• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
As long as you don't cheat every day multiple times a day you should be ok. It might slow down your progress and even kick you out of ketosis but you'll go back on it easy if you stick to your diet. Do what you have to do so you don't completely abandon the diet imo.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
I managed two full weeks on keto, dropped about 14lbs. Was sleeping better, appetite was way down, drinking a lot more water regularly (I carry a 40oz HydroFlask with me) and overall felt pretty good. Been supplementing Magnesium, a Daily Vitamin, Fiber, and Cod Liver Oil. Overall things felt like an improvement and I was happy with the direction I was going in! Birthday week rolled around, and it got spoiled when my friend offered to take me out to lunch, she was concerned with my keto diet and being "too carby" and I told her it probably was but I bent the rules for her cause I love her dearly. And then another friend took me out on my birthday, and a third friend brought me cupcakes and even acknowledged the fact that I cut carbs, but she was being so sweet with balloons and a card and I couldn't say no.

So I basically fell off the wagon for the whole week, and here's my experience: Cravings hit hard. I'm talking like finding excuses to go out to eat. And it was a lot of fast food, like going to get taco bell was an immediate response in my brain of "this feels good, I want more". Eating til I felt gross was a thing, which was something that I had kinda gotten down in the first two weeks of keto. Portion sizes were down within the first week, and on the start of the second, it was easier to eat a smaller portion and feel satisfied, not that bloated gross feeling. Food is hella addicting to be honest, and I really was hating finding excuses or ways to justify eating more food. It's something I had done prior, and something I've done before with other "diets" or trying to change a lifestyle. With a flexitarian diet, I would find justifications to go ahead and eat sloppily because I "earned it". Oh, I also went up 7lbs.

All things considered, I'm back to keto starting today. I got to get through the induction period of course, but it'll be worth it. I really like the restrictions of keto- it allows me to break what feels like an addiction to what should just be food. Once I'm back into a keto state, it's back into the gym and hopefully hitting that eventual weight goal of mine! It's only 50lbs, and I'm ready to go with plenty of support (now that I don't have to worry about birthday surprises anymore!)

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
I managed two full weeks on keto, dropped about 14lbs. Was sleeping better, appetite was way down, drinking a lot more water regularly (I carry a 40oz HydroFlask with me) and overall felt pretty good. Been supplementing Magnesium, a Daily Vitamin, Fiber, and Cod Liver Oil. Overall things felt like an improvement and I was happy with the direction I was going in! Birthday week rolled around, and it got spoiled when my friend offered to take me out to lunch, she was concerned with my keto diet and being "too carby" and I told her it probably was but I bent the rules for her cause I love her dearly. And then another friend took me out on my birthday, and a third friend brought me cupcakes and even acknowledged the fact that I cut carbs, but she was being so sweet with balloons and a card and I couldn't say no.

So I basically fell off the wagon for the whole week, and here's my experience: Cravings hit hard. I'm talking like finding excuses to go out to eat. And it was a lot of fast food, like going to get taco bell was an immediate response in my brain of "this feels good, I want more". Eating til I felt gross was a thing, which was something that I had kinda gotten down in the first two weeks of keto. Portion sizes were down within the first week, and on the start of the second, it was easier to eat a smaller portion and feel satisfied, not that bloated gross feeling. Food is hella addicting to be honest, and I really was hating finding excuses or ways to justify eating more food. It's something I had done prior, and something I've done before with other "diets" or trying to change a lifestyle. With a flexitarian diet, I would find justifications to go ahead and eat sloppily because I "earned it". Oh, I also went up 7lbs.

All things considered, I'm back to keto starting today. I got to get through the induction period of course, but it'll be worth it. I really like the restrictions of keto- it allows me to break what feels like an addiction to what should just be food. Once I'm back into a keto state, it's back into the gym and hopefully hitting that eventual weight goal of mine! It's only 50lbs, and I'm ready to go with plenty of support (now that I don't have to worry about birthday surprises anymore!)

Tell me about it. I had one cheat meal (Taco Bell) on Friday. Come Saturday I found any excuse to go out to eat again. Same thing yesterday. Today I'm back on keto. At least I only gained 1 pound from that stint but still sucks.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
I was wondering what kind of supplements people on Keto would recommend or if you guys use the strips to see if you're in ketosis?

