• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As with a lot of media today, it's not that I won't spend the money, it's that I don't have the time.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's ok Feige, these stories are not captivating or interesting enough, I just watch the event movies for the spectacle and forget them on the way out.

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm not a fan when films don't stand on their own and require external content to be considered good...

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Somehow I think the people who are OK not watching the D+ shows are going to be OK not picking up on whatever callbacks the movies include.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
Wait, why are some here acting surprised? I thought we knew this would be the case from the minute they announced those TV shows for movie characters.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
fuck directly off.

give me a completely self contained black panther 2 while i ignore Literally everything else you put out.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
I do think this early interconnectedness will be over stated by Feige and co to be a selling point of D+.

You'll be okay going into the films with an auxiliary understanding of the show. "Oh Falcon has a bit of experience as Captain and has bonded with Bucky despite their prior misgivings." Or "Wanda dealt with some personal trauma relating to Vision and has really come into her own". And even then I'm sure the films will supply the context on their own.

I seriously doubt, especially this first wave of shows, will be essential threadlines for the films.

It's not as if you're going to get something like oh I don't know, that mutants will be introduced in Hawkeye and then the X-Men film drops picking up on an established team and development from the show.

I could be proven wrong but I doubt it. This shows will be stepping stones and cursory content rather than massively important pieces of continuity - if only this initial wave.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Think we are at the point where anything Marvel causes people to just lose their minds. Just seems disingenuous because there are plenty of people who saw IW or Endgame who don't care about BP, Ant Man or Captain Marvel and I'm sure they didn't have a problem at all. I don't think anyone is gonna be completely lost at all.

Clearly anyone who brings up Art, Cinema, or Martin had no interest to watch these show. If you're a big fan you'll catch the series like I will if not then just watch the movies, some people only watch Avengers films 🤷🏾‍♂️

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
For some reason I though they weren't going to attempt another Infinity War/Endgame again. This is going to be really annoying. Especially when we don't know if these TV shows are even going to be good. They're can't apply the same safe formula to episodes.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Man selling a thing hypes that thing. News at 11

I promise you can watch Black Panther two and understand completely without watching wandavision.

calm down

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I'm good thanks. I saw Infinity War and End Game without watching every single MCU film prior to them and I was fine. This was always the worst thing about phase 1 films, they often felt like advertisements for the big team up film. They got better at it in later films. Viewers won't get every single reference or character arc but that's okay for me. I'm there for the spectacle and the stories of the characters I do care about. The rest are filler most of the time.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm good thanks. I saw Infinity War and End Game without watching every single MCU film prior to them and I was fine. This was always the worst thing about phase 1 films, they often felt like advertisements for the big team up film. They got better at it in later films. Viewers won't get every single reference or character arc but that's okay for me. I'm there for the spectacle and the stories of the characters I do care about. The rest are filler most of the time.
And that's the exact same thing that the shows are. I am amazed that people are playing so dumb with what he is saying.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
What do you want the guy to say? They will all be inconsequential and meaningless? That they won't further develop the characters? If that was the case you complainers will just be laughing at the fact the shows lacking any form of depth.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
i really hope they come out with a GaaS and say, "gotta pay for the content to see how it all connects". Y'all know it's coming.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
And that's the exact same thing that the shows are. I am amazed that people are playing so dumb with what he is saying.
I know. I'm just saying that's okay for me. I can live without knowing every single thing in the team up movies - even if ultimately it's to their own detriment.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
It's not as if the movies are particularly deep or hard to understand. You'll be fine, worst case scenario they might accidentally create a bit of mystery and accidentally make the movies more interesting.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know. I'm just saying that's okay for me. I can live without knowing every single thing in the team up movies - even if ultimately it's to their own detriment.
Oh I know, I am just saying people are acting like this is some big different thing to what they have already been doing. Marvel threads make people go bonkers.

Oct 25, 2017
The funny shit is when these shows pop off and start dominating the news, you're all gonna watch them anyway because you won't wanna be left out of the conversation.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
The funny shit is when these shows pop off and start dominating the news, you're all gonna watch them anyway because you won't wanna be left out of the conversation.
What conversation is there to be had about Marvel stuff? Every IRL convo I have had always is this:

Person 1: Did you see Endgame?
Me: Yeah, it was alright.
Person 1: Yeah.

I have never ever ever had or even heard long convos or about the MCU. I even go to boardgame bars and shit and it's actually not that common. For all the money they make, they don't inspire much conversation outside of like nerd places.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Man if they're going to do it this comic-style I hope they have good separate arcs you can hop into like the comics and hope out of.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
lol watch ten hours of content to make sure you understand a two second reference and/or a plot point they'll explain regardless in Dr. Strange 2.

okay Feige

Oct 25, 2017
What conversation is there to be had about Marvel stuff? Every IRL convo I have had always is this:

Person 1: Did you see Endgame?
Me: Yeah, it was alright.
Person 1: Yeah.

I have never ever ever had or even heard long convos or about the MCU. I even go to boardgame bars and shit and it's actually not that common. For all the money they make, they don't inspire much conversation outside of like nerd places.
What does your circle of friends being boring have to do with what I said?

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
What does your circle of friends being boring have to do with what I said?
We talk about other things. It doesn't seem valuable to discuss whatever the MCU is. Like, what is there to actually discuss about the MCU? Shit gets blown up, folks get power ups, maybe a twist reveal or whatever. It's like talking about the Transformers movies in depth with people. There's nothing there to sustain a conversation outside of "I don't like MCU" versus "I like MCU" arguments. Like, even on Era, what drives the MCU threads is the divide between MCU lovers and haters. The average person doesn't seem to really care which is why the MCU community thread is big but outside of that, it is sustained by the same argument.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not really. At most, bulllet points before the movie starts if I have to.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
How are people still saying stuff like this? You really think, truly, that Marvel are going to make the movies inaccessible to the viewer unless they have watched the shows? Really?

Did Feige stutter or something? I'm not sure why you're acting so incredulous at me, or anyone, taking the man at his word. Do you know something about these shows and movies that the man who oversees them all does not?

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Uhh nah I'm good. Guess it's good that my interest in Marvel as dropped since Endgame.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did Feige stutter or something? I'm not sure why you're acting so incredulous at me, or anyone, taking the man at his word. Do you know something about these shows and movies that the man who oversees them all does not?
Because he said "understand everything" not understand the basics. For some reason people are taking his words and making it seem like they will be completely clueless when they walk into the next MCU film. Come on, that is absurd.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Because he said "understand everything" not understand the basics. For some reason people are taking his words and making it seem like they will be completely clueless when they walk into the next MCU film. Come on, that is absurd.

That's not what I said so I'm just going to assume you meant to be a snarky ass to someone else and leave you to it :)

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
pretty sure they won't make tv shows and movies as hard to follow as their comics. And as someone reading through the marvel unlimited backlogs, it's not even that bad.