• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
For someone who's made it her job to lie for this President and invent alternative facts I absolutely question her credibility.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, there you go.

That's exactly my point. We shouldn't be calling her a liar about the sexual assault claim given the actual statistics of women being assaulted.

It's fair game to call her garbage for her defending sexual assaulters, however. Two different things. She can both be garbage and be telling the truth about being assaulted -- which she likely is.
She may have been and that's not acceptable but as soon as she uses it to defend known trash that has sexually assaulted others. It doesn't downplay her assault but it's pretty indefensible what she's doing.
grossest thread i think i've ever read on here. what is wrong with you people?
this isn't A gross thread, you can believe her and still think she's trash. I'm sure she's honest about it but who she's defending makes her garbage to.

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She could have had a good face turn but doubled down on being a heel

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
Dear Kellyanne Conway,

I'm a guy who was orally raped by a couple people in front of a couple other guys.

No, I wasn't drunk or anything like that. "Tricked" is probably the best way to put it. As such, I have just one thing to say:

Go to hell, jackass.

Sincerely,
Charizard

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018

Uhhhhhhh.... say what now?

Playing up that incel/alt-right crowd.

One of the worst parts of this is that there are undoubtedly some people who are going to hear her say that and take it to heart. Allowing people to divest themselves of responsibility for the horrible acts they commit on other people is super wrong. They'll think that saying something like "I sexually assaulted her but it's not my fault she was dressed like that!" is an acceptable stance.

Holy shit it's like someone transplanted a red piller into a woman's body. How can her perspective be so warped?

what the actual fuck did i just read........................

...this ain't it chief

Well said.

Not well said.

what the fucking fuck

The tweet is real, but the context is fake.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ann-coulter-men-no-choice/

This message was indeed posted on Ann Coulter's official Twitter account, but it was not written in September 2018 in response to the accusations against Brett Kavanaugh, nor was it posted as a standalone message.

Coulter's viral tweet was intended as a comeback to Garcia's statement, aimed at mocking the logic of his argument (rather than justifying rape)

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Believing her claim that she has been sexually assaulted during the course of her life hurts no one. It shouldnt even seem improbable.
This is where I'm at.
As unfortunate as it is, sexual assault is insanely common. When the #metoo campaign started, a friend told me about all of the instances of sexual assault she had to deal with. I'd wager that even if they don't know it, everyone has at least one friend or family member that has also suffered.

What I can't condone is Conway saying that it's a woman's responsibility to avoid sexual assault. Where's the blame for all of the men who make it so that women don't feel safe out in public, walking down the street, or even in their own goddamn homes?!

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
'I'm a victim but these women are liars.'

Fuck CNN for continuing to give her airtime.

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
WHY WOULD SHE WAIT SO LONG TO BRING THIS UP?!

sarcasm, but that's the bullshit Republicans use to try to throw away all the claims against Trump and the rest of the jackasses.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't disbelieve she was assaulted, but it's not a great look to keep leveraging it in this way.

Oct 28, 2017
I heard it happened right around the time of the Bowling Green massacre.

Hard to believe someone that has lied so much and so frequently and will continue to do so. That said, I'm willing to listen to her story, see what sort of exculpatory evidence exists and have my mind changed.

But this is a perfect example of why it is important to be truthful.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Not shocking at all. Which is why I don't understand these Trump women. You're a women first. My mother told me that something like what happened to Ford happened to her when she was a teen in the late 70s. I think stuff like this is incredibly common.

HiredN00bs

Oct 25, 2017
Laurel, MD
I'll watch the video. But I think she is saying that the only person responsible for her assault is the one that assaulted her. That it isnt some part of a larger societal issue (ie: rape culture, male privilage, etc.) Maybe wanna take a few steps back with that title.
it took 42 replies to get to one person who could accurately parse what she was saying

Christ

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Im so confused about what her argument is. You're responsible for your own conduct... but apparently only if you're the victim? Going after flake, who's a member of congress to change his vote, isn't a valid thing to do cuz you should go after the perpetrator not petition government.... but she just said essentially to leave the perpetrators alone that its your own fault?