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I made some fat bombs - they tasted great but man I'm still feeling slightly nauseous from having just one. They're so rich in coconut oil and butter!

I think I'm at the point where I have to start counting my calories. I'm only 2kg away from my final target - sucks because i hate being obsessive about such things.

I was wondering what kind of supplements people on Keto would recommend or if you guys use the strips to see if you're in ketosis?

Magnesium and some sort of general multivitamin is what I do. Because of the drop in water retention, your magnesium levels drop quite a bit.

hamarr

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Good on you for getting back to it.

Those cravings will go away in time. It took a bit for me. I ended up finding it better to not cheat at all. Sugar/carb addiction was hard to break and I don't want to mess with that again. Now I can walk down the chip aisle and not feel tempted. Chips and pizza were my big things. I haven't had either in a few months now.

My weight loss is a little slower going than I would like, but I feel so much better overall it's worth it.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
So I just finished making some strawberry cheesecake fat bombs - in the freezer now. Anyone have any good fat bombs to share? I find most of them go crazy on the sweetener, I tend to use just a few drops of Stevia and that's enough for me.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Update post I guess. It's been 4 full weeks since switching over to a keto diet, three if you don't count the week I fell off the wagon and ate carbs galore (birthday week, blame me). A simple weigh in, I started at around 258 on April 30th. This morning, fresh out of the shower with no drink or food, I weighed in at 235. Neat. I'm feeling ready to get into the gym. Overall goal is to see 220, maybe even 210 before August and fit into my XL goal shirts.

McMahon

Banned
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
Subscribed. Started this a little over a month ago. Still can't seem to get into Ketosis fully but I'm still trying. Regardless, I've lost close to 20 pounds so far and am feeling better. My blood sugar has been in the normal zone for this whole time so Type 2 Diabetes is in check.

Kost2coast

Oct 27, 2017
I think the most intimidating part of trying to get a foot into Keto, for me, is finding out what kind of meals that I want to make. I've been pretty good at sticking to Intermittent Fasting that I want to get that 1 good meal in with a possible small meal in a 16:8 eating period. IF feels easier to do, but I've had periods where I don't feel fully satisfied with what I eat and ruin my progress from when I work out every day. luckily I'm down 15lbs this month though!

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Fat loss comes down to CICO so I wonder why people willfully do keto. I can't live without carbs and wonder how anyone can make it a lifestyle. Is eliminating most carbs the only way you can personally create a deficit? Sorry if posting here isn't allowed if you don't do keto. Not sure of the rules of these hangouts.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Fat loss comes down to CICO so I wonder why people willfully do keto. I can't live without carbs and wonder how anyone can make it a lifestyle. Is eliminating most carbs the only way you can personally create a deficit? Sorry if posting here isn't allowed if you don't do keto. Not sure of the rules of these hangouts.

The subject title of the thread says it all.... plus you feel amazing with a stabilized blood sugar level.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
The subject title of the thread says it all.... plus you feel amazing with a stabilized blood sugar level.

Sounds like some nice placebo going on as far as feeling amazing. I feel amazing just being in shape and controlling my calories. I don't feel hungry but I've gotten used to IF so being able to eat a whole pizza in a meal makes feeling hungry a non-issue. Glad it works for you.

As far as feeling less hungry, protein is the most satiating macro and if you pick the right carbs, they are actually very filling. A large apple or a baked potato for example are very filling and low calorie.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like some nice placebo going on as far as feeling amazing. I feel amazing just being in shape and controlling my calories. I don't feel hungry but I've gotten used to IF so being able to eat a whole pizza in a meal makes feeling hungry a non-issue. Glad it works for you.

As far as feeling less hungry, protein is the most satiating macro and if you pick the right carbs, they are actually very filling. A large apple or a baked potato for example are very filling and low calorie.

Whatever works for you - this isn't about being absolute with one lifestyle - there's no clear right or wrong provided you're supplying your body with all the right nutrients. As to my general mood - i doubt its a placebo effect - its quite similar to the natural highs you achieve while intermittent fasting.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Whatever works for you - this isn't about being absolute with one lifestyle - there's no clear right or wrong provided you're supplying your body with all the right nutrients. As to my general mood - i doubt its a placebo effect - its quite similar to the natural highs you achieve while intermittent fasting.

