• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
does the pedophile get money for their character usage?

Well, yes. He has the copyright of the series so he receive royalties for everything related to his work including license. And considering that it's a 50 years commemoration of the magazine in which it has story and the manga still is strongly ongoing after what happened (it's first volume sold almost 400k already), I'm not surprised that it happened.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
exclusive first screenshot :

3msv8Ja.png

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Well, yes. He has the copyright of the series so he receive royalties for everything related to his work including license. And considering that it's a 50 years commemoration of the magazine in which it has story and the manga still is strongly ongoing after what happened (it's first volume sold almost 400k already), I'm not surprised that it happened.

Coulda picked a different manga. SJ doesn't care.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coulda picked a different manga. SJ doesn't care.

WSJ isn't involved with Kenshin for quite some time, the editorial responsible is from Square Jump where the current manga is currently serialized and well, that's more on Shueisha itself than editorials of magazines in which yes, they don't care as a publisher as you see both Bandai Namco and Shueisha putting the franchise on the game. And regardless of my vision (in which he should be in jail), Watsuki continues out there because that's what was decided by the law, which is bad and still lenient in it's punishments but it's the current law.

Status
Not open for further replies.