ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
https://www.slashfilm.com/kevin-feige-interview-ant-man-and-the-wasp/

Well, I think having the option is pretty amazing. And I think having the technology and even without spoiling anything, Sam Jackson is shooting a movie for us right now that takes, where he's entirely 25 years younger the whole movie [Captain Marvel]. So that'll certainly be the one–

And Coulson, right?

And Coulson. So that'll be the first one where it's a character for the whole movie, as opposed to a glimpse at a certain period of time. It's the whole movie. So it's possible, assuming that works. It's possible. It's very good when you are starting by the way with somebody like Michelle Pfeiffer or Michael Douglas or for that matter Sam Jackson or Clark Gregg. All four of them–

Because you have an abundance of reference material or…?

You have all the reference material and they have aged amazingly. They've not aged like normal humans. It's like Paul Rudd. These are–

Paul Rudd looks like he stepped out of Clueless. I don't understand it.

Yeah. He somehow can do that effect in real life.

The effect keeps getting better the more they do it (and it probably gets cheaper too), so I have no problem with this.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Their de-aging tech has been pretty outstanding so far. Curious to see how it is for a complete run. I fear for the Rogue One effect though.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I love how well all this (Ant-Man 1 & 2, CM, pre serum Steve Rogers, TWS Peggy) fleshes out the MCU history.

You really get a sense that Iron Man was just the audience jumping on point.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
This just makes me think that they won't have much screen time.

They're not wrong about Paul Rudd.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing we live in a world where we can use super-computers to de-age someone by 20 years on film, but still can't reliably crop out a mustache.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
mhm.. so we've come full circle with Coulson? Movies -> TV -> Movies?

not sure if we'll seem him back on TV...

Oct 27, 2017
Their de-aging tech has been pretty outstanding so far. Curious to see how it is for a complete run. I fear for the Rogue One effect though.
As long as they look similar now, as both of them do, it'll be okay. With Carrie Fisher should looked vastly different from how she looked at 19

Only time I thought the de-aging affect looked bad was young Tony in Civil War.

Look at this thumbnail and those dead wax eyes.

Those are eyes that are almost tearing up. Also I don't think the eyes are one of the digital effects

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
Only time I thought the de-aging affect looked bad was young Tony in Civil War.

Look at this thumbnail and those dead wax eyes.

Not sure what you're getting at here. Tony did a couple of those dead eye stares throughout the movies before. Maybe you only think it looks weirder here because of the younger looking face and no beard?

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Really hoping this wildly contradicts Agents of SHIELD a whole bunch just like Homecoming stepped all over it, just for the reactions on here.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Christ, please no. The Ant-Man and the Wasp's effects on Pfeiffer and Douglas were the best of their kind and they still looked incredibly uncanny and phony. An entire film populated with characters who are digitally de-aged sounds like a total nightmare.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to see him look like he did in Pulp Fiction again.
Coming to America!
samuel-l-jackson-comi92sgj.jpg

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why? Just hire younger actors. You can do a lot of with make up. The last MiB, Looper etc.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I bet Fury will still be bald. You're not ready for this, though

tumblr_ncmzfwbtJe1rm4wu8o1_500.jpg