• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
EDIT: This thread is not to call Kellyanne's claim that she was assaulted a lie. Victims very often blame themselves, as she is here. The problem is that she is blaming others for when they are assaulted.

I understand she is a bad person who does bad things. But please stop calling her a liar for saying she was assaulted. "Believe women" doesn't mean "believe women except for those who are bad people."

--------------------------------------

I have no words.

Video above. Text taken from Politico article below.

"I'm a victim of sexual assault," Conway said on "State of the Union" as part of an extended statement in defense of both Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and the rights of those who have been victims of assault.

"I don't expect Judge Kavanaugh or Jake Tapper or Jeff Flake or anybody to be held responsible for that. You have to be responsible for your own conduct," she continued.

The host did ask how she reconciled her personal experience with President Donald Trump's statements about people making false allegations, to which she replied: "Don't conflate it with what happened to me ... Let's not always bring Trump into everything that happens in this universe."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/30/kellyanne-conway-sexual-assault-kavanaugh-853890

Last edited:

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some people are just too far gone. Kellyanne Conway makes those people seem like they're perfectly well adjusted and fucntioning members of society.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
she wants the attention shifted to her, and want the media to 'question' if it's true so she can apply the same thing to the Kavanaugh accusers.

I hope no one falls for it.

FunkyMonkey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's like the bread crumbs are there and she almost gets it, and then falls into the rabbit hole of craziness. I've had a couple friends of mine come forward with their stories during that last week or two and seeing stuff like this really bothers me. They have it hard as it is and don't need other women pulling this crap. I mean it is her... But still

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
She is in the White House. I cannot imagine how many people Trump assaults on a daily basis in those rooms.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 days): dismissing allegations of sexual assault
That she's dismissing it so easily tells me she's lying.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
She isn't responsible for what happened to her, but she is responsible for being a complete fucking cunt of a person.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man. She's horrible, but You can tell her saying that was hard for her because of 1 of 2 reasons

1. She actually is a victim of sexual assault, which I wouldn't doubt, and she's realizing in this moment she's actually stooped to the point of using that against herself purely to help push this agenda.

Or

2. She's not a victim of sexual assault, and she's realizing she's stooping so low to trivialize fellow women and also some men's sexual assaults for an agenda talking point is a new fresh low.

Either way, how sad.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is she really saying what I think she is saying? "It's my fault I was sexually assaulted? Don't blame the perpetrators?"

Wtf? How mentally deranged can you be, Kellyanne? Truly, everything for the cause... fuck morals! Right?

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
The fact that she dismisses the concerns so lightly suggests she's either lying or truly just an unsympathetic piece of garbage--or both, even.

Oct 30, 2017
Whether or not Ms Conway was or wasn't assaulted is not a question the media should largely concern themselves with. Take her at her word but don't let her run with the victim blaming nonsense. She will obviously either lie or ignore any past traumas to further the conservative cause. Figuring out which one is true isn't all that important.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Whether or not Ms Conway was or wasn't assaulted is not a question the media should largely concern themselves with. Take her at her word but don't let her run with the victim blaming nonsense. She will obviously either lie or ignore any past traumas to further the conservative cause. Figuring out which one is true isn't all that important.

And the GOP would love the media focusing if it's true so they can apply the same thing to Ford and the others.
'You liberals don't believe Kellyanne, why should we believe Ford'

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
There are probably a significant number of women who have been sexually assaulted and wrongly blame themselves or wrongly blame no one. Some of them have probably even wrongly blamed other victims for their own sexual assaults, completely aware about how it relates to them.

Deleted member 907

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Statistics tell me that it's highly probable that she was, so I'm not going to say that she's outright lying. That said, it's literally her job to lie and do misdirection for Trump and the administration. Saying that Ford is credible is also a rhetorical trick because that's different from saying that she believes that what Ford is saying is the truth. Sure, it's a pedantic argument, but that's straight out if their playbook.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
That she's dismissing it so easily tells me she's lying.
I wouldn't be surprised. In her generation, sexual assault was rather normalized. I'm taking about stuff like pats in the butts in office settings. But she's completely on team GOP that it doesn't matter. Similar to the how the Harley Davidson workers reacted to the tariffs.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
So why didn't *she* come forward and name her assailant after the assault took place? That question could have given Republicans some perspective.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
I feel like this is a misdirection and if it is she is pure fucking evil, if is not she is still evil but I also pity her that this is how she is dealing with the trauma.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
... I don't know how to feel after reading the contents of the OP.

Is this real life?

Last edited:

ShortNasty

Dec 15, 2017
I'll watch the video. But I think she is saying that the only person responsible for her assault is the one that assaulted her. That it isnt some part of a larger societal issue (ie: rape culture, male privilage, etc.) Maybe wanna take a few steps back with that title.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Look at her the moment she has Jake tripping to convey empathy for what she just said. Just WAITING for him to say something out-of-tune or relating it to Trump, so she can go on the defense.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
She will do anything to further her evil cause. Lying about this certainly isn't beneath her. It's like someone said, this is surely bait to get people questioning her so she can have that gotcha moment and turn it around on Kavanaugh's victims. That said, I will believe her and if she is courageous enough to open up about the incident she should share her story. But, she is throwing every other victim under the bus regardless of the truth of it. Either way she's still a deranged psychopath for what she has done and continues to do.

Arctic_Fever

Aug 6, 2018
I believe her. It's easy to believe her, as statistics overwhelmingly support. But she is using her experience to downplay the severity of what other women have experienced, and to force Tapper into becoming a sympathetic ear instead of a journalist. Still, from the short clip, he handled it about as well as could be expected.

She's so all over the place with her word salad, as usual. She doesn't have a single logically consistent position, except the obvious partisan shit. Don't yell at Jeff Flake, even though his assent would have put an alleged assaulter on the Supreme Court. Go blame the perpetrators! But don't blame Kavanaugh. And don't blame my boss, not everything is related to him, even though he has more than a dozen credible accusations against him. But definitely blame Bill Clinton and the Democrats who refused to vote to remove him from office. He got a beejer once and lied about it!

She's right about the Bill Clinton stuff, though.