• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
Yes, which is why I'm confused as to why you'd even suggest that believing her is a problem.
The fact that she didn't mention names makes it less of a challenge.
If she had said Obama did it, that's where we'd have a problem.
And, honestly, given the moral heights of this administration, it wouldn't surprise me.

Oct 29, 2017
Yup. Patterns like, "People who crap on about believing women on matters of sexual assault are prone to abandoning that notion the second the woman in question is one they don't like."

Cute but you know that's not the pattern I'm referring to.

"One they don't like" is dishonestly reductive.

I'm not saying she's necessarily a liar. Given the simple fact that she's a woman means statistically she's likely to have faced it at some point in her life. But trust and honesty go hand in hand. Make a career about lying, don't be surprised when a claim is met with skepticism. Especially when she weaponized her own claim to defend two known sexual predators. You have to be able to see the context in which this claim is being made and how it's used.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Cute but you know that's not the pattern I'm referring to.

"One they don't like" is dishonestly reductive.

I'm not saying she's necessarily a liar. Given the simple fact that she's a woman means statistically she's likely to have faced it at some point in her life. But trust and honesty go hand in hand. Make a career about lying, don't be surprised when a claim is met with skepticism. Especially when she weaponized her own claim to defend two known sexual predators. You have to be able to see the context in which this claim is being made and how it's used.

You're saying that the belief is conditional. "I believe women... sometimes. When the context suits me."

You are being very dishonest lol.
no u r lolololrofllmao

You want to come at me, put some fucking effort into it.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're saying that the belief is conditional. "I believe women... sometimes. When the context suits me."

no u r lolololrofllmao

No one's coming at you. Kelly isn't getting eyerolls here because she's disliked. Tomi Lauren and Ann Coulter are scum too, though they would be believed here.

Oct 29, 2017

no u r lolololrofllmao

You're damn right it's conditional. Conditional on someone who hasn't made a career out of lying and isn't actively trying to weaponize sexual assault to defend known aggressors.

It's a typical alt-right tactic: find something unconditionally agreed upon by liberals, strip it of context, and force them to get behind you by parroting it right back at them. You would do well to consider the context in which claims are made. Otherwise you play right into their tactics.

Bossking

Nov 20, 2017
Like, man, I get that it's incredibly shitty to doubt survivors of something so utterly horrible, but at the same time, Kellyanne Conway did fabricate a "massacre" in Bowling Green, Kentucky as justification for the travel ban. It's not really "I don't believe her because I don't like her", it's more "I have a particularly hard time completely believing her seeing as she has a pretty well-documented habit of making up terrible things to justify terrible policies for the administration she works for."

Oct 29, 2017
Like, man, I get that it's incredibly shitty to doubt survivors of something so utterly horrible, but at the same time, Kellyanne Conway did fabricate a "massacre" in Bowling Green, Kentucky as justification for the travel ban. It's not really "I don't believe her because I don't like her", it's more "I have a particularly hard time completely believing her seeing as she has a pretty well-documented habit of making up terrible things to justify terrible policies for the administration she works for."

This.

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
It's terrible that Kellyanne Conway was sexually assaulted. No one should have to suffer that. It doesn't, on the other hand, mean she's still not an obnoxious lying scumbag. I believe her, but she's still an asshole, as demonstrated by attempting to use her trauma to cover for a sexual assaulting liar.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"I'm a victim of sexual assault. I don't expect Judge Kavanaugh or Jake Tapper or Jeff Flake or anybody to be held responsible for that. You have to be responsible for your own conduct."

What, exactly, is she arguing here? I mean, unless it was Kavanaugh or Tapper or Flake that sexually assaulted her, why would anyone expect to hold them responsible for her assault?

And that line about people having to be responsible for their own conduct... umm, yeah? Is anyone arguing otherwise? Or is she implying that her actions--whatever they may have been--that resulted in her being sexually assaulted was the precipitating factor for the assault rather than the culpable mind and willful intent of the perpetrator that performed and actively desired the sexual assault?

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Is this an even grosser sexual assault version of "I have black friends"?

Shame she's using her assault to bash other victims.

Oct 25, 2017
27914.jpg

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There's going to be a "Sexual Assault Survivors for Kavenaugh" bus isn't there?

ShortNasty

Dec 15, 2017
it took 42 replies to get to one person who could accurately parse what she was saying

Christ

I feel like people ran with the least charitble reading of her phrasing. Once we did that, you can see how the more vulgar comments in this thread got a bit of a push out the door. Especially after watching that video, I'll stand by my interpretation. I view the thread title as a bullshit dumpster fire, the OP as not pleasant, and the thread itself as an overall dissappointment. Oh well.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Remember that you can criticize Kellyanne's behaviour that seeks to attack victims or defend abusers, without dismissing her own allegations as lies.