I never really feel good from fasting that I've noticed and I've done it for up to 60 hours before. Anyway, I just find it odd that someone can feel amazing because they are forgoing a natural food like fruit. But like I said before, glad it is something you enjoy.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I never really feel good from fasting that I've noticed and I've done it for up to 60 hours before. Anyway, I just find it odd that someone can feel amazing because they are forgoing a natural food like fruit. But like I said before, glad it is something you enjoy.

Regulating your mood through your blood sugar levels isn't new - they've done it with success in schools and prisons to help improve behavior - and you can draw a link between disciplinary action and good diet. As someone who primarily subsisted on carbs, its a pretty nice revelation to suddenly transition into a much happier person. I don't think you need to go full keto to achieve it, but a complete re-evaluation of the macros you consume is a good idea.

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
The feeling of wellbeing is partly from your body using fat for energy and thus having a constant supply of it since it uses what you eat and your own body's fat stores. On a normal diet I always get sleepy in the afternoon or after a meal. On keto that doesn't happen. For me it's much easier to hold a deficit in keto. Also, fat is more satisfying because it takes longer to digest and you keep the feeling full sensation for longer.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Regulating your mood through your blood sugar levels isn't new - they've done it with success in schools and prisons to help improve behavior - and you can draw a link between disciplinary action and good diet. As someone who primarily subsisted on carbs, its a pretty nice revelation to suddenly transition into a much happier person. I don't think you need to go full keto to achieve it, but a complete re-evaluation of the macros you consume is a good idea.

Cool. What works for me is approximately 150 grams of protein and I don't worry about the other macros. I average 50-60% carbs when I look at my food diary for the month. I love snacking on fruit. I need to get more veggies but the fruit and grains ensure I get plenty of fiber.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
The feeling of wellbeing is partly from your body using fat for energy and thus having a constant supply of it since it uses what you eat and your own body's fat stores. On a normal diet I always get sleepy in the afternoon or after a meal. On keto that doesn't happen. For me it's much easier to hold a deficit in keto. Also, fat is more satisfying because it takes longer to digest and you keep the feeling full sensation for longer.

Do you have a source for the fat taking longer to digest? As far as long lasting energy, unless you're running a marathon you won't deplete your glycogen stores.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
This is the biggest difference I've noticed on keto. Pretty much every day, I'd be extremely tired around 2pm or so and need some kind of caffeine to get me through the work day. Sometimes in the morning as well. Ever since I started though, I haven't had that feeling once. I haven't even had caffeine for four weeks despite being a hardcore Mountain Dew/Rockstar drinker beforehand.

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
Do you have a source for the fat taking longer to digest? As far as long lasting energy, unless you're running a marathon you won't deplete your glycogen stores.

I'm not talking about energy for exercise specifically. I mean in general. I don't get sleepy during the day, I have mental clarity that while I can have that in a normal diet it's not on 100% of the time like it is on keto. From what I've read keto is actually not the best for long cardio intensive workouts although it's fine for short workouts like lifting. As far as a definite source of fat taking longer to digest that's all I've seen online in different places but it could be wrong. But again, anecdotal, I feel full for way longer when I eat keto focused meals over regular meals. I try to stick to 120-130 grams of protein which is what I would need for muscle maintenance/gain and keep carbs at 25 grams and the rest is fat. Usually looks like 60-75% fat, 5% carbs and protein the rest.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Hey yooo, protein is king. Good to see you can have that much and stay in ketosis because it is the most important macro for "gains". One reason I'll always diss a medically prescribed version of keto that is low in protein. Sure, you're losing scale weight quickly but a good portion of it is muscle and since muscle only has 600 calories per pound, it is easy to lose that precious tissue especially as you get leaner. Thanks for your explanations guys.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone help me decrypt this "low carb bread"

dmXNbd6.jpg

For 100g of bread you have

Total Carbs 6g
Sugars 1.44g
Dietary Fibers 9g

Ingredients
Wheat Protein
Flour (Soya/Whole Grain Spelt)
Linseeds, Sunflower Seeds, Sesame Seeds,
Coarse Ground Soya
Apple Fiber
Wheat Bran, Whole Grain Spelt
Salt, Malted Barley
Water, Spices, Yeast

Does this sound legit? I haven't seen any other breads with this recipe.