I'm sorry for her that she's also experienced this, but this really doesnt make any sense.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I wouldn't be THAT surprised if Coulter tweeted that. I mean you have the president saying nazis are good people, Kanye defending slavery. Is it THAT crazy for a far right woman to defend rape at this point?

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Not shocking at all. Which is why I don't understand these Trump women. You're a women first. My mother told me that something like what happened to Ford happened to her when she was a teen in the late 70s. I think stuff like this is incredibly common.

It's fuck you got mine to the max degree. I may have been assaulted but I'll defend this rapist because I'm getting paid.

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
This seemed to be a tactic by the MAGA crowd leading up to the hearing on Thursday. I was arguing with people on facebook about how Dr. Ford may not be lying and they would argue that she is. After so long they would say they were also a survivor and that they known how Ford should have acted and since she didn't act that way she was a fraud. It's really hard to argue with them once they drop that because you can't call their claim into account, so I would just say I'm sorry for what happened to you, but that doesn't make you the authority on all survivors.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Hilarious how "we believe women" goes straight out the fucking window as soon as it's a woman people don't like.

Some of you folks sound exactly like Trump supporters talking about Dr Ford.

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Funny how "we believe women" goes straight out the fucking window as soon as it's a woman people don't like.

I think it is a far different situation since Kellyanne is a habitual liar and she is the mouth piece of one of the biggest liars to walk the earth. With so little credibility going in you question her motives before you trust what she is saying. Sadly, It is something she has brought upon herself. But I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she was, most likely by a family member who forced the "it's your fault" bullshit on her and did so for years. Not to mention she is also highly religious and that also likely played a part in her looking down on herself and other women. She likely had been told that for so long that she eventually came to hate herself and every woman who also was a victim, which is how she turned into the perfect person for the GOP to push their woman hating agenda.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If people here don't believe Conway, they have a lot of reason not to. Statistically speaking, she probably was. I just don't see what the point is of getting mad at people for not believing Conway.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
If it's true then I genuinely feel sorry for her. Nobody deserves to have that happen to them. With that being said that doesn't excuse the fact that she is a shit person with shit beliefs and actions nor does it absolve her of any criticism of those beliefs or actions.

Heri

Oct 28, 2017
I know CNN isn't above doing the both sides thing but She probably told them she wanted to come on to talk about her experience with sexual assault. What are they going to do? Deny her a chance to speak out?

Yes, she adds nothing to the conversation, just lies, thats his job, why give her the opportunity to say more garbage?

That is exactly what she did, she only talked about her experience so she could blame the victims.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hilarious how "we believe women" goes straight out the fucking window as soon as it's a woman people don't like.

People are skeptical not due to her political affiliation but because she is a habitual liar.

Lurcharound

Oct 27, 2017
UK
If I assume she's telling the truth - and while I normally always believe women in such cases with a habitual political liar like her my assumption ain't as strong as normal - then it's shocking and horrific that she would actually blame women for being victims and state the men should get away with it. That's beyond fucked up and it's very alarming it aligns to GOP party stance. If she's actually willing to use her own victimhood and bend it to toe party line I have no words for how low an act that is.

That said if she actually is lying: that's even lower.

I'm presuming the former, and I'm sorry she was abused: but what she's doing with the fact of her abuse and how she's channelling it's reveal is horrific and morally reprehensible.

In short I just don't get her or people like her at all.

My moral compass just can't compute why you'd do what she's just done.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
"This woman should not be insulted and she should not be ignored,"

That was Conway not drinking the koolaid and doing this on Fox and Friends no less.

Gee I wonder why get tune changed...

She's gonna have to accept the bed she made for herself.

I said this before but now I understand why she even had that initial reaction.

I'm not surprised she sold herself out. She already sold out her kids when she was confronted by Bill Maher on how she could get her kids to understand her support for Trump and what Trump's actions mean for them.