• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/bp084n/hi_reddit_im_kevin_feige_amaa/

Compiled everything he answered, but these are the highlights:

On Stan Lee's final cameo and if he saw the movie:
"Stan loved to wait to see the final movie at the premiere, so unfortunately he did not get to see the finished movie. Stan got a download of the full story the day he came and shot his cameo."

How far is the MCU planned out in advance?
"We usually work with a specific 5 year plan at any given point but often have a general plan that extends much, much further."

About unfilmable storylines:
"Everything is filmable nowadays. It's about finding the most resonant character stories to bring to the big screen."

On if they plan on implementing more about the Ten Rings or the real Mandarin:
"Yes"

Who hasn't been introduced in the MCU that he's itching to introduce:
"You'll know soon enough."

Favorite character that isn't in the MCU yet:
"I never play favorites, but there are many Marvel characters that I've loved for many years that are heading to the MCU soon, but I can't be more specific than that. Sorry!"

When they began planning Infinity War and Endgame to adapt The Infinity Gauntlet:
"We started discussing how to adapt the Infinity Gauntlet comic soon after the release of the first Avengers. It was on one of our creative retreats about 5 years ago that we decided to do it as two films. We started to crack the specifics of the story during production on Civil War with Chris Markus and Stephen McFeely, Joe and Anthony Russo, in a conference room as we went back and forth between takes."

The future of the Hulk:
"Many years ago, Mark came in for a meeting with us at Marvel Studios to discuss ways in which the Hulk could grow and evolve in upcoming films. He pitched a lot of cool ideas, some of which led to what you saw in Thor: Ragnarok, Infinity War and Endgame, and some of which would still be cool to see someday."

Oct 31, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/bp084n/hi_reddit_im_kevin_feige_amaa/

Compiled everything he answered, but these are the highlights:

On Stan Lee's final cameo and if he saw the movie:
"Stan loved to wait to see the final movie at the premiere, so unfortunately he did not get to see the finished movie. Stan got a download of the full story the day he came and shot his cameo."

How far is the MCU planned out in advance?
"We usually work with a specific 5 year plan at any given point but often have a general plan that extends much, much further."

"Everything is filmable nowadays. It's about finding the most resonant character stories to bring to the big screen."

On if they plan on implementing more about the Ten Rings or the real Mandarin:
"Yes"

Who hasn't been introduced in the MCU that he's itching to introduce:
"You'll know soon enough."

Favorite character that isn't in the MCU yet:
"I never play favorites, but there are many Marvel characters that I've loved for many years that are heading to the MCU soon, but I can't be more specific than that. Sorry!"

When they began planning Infinity War and Endgame to adapt The Infinity Gauntlet:
"We started discussing how to adapt the Infinity Gauntlet comic soon after the release of the first Avengers. It was on one of our creative retreats about 5 years ago that we decided to do it as two films. We started to crack the specifics of the story during production on Civil War with Chris Markus and Stephen McFeely, Joe and Anthony Russo, in a conference room as we went back and forth between takes."

The future of the Hulk:
"Many years ago, Mark came in for a meeting with us at Marvel Studios to discuss ways in which the Hulk could grow and evolve in upcoming films. He pitched a lot of cool ideas, some of which led to what you saw in Thor: Ragnarok, Infinity War and Endgame, and some of which would still be cool to see someday."

World Breaker Hulk please.

Mandarin bit is interesting. It's either Shang Chi or

Endgame spoiler
Morgan Stark

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

I get the point he's making but I can think of several Marvel storylines that are basically unfilmable and not because they lack resonant character stories lol

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The fact he confirmed Martin Starr's forgettable Incredible Hulk character is the same person as his teacher character in the Spider-Man movies is immensely satisfying in a very stupid way.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't expect the Mandarin to still be a thing I could expect, that sounds cool

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I get the point he's making but I can think of several Marvel storylines that are basically unfilmable and not because they lack resonant character stories lol

Nope. Everything can work. You need to adapt it to film but the reason why the MCU works is because Feige and crew have embraced the source material.