OP
OP
Ziltoidia 9

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone help me decrypt this "low carb bread"

dmXNbd6.jpg

For 100g of bread you have

Total Carbs 6g
Sugars 1.44g
Dietary Fibers 9g

Ingredients
Wheat Protein
Flour (Soya/Whole Grain Spelt)
Linseeds, Sunflower Seeds, Sesame Seeds,
Coarse Ground Soya
Apple Fiber
Wheat Bran, Whole Grain Spelt
Salt, Malted Barley
Water, Spices, Yeast

Does this sound legit? I haven't seen any other breads with this recipe.

Seems a bit suspect. Do you have a scale to see if one slice is 100g? I would count it as 6 total carbs, they seem to not include the fiber in the total.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Seems a bit suspect. Do you have a scale to see if one slice is 100g? I would count it as 6 total carbs, they seem to not include the fiber in the total.

The whole bag is 300g -> I forgot exactly but theres roughly 12 slices of bread. Would average out to 1.5g of net carbs (assuming thats what the labels mean) per slice.

I found a french bread that's pretty much the same thing - https://fr.openfoodfacts.org/produit/2030500294911/pain-energus

OP
OP
Ziltoidia 9

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
The whole bag is 300g -> I forgot exactly but theres roughly 12 slices of bread. Would average out to 1.5g of net carbs (assuming thats what the labels mean) per slice.

I found a french bread that's pretty much the same thing - https://fr.openfoodfacts.org/produit/2030500294911/pain-energus

Well just eat a few pieces and if it makes you feel funny (assuming you have been in Keto a while, you will notice a change in how you feel if you have too many carbs. If that happens then I guess it is marked wrong.

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Any suggestions for breakfast and lunch items I can prep and eat for a while? I'm basically making my lunch the night before/morning of and its not working out for a lazy asshole like myself. I don't eat cheese or avocado fyi.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
I've lost about thirty pounds through Keto-in' alone. 261 or 258ish down to a 229/228 this week. Calories have been between 1,600-2,000 a day. Carbs around 20g a day, although I have gone higher and haven't been kicked out of Ketosis.

I'm down an entire shirt size, my friends tell me my face is slimming, but I want more and I'm not entirely happy with what I see in the mirror yet. I really need to quit being lazy and get in the gym.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
Incredible progress. Keep at it!

If you start working out don't be discouraged when your weight loss rate slows down because you will be putting on muscles instead and improve your body composition.

Any suggestions for breakfast and lunch items I can prep and eat for a while? I'm basically making my lunch the night before/morning of and its not working out for a lazy asshole like myself. I don't eat cheese or avocado fyi.

Check out breakfast muffins. It's basically egg and whatever else you mix in like bacon, sausages, cheese, vegetables. You can make a batch of them in a muffin tin form and they keep for several days.

Here an example. https://cavemanketo.com/bacon-breakfast-muffins/

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
So I stopped keto about a week ago. I'm going to maintain my weight or lose some more weight by calorie deficit. One thing I have noticed is that eating smaller portions has become easier as in staying satisfied and not being hungry. I'm not sure if that's a leftover from doing keto where my portions would be small since the meals were so filling but it's been great. Portion control has always been my main issue and right now it seems great to be able to eat whatever and stay where I want to be.

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
Started keto yesterday. I had been doing a fairly vigorous workout routine to bulk previously and now I'm trying to cut. I have to admit it's really amusing me how the portions are so small yet I feel so full. Friends already starting to think I'm crazy with what I'm eating.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Yo-ho, broke keto over the weekend intentionally. Across 6 beers, fries, a burger so packed it should've been illegal and a triple scoop ice cream cone... I felt godawful. Like wow, I wasn't expecting a return to carbs to be that bad. Bloated so bad it woke me up, seeing "fireflies" blink in and out of existence and a general unwell feeling. I should have eased into it as I knew the weekend was coming far in advance, but I thought it was going to be okay. A 24 hour fast the next day and I'm back into a keto diet plan!

