• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Hear me out. Why not just have a different adult Spider-Man in the Venomverse? Surely we are at a point where the general audience wont be confused by 2 live action spider-men with Spider-Verse being more mainstream.

NewDonkStrong

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Venom was bad-dumb, except for Hardy's glorious performance, but...

images

GIVE ME CLASSIC BLACK SUIT SPIDEY ALREADY YOU FUCKS

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
It's up to Sony because the contract with Marvel is up in the air now.

The original deal was for them to share Spidey with Marvel for 5 movies, you had Civil War, Avengers, Homecoming, Endgame, and now Far From Home, so they have to either decide to renew the contract or what they want to do (hence why they say it's up to Sony).

Sony can choose not to renew the contract and they are free to use Spiderman however they see fit, with Venom, whatever. However WITH the contract (at least the one they had) Marvel were the ones who had the creative control, they got to pick the cast, director, basically shape the story they wanted told with Spiderman.

This was a win win for both sides, Sony got good Spiderman movies out of it, they even got to keep 100% of the profits from the stand alone Spiderman movies. Marvel on the other hand got to use arguably one of the most famous superheros in the MCU and they got all the money from the merchandise (even if Sony doesn't renew the contract Marvel has these rights, Sony doesn't 'see a dime from any of the toys/shirts or anything).

We don't know yet if Sony is renewing it or what, but they'd be stupid to just wall him back off into Sony's movies and keep him out of the MCU and things.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On Era? It's a comic book super hero movie that isn't part of the MCU.

Pretty much it's a game of pretending that Venom wasn't loved by audiences and made a ton of money because it's off kilter existence threatens the MCU status quo. Venom was a blast even when it was bad; hell the corny bits were a key part of its appeal.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Venom was bad-dumb, except for Hardy's glorious performance, but...

images

GIVE ME CLASSIC BLACK SUIT SPIDEY ALREADY YOU FUCKS
Think bigger. Think Spidey and Venom up against Carnage. It'd be glorious.

Post credit scene is Parker applying to the Bugle. Bam, it's JJ(yes, JK again because why not).

"Hey Brock, go teach this kid the ropes."

Boom, Tom Hardy walks on screen, roll credits.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
Holland literally improvised his entire last scene in Infinity War on the spot, and some of y'all think he isn't going to tear up the screen in a buddy comedy style film with Tom Hardy? Y'all are tripping.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, some people here are such haters of sony super hero movies (except for spiderman 2 for some reason). I liked both homecoming and Venom. Could be great. Maybe they could do it as a spiderverse thing where he changes dimension. Heck bring andrew garfield and tobey maguire back too and have all 4 fight some kind of insane dimensional villain.

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
With how they treated Venom and Brock in the latest movie the only way I see this working is as a co-op against Carnage.

spidermanvenom.gif

Or they'd need a really good writer to create a convincing heel turn after that heroic Venom movie.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
This is amazing news because it means we have a new front runner in the argument or worst mcu film, venom!

Hardy is great in it and I love his take on the personality divide but the movie was worse than Thor 2 for me.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Feige sounds like a tired parent of a misbehaving child.

"They can do what they want. If they want to stick a crayon up their nose, so be it. I'm done man."

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
It's up to Sony because the contract with Marvel is up in the air now.

The original deal was for them to share Spidey with Marvel for 5 movies, you had Civil War, Avengers, Homecoming, Endgame, and now Far From Home, so they have to either decide to renew the contract or what they want to do (hence why they say it's up to Sony).

Sony can choose not to renew the contract and they are free to use Spiderman however they see fit, with Venom, whatever. However WITH the contract (at least the one they had) Marvel were the ones who had the creative control, they got to pick the cast, director, basically shape the story they wanted told with Spiderman.

This was a win win for both sides, Sony got good Spiderman movies out of it, they even got to keep 100% of the profits from the stand alone Spiderman movies. Marvel on the other hand got to use arguably one of the most famous superheros in the MCU and they got all the money from the merchandise (even if Sony doesn't renew the contract Marvel has these rights, Sony doesn't 'see a dime from any of the toys/shirts or anything).

We don't know yet if Sony is renewing it or what, but they'd be stupid to just wall him back off into Sony's movies and keep him out of the MCU and things.

This is not true.

The 5 movies thing was started by CosmicBookNews (who has since deleted their video because Pascal and Holland debunked it).

Holland's contract is with Marvel for 6 movies. Not 5. He has a third solo Spider-Man movie (and people will be wildly speculating about its plot in a couple of weeks).

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Sony makes their movies, they fully fund them, and they get all the proffits. They can do with them what they want.

Cooperation with Marvel is cherry on top, it boosted both Sony and Disney movies.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why people thought it was so necessary to change the subject line. If it's up to Sony, then it's going to happen. Sony wanted to make a Morbius movie and a Sinister Six cinematic universe......of course they are going to do Venom v. Spidey.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I don't know why people thought it was so necessary to change the subject line. If it's up to Sony, then it's going to happen. Sony wanted to make a Morbius movie and a Sinister Six cinematic universe......of course they are going to do Venom v. Spidey.

