• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Mod Edit: All right, let's cool it with the #NotAllStarWarsFans or #NoTrueStarWarsFan arguments.

This people aren't fans. Don't you fucking dare to call yourself a Star Wars or a superhero fan if you have ever harassed anyone over a fucking film. You are scum. And you won't win.

tumblr_p5kl7o5Z7t1r49x55o8_400.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
Embarrassing and disgusting. Fans are always the worst part of anything.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
I have recently thought to myself that the fandom world would be a better place if instead of saying so and so 'destroyed my childhood, I will never forgive them!' ... We could just say 'that wasn't my cup of tea' and move on.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Cringe. Did you have to put down the worst line in the movie in your OP?

But yeah, no one deserves to be harassed for a movie role. SW fans are too aggressive.

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
This woman is so lovely and was so happy to get a role in a Star Wars movie but she gets so much hate from the fanbase and it's really sad. She'd be constantly seeing all the criticism and mockery of her character too. I've come close to unfollowing the Sequel Memes account on so many occasions because every second post is "DAE ROSE SUCKS!?" and it's exhausting

RetroCCN

Oct 26, 2017
At some point, Star Wars fans have to stop and say to themselves, "maybe the movies aren't the problem."

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Daisy Ridley deleted her account too? When did that happen? Must have missed it.

What is wrong with some people? You can dislike the character.. but why harass the actor/actress in real life? Pathetic and dumb.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
I'll never get this. Hate or dislike the movie all you want, but harrassing the people who poured all their love and hard work in it? You can fuck right of.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised. I've seen plenty of people here who HATED Rose and mentioning that all the time.

Worthintendo

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this shit, she was one of the best parts of The Last Jedi, found her character so bright and happy and something different that we hadn't seen before in the Star Wars movies.

Fuck all the useless troll shits ruining something good for everyone.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not fond of plenty of fanbases but Star Wars has gotta have the most rabid and shittiest. I can't stand the Rose character either but fuck harrassing her. pretty crazy pattern that it also happened to Daisy Ridley too.

does John Boyega have an instagram account?

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's sad. They are a pathetic bunch. Social media is trash. It's not the end of the world though, many celebrities don't partake, better for it. Some so called fans go way too far with their opinions into harassment which is unacceptable.

Nov 27, 2017
I was really let down by last Jedi, but I'll never get the mentality of going after actors/actresses. It just makes you a terrible person.

Solo was amazing and I rate it the best out of the new movies. The boycotters are missing out ironically.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Predictable. I wasn't fond of the movie in general or the parts Rose were in (although that didn't have much to do with the character, let alone the actor) but I don't feel a need to be a dick about it towards any of the people behind it. What the fuck is wrong with geek culture these days?

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Harassing people because they made a movie you didn't like is some stupid shit. It's cruel and for no goddamn reason.

Custard

Alt Account
Banned
May 10, 2018
Bunch of scum.

Did Hayden really quit acting because of the fanbase?

Real Hero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even if you thought she was the worst character ever, why do this? What does it achieve?

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
I hope those so called fans keep getting movies they hate because that is all they deserve.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
The Star Wars fandom really is the worst in existence.
It isn't a Star Wars thing and I don't say this as a defense but it's pretty clear from observation this is a problem of us not having progressed as much as a society as the environment a lot of us might have grown up in made us believe.
Basically there is way more human scum out there than we might see in our own lives but we can see how it affects fandoms like star wars, or any fandom big enough as well as politics, etc. It kinda bleeds into everything at some point.

---------

I will say though youtube ain't helping the case here by also massively peddling a ton of videos with the shittiest human scum hottakes to people. Like I actively tell youtube I'm not interested in that garbage and it still recommends me variations of shit like "why Kathleen Kennedy is the worst thing", "How Solo vindicates the fans". Like jesus christ....Now I admit I haven't watched those videos and maybe I'm to quick to judge but experience tells me the videos are exactly what the titles sound like which is babies crying about the SJW boogie man. And that stuff generally also having views in the 100k+ I can only imagine how that doesn't actually discourage any of the shitty behavior.

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
Every time a thread is derailed because a person needs to mention how bad something or other is in The Last Jedi, I think of the toxicity of fandom. Don't these people have any shred of decency? There is so much vitriol in their hearts. Don't they have someone who love them? Derailing threads may just be one small thing but the lack of social aptitude to just move on is astounding. And while it only be thread-derailment on this forum, in other places (which also acts as echo-chambers) it's far worse and more toxic.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never liked her character in Episode VIII but I would never think of going online and harass someone. She's an actress who just played a role.