Here's a side-by-side progress pic. Two months right there, although the first pic was taken in November- I didn't change much in between then and May when I started. Right picture was taken last Friday. Friends have not stopped commenting on me, it's almost daily thing. In fact, I'm so not used to compliments about my appearance or weight that it almost feels patronizing.

¡Vamos Mexico!

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
So I stopped keto about a week ago. I'm going to maintain my weight or lose some more weight by calorie deficit. One thing I have noticed is that eating smaller portions has become easier as in staying satisfied and not being hungry. I'm not sure if that's a leftover from doing keto where my portions would be small since the meals were so filling but it's been great. Portion control has always been my main issue and right now it seems great to be able to eat whatever and stay where I want to be.

Hows your transition out of keto going?

Yo-ho, broke keto over the weekend intentionally. Across 6 beers, fries, a burger so packed it should've been illegal and a triple scoop ice cream cone... I felt godawful. Like wow, I wasn't expecting a return to carbs to be that bad. Bloated so bad it woke me up, seeing "fireflies" blink in and out of existence and a general unwell feeling. I should have eased into it as I knew the weekend was coming far in advance, but I thought it was going to be okay. A 24 hour fast the next day and I'm back into a keto diet plan!

Here's a side-by-side progress pic. Two months right there, although the first pic was taken in November- I didn't change much in between then and May when I started. Right picture was taken last Friday. Friends have not stopped commenting on me, it's almost daily thing. In fact, I'm so not used to compliments about my appearance or weight that it almost feels patronizing.

¡Vamos Mexico!

Yea, between beers and the burgers thats carb seppuku. Congrats on your progress! I'm at a point where I don't want to lose any more weight, but dropping my body fat percentage would be nice.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
So I did some bloodwork today - not happy with my results
Triglycerides are at 233
HDL at 32
LDL at 160
Total cholesterol at 240

My tri is shockingly high, and its a bit confusing...I'm at 65kg and my bodyfat is somewhere in the 10-15% region. I'm wondering if I accidentally nuked my results (I had a bulletproof tea the night before going to bed). Do these numbers add up?

OP
OP
Ziltoidia 9

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
So I did some bloodwork today - not happy with my results
Triglycerides are at 233
HDL at 32
LDL at 160
Total cholesterol at 240

My tri is shockingly high, and its a bit confusing...I'm at 65kg and my bodyfat is somewhere in the 10-15% region. I'm wondering if I accidentally nuked my results (I had a bulletproof tea the night before going to bed). Do these numbers add up?

How long have you been keto? When I wasn't, mine were like in 350 zone, and now they are like 90 or some shit, after about 6 months on it and again this year there were basically 90 again. I've been on it for about 16 months now.

I'm more protein focused though, I don't do much fat.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
How long have you been keto? When I wasn't, mine were like in 350 zone, and now they are like 90 or some shit, after about 6 months on it and again this year there were basically 90 again. I've been on it for about 16 months now.

I'm more protein focused though, I don't do much fat.

2 months? initially i was at 70kg and around ~20% BF. I don't have results to compare with from before :/

OP
OP
Ziltoidia 9

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
2 months? initially i was at 70kg and around ~20% BF. I don't have results to compare with from before :/

Ah. well i don't know much about Triglycerides. Is it possible for some people it just to be higher?

Either way just keep doing it, it always takes time. I'm 14 months in and only halfway through where I wanted to be. Things slow down, but im still doing it. My starting weight was also way more than yours.

At least I've been maintaining the current weight. Ironically its the same weight that was my lowest since I was like, 16 (31 now).

Sorry, this post went from a response to you to a generic update on myself.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Hmm, 70 kilos or 154 pounds, not sure you need to keto to lose weight since it doesn't seem like you have a major problem with overeating. Of course, that depends, maybe you're a short girl.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Ah. well i don't know much about Triglycerides. Is it possible for some people it just to be higher?

Sorry, this post went from a response to you to a generic update on myself.

That's alright - the triglycerides are an indicator of how much fat is in your blood. You definitely want those numbers to stay low to minimize any complications. It's just a very bizarre number to see (tri should be in the < 100 range for a healthy person)

Hmm, 70 kilos or 154 pounds, not sure you need to keto to lose weight since it doesn't seem like you have a major problem with overeating. Of course, that depends, maybe you're a short girl.

