• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you have any debts?

• I never really had any collateral.

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • I owe some people some apologies.

Votes: 185 82.6%

• Total voters

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Everything on that tape was wild.

For those waiting for Act V/TV Edition, it was mentioned in a comment on Patreon that
the game is just waiting on some finalization now, but due to holiday schedules with the various companies involved with the release there's a chance it will get pushed to January.
Ah, just a month away and we'll get GOTY 2020?!

OP
OP
ListeningGarden
Oct 25, 2017
We're finally near the end of the Long Journey Home.

Cardboard Computer posted an ominous tweet 40 minutes ago, which led fans to checking the WHEN-KRZ hotline for any changes. The phone line has changed, and now says that the game is "Awaiting Publication", and that more information will be available shortly. An operator will be with us, it says, with an estimated wait time of (as of this post) 3,765 minutes. Every once in a while, the line will return to inform you of how much longer you have left, with various messages thanking you for waiting and commenting on staying for so long.

Mark your calendars for Tuesday!!

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Holy shit holy shit. Can't believe GOTY 2020 is going to be come out at the beginning of the year.

OP
OP
ListeningGarden
Oct 25, 2017
Ben just uploaded the OST for Act V on Bandcamp, releases on the 7th. All but confirms a release for tomorrow!

I've already made some changes to the OT to prepare for the release, gonna have to work overtime tonight to finish everything in time!

Last edited:

iwam

Aug 7, 2019
Can't wait!

Unlike a lot of people, I actually like having new free parts of the story pop up once in a while - I find it fits the vibe of the game quite well. Even though I only started KRZ after Act 2, the release of new parts has served as an backdrop to many changes in my life, and I'll be a little sad to see it end.

Last edited:

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
Ben just uploaded the OST for Act V on Bandcamp, releases on the 7th. All but confirms a release for tomorrow!

I've already made some changes to the OT to prepare for the release, gonna have to work overtime tonight to finish everything in time!

I saw this and got immediately hyped. More hyped somehow.

Have all previous acts OST. He's such a great composer.

He, aside from releasing his own album, collaborated on Angel Olsen's latest album as well, which, as expected, is quite good.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Presumably when Act V is released the game will be updated so the interludes happen automatically between acts?

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
surprised they didn't release today on the 7th anniversary. But at least there was the announcement today. I'll get ready to start the series. :D

Feeroper

Oct 25, 2017
I have never played this game before but it sounds really good - I plan to pick the console version up - would it be better on Switch or PS4? I don't know if it is demanding at all on the hardware given that it originally started back in 2013, so I presume there should be no technical performance issues on any platform (?)

So it comes down to trophies vs portability - I'm leaning towards the Switch version currently for the portability and the fact that I can pre-purchase now on Switch with a 10% discount.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I have never played this game before but it sounds really good - I plan to pick the console version up - would it be better on Switch or PS4? I don't know if it is demanding at all on the hardware given that it originally started back in 2013, so I presume there should be no technical performance issues on any platform (?)

So it comes down to trophies vs portability - I'm leaning towards the Switch version currently for the portability and the fact that I can pre-purchase now on Switch with a 10% discount.

It doesn't seem highly graphical. I got it on the Switch for portability.

OP
OP
ListeningGarden
Oct 25, 2017

Annapurna has the Switch version (without Act V in place, sadly) at PAX South, and so far general impressions have said that it plays very nicely on the Switch. Cardboard Computer confirmed it runs 1080p on Switch docked (720 handheld) and say that the PS4/Xbox versions will do its own upscaling for 4k modes to preserve some stylistic choices they've made.

If you want to get a peek at the new typefaces and system menus in action, Here and There Along the Echo had to be updated with a new build because the old build has a bug that causes it to not launch in years divisible by 101, including 1919, 2020 and 2121. Jake confirmed that all of the interludes will be updated to be consistent with their inline versions in the TV & PC editions and available as individual downloads upon the game's release.

Kentucky Route Zero also got a nice little shoutout in ZA/UM's post today talking about the team's various inspirations in making Disco Elysium. The only other game they listed was, obviously, Planescape Torment, so it's super cool to see them championing KR0 there and being very excited for the release of Act V!

OP
OP
ListeningGarden
Oct 25, 2017

For anyone who was waiting until Tuesday to pick up the game, it is currently 30% off as part of the Steam Lunar New Year sale, which is a pretty nice price to grab it for just days away from the final episode and psuedo 're-release'!

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, this thread started in 2017...

Instantly preordered it on Switch. Have it on PC but in the time since the game's first few episodes came out I stopped playing on PC and I don't mind double dipping.

Waited for the whole thing to come out before playing it, can't wait for tomorrow

Jyrii

Oct 27, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Man, I bought KR0 from Humble store (I think it was discounted) on July 24th 2013. Never thought it would take so long for the last episode to get released.
Have loved every episode so far.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Will be picking it up on the Switch even though that Steam price is tempting. Need to cuddle up in bed with this game.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I bought Act 1 of Kentucky Route Zero on Januari 12th 2013 directly from Cardboard Computer. Can't wait to (re)play the entire thing on Friday. I only played the first 2 or 3 episodes previously.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
I am a little confused by the OT. Do existing pc players get the interlude chapters at all? Are they DLC we have to pay for?

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Up on the Aussie PS store now.

1-Screenshot-20200127-133706-1.png

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
I am a little confused by the OT. Do existing pc players get the interlude chapters at all? Are they DLC we have to pay for?

Actually nevermind i figured it out. See below:

"We're so happy to share that Kentucky Route Zero will be updated with the conclusion of the story, Act V on January 28, 2020. This huge update also includes the free 'interludes' we released between episodes, localization (French, Italian, German, Spanish (Lat. Am. & European), Russian, Korean & Japanese), and many other fixes and improvements.

Thanks for being a great audience. Enjoy the new trailer! "

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Pre-ordered it on Switch today. Haven't played any of the episodes before, but I was looking forward to it since it was presented in a Nindies Direct back in August 2017...

Z0mbicide

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Any chance we get a physical version for Switch/PS4? This seems like prime pickins' for Limited Run Games.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I've heard about the hype for this game for years, but know pretty much nothing about it. Looking forward to going in blind!

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Is this a supernatural game or just an "odd thing is here" narrative adventure?

Ashok

Jan 24, 2019
Wow, I've avoided most Kickstarter adventure games bc I found most to be terrible. Felt really burned by backing so many adventure games like Broken Age which I found to be quite disappointing. But it seems KRZ is actually... good???

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Was going to start digging into this over the weekend but opted to wait for the update since it's going to include the interludes.

I've been waiting a long time to play this and I'm excited to finally get the chance to tomorrow.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looking forward to this. I played through the first 4 episodes in PC, but it's been a while and I remember little so I'll do a full replay. Waiting for the update and last chapter to drop on Steam (and want to finish A Plague Tale first) so I can play with the interludes integrated etc.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember when or why but I purchased this back in 2016 and then realised it was incomplete and chose to hold off on the final release. That feels like aeons ago!

Great to see that it is coming to completion, bravo to the team for seeing it through. Excited to dive into it at some point soon.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have the VR interlude and willing to share? I still don't have a headset but plan on it one day.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to replaying from the start and really taking my time going through it.