• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ashep

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User was banned for one week for disingenuous arguments and trolling.
Graham Norton's couch is again the scene of a heinous invasion of personal space at the 1:41 mark of the below video. First he intimately clutches her wrist then goes back for a second caress of her knee.

Hopefully this makes some idiots in the media - and a bunch of resetera members - realise how ridiculous they were and apologise to Adam Sandler for labelling him "creepy" and "weird" because they don't understand the basics of human interaction.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
On a lighter note, those two must be really good friends I reckon. British thespians being all pally with each other makes me happy.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Umm, clearly Claire Foy was uncomfortable with Sandler. Dench doesn't seem to be. Doesn't that make all the difference?

Broken Joystick

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
England
I mean these two are clearly friends and have known each other for a while. I'm sure Judi Dench doesn't think twice.

Not sure I could say the same about Adam Sandler and Claire Foy. Though she already said she wasn't bothered.

Not sure what the point of this is outside "I told you so"?

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
The reason why Sandler was talked about was the reaction of the person whose knee he touched. It didn't seem appreciated.

I didn't think that Sandler did anything terrible, but it wasn't merely the knee touching that got people talking about it.

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this and the Sandler incident are definitely worthy of debate/discussion, instead of the Weinstein and Spacey incidents.....

OP
OP
ashep

ashep

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean these two are clearly friends and have known each other for a while. I'm sure Judi Dench doesn't think twice.

Not sure I could say the same about Adam Sandler and Claire Foy. Though she already said she wasn't bothered.

Not sure what the point of this is outside "I told you so"?
Well yes it's a smarmy way of raising the topic again but the point I'm making is that this sort of interaction is perfectly normal.

Because Foy is a young, attractive woman and Sandler is a middle aged man it was immediately framed as creepy.

Replace the optics with Branagh and Dench and it makes it clear that is not actually a big deal worthy of Sandler being raked over the coals.

Status
Not open for further replies.