I don't really - it was more experimental and there were some nice side effects (no inflammation from gluten/sugar, and my energy and mood levels were much better).

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
KetoERA, ya guy having problems I've never had before. So, I'm at 221 (SW: 261) at my lowest weigh in so far. It's fluctuating, this morning was 223. I'm trying to not focus on the scale so much as I am actual body changes- but a part of me is screaming to see my goal of 200lbs. That number is kinda killing me. It's an every morning thing, and if it is ever an upward fluctuation, I check multiple times before starting my morning routine.

But that's not the worst part. I don't see myself losing weight. I look in the mirror, I still see 261lb me. I'm wearing slim fit jeans for the first time in my life, all I can focus on is the fact I still have a belly. I've taken shirtless profile comparisons to where I start, and sure! My stomach is smaller, but it's not flat. It still sticks out. It's still "big". I'm down a shirtsize, but I still feel like my shirts are too big. My friends constantly tell me how proud of me they are, how good I look, how impressed they are of my self control when we go out- and I can smile and thank them, but inside I still feel beyond fat.

This is the lowest weight I've been in over a decade. 10+ freaking years. My gut is smaller, my cheeks aren't as fat, my legs have slimmed, I can hold my weight better. And I should be happy, and there are occasional moments where I feel like I'm looking good! But a lot of the time, I still feel stuck in the body i've lived in for so long. Is this a downside of dropping so much so fast? 40ish lbs in two and a half months is no joke, but this new mental strain is taking its toll.

I just want this part to be over.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
I don't really - it was more experimental and there were some nice side effects (no inflammation from gluten/sugar, and my energy and mood levels were much better).

Can you explain the inflammation? Sounds like a buzzword. It's weird to me that people feel more energy from fat than with glycogen that is stored directly in the muscles working.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
KetoERA, ya guy having problems I've never had before. So, I'm at 221 (SW: 261) at my lowest weigh in so far. It's fluctuating, this morning was 223. I'm trying to not focus on the scale so much as I am actual body changes- but a part of me is screaming to see my goal of 200lbs. That number is kinda killing me. It's an every morning thing, and if it is ever an upward fluctuation, I check multiple times before starting my morning routine.

But that's not the worst part. I don't see myself losing weight. I look in the mirror, I still see 261lb me. I'm wearing slim fit jeans for the first time in my life, all I can focus on is the fact I still have a belly. I've taken shirtless profile comparisons to where I start, and sure! My stomach is smaller, but it's not flat. It still sticks out. It's still "big". I'm down a shirtsize, but I still feel like my shirts are too big. My friends constantly tell me how proud of me they are, how good I look, how impressed they are of my self control when we go out- and I can smile and thank them, but inside I still feel beyond fat.

This is the lowest weight I've been in over a decade. 10+ freaking years. My gut is smaller, my cheeks aren't as fat, my legs have slimmed, I can hold my weight better. And I should be happy, and there are occasional moments where I feel like I'm looking good! But a lot of the time, I still feel stuck in the body i've lived in for so long. Is this a downside of dropping so much so fast? 40ish lbs in two and a half months is no joke, but this new mental strain is taking its toll.

I just want this part to be over.

That is totally normal. I get that feeling when I cut, I look in the mirror and the fat is just looser, sure I can wear size 30 jeans now but I am in the in-between spot where muscles aren't as full due to low calories so I look smaller everywhere, not just where it counts. I always look better after a carb up. I get many compliments but suffer from skinny fat syndrome in my head, lol. I don't do keto but trust me, it happens to all dieters.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Can you explain the inflammation? Sounds like a buzzword. It's weird to me that people feel more energy from fat than with glycogen that is stored directly in the muscles working.

Sure - my digestion was running much better, far less flatulence throughout the day, and no stomach weirdness. I also would wake up and start my day with zero morning grogginess. Lastly, I was in a far better general mood. I went from silent grumpy mornings to car karaoke every day to work. Maybe I had an intolerance to something prior (gluten) - I'm off Keto now, but I've taken some lessons along the way.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Ah, celiac? That sucks. Weird that you quit when it made your energy and mood much better.