• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
Bloomberg: Bob Iger Takes the Gloves Off for Disney's Streaming Debut. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-11-07/inside-disney-bob-iger-on-star-wars-pixar-and-more
If you want to understand everything in future Marvel movies, he says, you'll probably need a Disney+ subscription, because events from the new shows will factor into forthcoming films such as Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. The Scarlet Witch will be a key character in that movie, and Feige points out that the Loki series will tie in, too. "I'm not sure we've actually acknowledged that before," he says. "But it does."

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The first hit is always free....get them on the comeback

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
Where are all those people from the Scorsese thread talking about how marvel isn't hurting cinema

This already sucked when they did it with Age of Ultron.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing. Good thing I probably won't be watching most of the upcoming movies anyway though.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
*looks at the price of one movie ticket*

*looks at the price of Disney+*

🤔

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love how people spent six years bitching that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and other shows didn't connect to the movies in any way and now they're actually doing it and it's suddenly a problem.

You pay like $15 a ticket to go see a Marvel movie in theaters but $6 a month to watch six episodes of TV with the same production values that's connected to said films is some kind of scam?

Zhengi

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'll just wait until someone on Youtube connects the shows to the movies. I had trouble remembering everything from the 20+ Marvel movies and how it all connected to Infinity Wars and Endgame.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Called this shit when d+ was being announced. Saw this coming ever since they started using scare tactics when Endgame was out, saying spoilers were ok after the first couple weeks so better go see it!

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Right, like how captain marvel and Ant-Man and the Wasp were totally essential for endgame (they really weren't) or how Far from home closed the arc of phase 3 (that's debatable at best).

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The plot of these movies, even the overarching ones, are so simple and straightforward (outside of small cameos or references) that it really seems surprising to say something like this unless the writing is intentionally done this way.

Youngfossil

Oct 27, 2017
So basically the shows will be weekly/monthly comics and the movies will be events

This is REALLY good!

Edit to add to this, I hope they do references like they do in comics. When they mention some esoteric it has a pop up that says (See: Captain America ep 4)

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I doubt you will have to watch Loki to understand Multiverse of Madness, but it will have a reference or cameo. I guess you could still watch MoM without watch WandaVision, but if you are invested in the character of Wanda it will be a better experience.

I suspect the same will happen to the The Falcon and The Winter Soldier series.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
A Monthly Disney Plus subscription is cheaper than a movie ticket, so..

Three 120 minute movies are less of a time investment than 3 shows of 10 episodes of 50 minutes each.

My girlfriend and i couldn't keep up with the Netflix Marvel series, their interconnectedness is what made us not even bother with the better shows (Daredevil S3? Punisher?) because we simply felt out of the loop.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with it. I take the time to watch different shows and movies, and if they want to make connections why shouldn't they?

The shows need to be good tho.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
cynicism aside, this is great news for those who are invested because it means the shows really are the real deal...

This is purely for the people who were baffled by C-3PO having a different coloured arm in the sequel trilogy instead of the normal people who can put two and two together. They're not going to make movies where you need to watch 20+ hours of supplementary TV shows.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good.

Let's get it!

Saw this coming ever since they started using scare tactics when Endgame was out, saying spoilers were ok after the first couple weeks so better go see it!

Lmfao that's not a scare tactic.

Nobody is holding off on talking about anything forever just to appease people who haven't seen it yet. Especially something as big as Endgame. If you needed to be told that you'd be on your own as far as spoilers went after a few weeks, that's a you problem.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
MCU's been trucking along for over a decade and reached a natural point of transition this year. Excited to see this new way of doing things take shape.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Basically like comic books. The movies will just be the "events" now

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
I guess this is where I get off. It was bad enough watching some of the less interesting MCU movies.