually explicitly says they're all Ninja too

Poor artist is gonna wake up and be like "oh god dammit"

Yeah, this is making a lot more sense now that I'm aware of the ninja thing. You can see also that the eyes are completely different between the ninja and the janitor and the janitor has a nose visible while everyone else does not since their ninja masks are covering it.
I'm thinking now that this is just a mistaken view of what is actually going on, that everyone has a ninja suit on except the janitor. Which sort of makes sense.

Transhuman

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm offended that people would be offended that it's a janitor. One of my friends is a cleaner at a shopping center, the idea that people would think of his job as degrading genuinely pisses me off. Some people have no sense of respect.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I'm not sure I'd notice that ever on my own but now that I see it, wow. Is it good or bad that I'd clearly miss this?

Ray Wonder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would love to know the entire process of how this ended up getting printed. Seems so outlandish. Almost as if it was set up. "Oh yeah sorry, we have no idea how that happened! We agree that it's outrageous!"
All the while Kellogg's name is on the news all over, getting that free exposure.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I truly believe I would have caught that if the image came my way. And I think most melanin rich people would as well.
Yeah I guess if I had it sitting on the table and I was really examining it, I might have noticed it. It's just one of those things where I don't think I would even try to see something like that, but now I will.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Just one of the little easter-egg "Screw you minorities!" That's pervasive.

And if you complain about it or point it out folks will say you're being overly sensitive and ain't shit there.

Quantum racism.

Shirke

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
What I don't get is how the artwork is popcorn having fun in a mall, why did they have to stick a janitor in to kill the mood and why did they make it brown?

FortuneFavors

Oct 25, 2017
So... How did they fix this? Did they recolor everyone into various colors to ensure diversity? Or did they decide to add more brown corn pops?

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You have the one guy just trying to do his job and everyone else messing around, breaking all the rules. If anything, he's painted in a positive light.

Briarios

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll tell you exactly how this got by:

The artist, either through willful or unconscious bigotry creates the piece.

Those approving it did one of two things:

1) looked very closely at it, and they were ignorant of the message because of their own privilege.

2) didn't do their job and look closely at all

As a white male, I would never have even noticed it until it was pointed out to me. That's part of the problem we have; we just don't see it through ignorance.

For those of us trying to be cognizant of these things, please understand our mental deficiencies and point them out with patience so we can get better.

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
Opened the thread thinking this was going to be a "Its nothing.gif" issue.

Was disappointed... WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!?

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Clearly racist.

I can't believe that slipped though whatever approvals they have in place for this stuff.