The original subject line had a FAKE QUOTE Feige never said. It said something like "Tom Holland's Spider-Man WILL Meet Tom Hardy's Venom". In quotes. Feige never said that at all.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly clickbait aside and Feige probably not bothering without the connection there's no real excitement for me to have Venom and Peter to team there's no real point

He can team up with any superhero and it'll be fine with a better writer and director it'll be better than the movie

But Peter what's the point

And yeah of course they could do the team up Feige probably has little choice

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The original subject line had a FAKE QUOTE Feige never said. It said something like "Tom Holland's Spider-Man WILL Meet Tom Hardy's Venom". In quotes. Feige never said that at all.
Okay, there was one header before the current one that just included the "Seems likely" bit, that seemed tame enough.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Sony needs to stay as far away from the MCU as possible.

Also, doing this would retcon Venom as MCU canon, which is laughable.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Can you really do Spidey vs Venom, though? Brock is a good guy. The only way this would really work is if, like, Norman Osborn got some of the symbiote data from that lab in the first movie and used it to create his own symbiote and Spidey mistakes that one for Venom.

Definitely can't see Brock teaming up with five other bad guys to take Spidey out, either. He's more likely to side with Spidey against the Sinister Six.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
It writes itself. There's a misunderstanding, Spidey and Venom fight for half the movie, Carnage emerges and they reluctantly team up to fight him. It's the easiest movie Sony will ever make.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tom Hardy as Bane - masked villain in critically well received superhero movie: almost ruins it

Tom Hardy as Venom - masked villain in critically meh superhero movie- almost single handedly saves it.

HOqEyqY.jpg

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am not as skeptical as some people. If it does happen, I will watch and judge then. I thought Venom was decent so there is that.
Yeah, Venom was fine. It wasn't spectacular, but it wasn't awful either like some of the hyperbole here would lead some to believe. It was a solid 6/10 for me. Maybe originally I liked it a bit less, but I rewatched it recently and came around to it a little more. If it was in the MCU, I'd still rank it in the lower third or so, but it was fine.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
This is not true.

The 5 movies thing was started by CosmicBookNews (who has since deleted their video because Pascal and Holland debunked it).

Holland's contract is with Marvel for 6 movies. Not 5. He has a third solo Spider-Man movie (and people will be wildly speculating about its plot in a couple of weeks).

Lot of mixed messages around the contract so I wouldn't be sure about that. Sony is financing the solo Spider-Man movies so I would be shocked if he is somehow signed with marvel for those movies as well. He could be signed with marvel for the shared stuff like civil war and avengers stuff.

Couple of articles mentioning far from home is the last of the contract as well so we do not know if it was extended(most likely) or not.

"The current, complicated deal that was struck between Marvel, Sony, and Disney (which owns Marvel) is at present only for Spider-Man: Homecoming, its sequel, Civil War, and the two Avengers movies. If all goes well, they'll come back to the table and renegotiate to keep this going. Or it's possible that Sony says "we'll take it from here" and Peter Parker disappears from the MCU altogether."

Plus we have the guy working on kraven script saying he is writing with Spider-Man in mind.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Lot of mixed messages around the contract so I wouldn't be sure about that. Sony is financing the solo Spider-Man movies so I would be shocked if he is somehow signed with marvel for those movies as well. He could be signed with marvel for the shared stuff like civil war and avengers stuff.

Couple of articles mentioning far from home is the last of the contract as well so we do not know if it was extended(most likely) or not.

"The current, complicated deal that was struck between Marvel, Sony, and Disney (which owns Marvel) is at present only for Spider-Man: Homecoming, its sequel, Civil War, and the two Avengers movies. If all goes well, they'll come back to the table and renegotiate to keep this going. Or it's possible that Sony says "we'll take it from here" and Peter Parker disappears from the MCU altogether."

Plus we have the guy working on kraven script saying he is writing with Spider-Man in mind.

I believe the guy who signed the contract more than speculation from websites.

Holland says he signed for six movies. No reason to doubt him since he's the guy who signed it.

Also, people might want to watch the second Spider-Man movie before making declarations about what is or is not happening with the third.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
I believe the guy who signed the contract more than speculation from websites.

Holland says he signed for six movies. No reason to doubt him since he's the guy who signed it.

Also, people might want to watch the second Spider-Man movie before making declarations about what is or is not happening with the third.
So Amy pascal saying the partnership may not continue after the sequel doesn't count lol. Like I said it most likely has been extended because that would be the smart thing to do and Tom Holland is probably just avoiding complications by saying he is signed for six films. He is not going to spell out the contract saying he is signed for three films with marvel and three with Sony and he can't act in Sony stand-alone spin-off during a certain period etc... the fact is we don't know. I am sure the sequel sets up things nicely for a third movie and continues the partnership.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
So Amy pascal saying the partnership may not continue after the sequel doesn't count lol. Like I said it most likely has been extended because that would be the smart thing to do and Tom Holland is probably just avoiding complications by saying he is signed for six films. He is not going to spell out the contract saying he is signed for three films with marvel and three with Sony and he can't act in Sony stand-alone spin-off during a certain period etc... the fact is we don't know. I am sure the sequel sets up things nicely for a third movie and continues the partnership.

We do know because Holland told The Hollywood Reporter that his contract with Marvel was for six films. And we also know because the director of Venom said there were legal issues with including Spider-Man in the movie.

Pascal misspeaks all the time. Remember when she said Venom was in the MCU right next to Feige? That's a fucking meme now.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
It wouldn't be too far off base to say that most things Amy Pascal has said doesn't count or was potentially inaccurate, since she thought the Venom movie was in the MCU originally.