The Clone Saga can be done in the MCU and done well. 100%.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Nope. Everything can work. You need to adapt it to film but the reason why the MCU works is because Feige and crew have embraced the source material.

Like, there is 0 doubt in my mind we WILL one day see animated movies that are part of the MCU.

Spider-Verse showed us how fucking nuts they can get with animation nowadays, everyting is possible as long as the chracters and heart is there.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

So we'll see Carol Danvers giving birth to her own rapist? We all know those cape storylines that won't work because they're just offensively bad, if not outright repulsive. That's what I mean by unfilmable.

Oct 25, 2017
The single juiciest answer of the AMA was the one where he confirms that he does have future plans for the 10 rings and the real Mandarin which was revealed in one of the old one shots.
But obviously no Stark anymore so that's an interesting wrinkle in whatever that story becomes.

Makes you wonder if him saying he loves to bring back characters people think they've seen the last of like General Ross and Harley Keener might mean more than the obvious.
Harley is about 21 years old now after the time jump assuming he didnt get snapped

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine if the Hulk were the big bad of the next gen of movies. Maestro time.

brochiller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He also said Disney+ shows will definitely tie in with movies.

Also said that in their mind Steve was always worth and didn't pick up the Hammer in AoU because he was being polite.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ever watch the All Hail the King One-Shot? "Real Mandarin" has been known for a while actually.

I have, I just thought it was more damage control than anything else due to Iron Man being done with his trilogy. Like, it'd be a super slim possibility of the real deal making an appearance.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Imagine if the Hulk were the big bad of the next gen of movies. Maestro time.

Immortal Hulk incarnation is so good in the comics right now, and he is almost a bad guy!

There as full issue where the Avengers take him down, and he is cut to pieces and stored in a lab!

703242._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Carol is not giving birth to her rapist.
It cannot work.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"I will say my entire MCU career was building up to that 'on your left' moment in Endgame."

I felt it

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Immortal Hulk incarnation is so good in the comics right now, and he is almost a bad guy!

There as full issue where the Avengers take him down, and he is cut to pieces and stored in a lab!

I'm a huge MCU fan, and even I'll say that the stuff they're doing in Immortal Hulk is too complex and too weird for the MCU. If we never got Demon in a Bottle proper, then we will never get a story where Hulk goes to literal Hell.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd take Mandarin as a Doctor Strange villain. Or please let
Morgan Stark
take the Iron Man mantle in a few years

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Ha, I JUST finished reading the issue after this where he gets out of said situation (it's the current issue on MU this week). And it was so nuts.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't there a rumour that the Mandarin was going to be the antagonist of Shang-Chi ?

Heroicpiglet

Avenger
Dec 22, 2017
He says everything can be filmed, just need to find the things resonated with people. I dont think Carol birthed her rapist storyline will resonating with people...

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Ha, I JUST finished reading the issue after this where he gets out of said situation (it's the current issue on MU this week). And it was so nuts.

It's so fucking good.

I ALMOST shared that incredibly gross and amazing shot from the following issue, but it is such a great scene don't want to spoil it!

I'm a huge MCU fan, and even I'll say that the stuff they're doing in Immortal Hulk is too complex and too weird for the MCU. If we never got Demon in a Bottle proper, then we will never get a story where Hulk goes to literal Hell.

Of course! I think they can crib from the tone and more mythical monster nature of the Hulk from the comic, maybe omit less palatable big green door/literal Hell stuff.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He also said Disney+ shows will definitely tie in with movies.

Also said that in their mind Steve was always worth and didn't pick up the Hammer in AoU because he was being polite.
I always thought that was clear. It doesn't make sense to be "sorta almost worthy," the magic would surely be a binary thing. You can move it or you can't.