• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Next thing you know, Feige is going to say you will have had to see some Star Wars films to get everything in The Mandalorian.

The fucking audacity.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
"You'll probably need a Disney+ subscription to understand everything in future Marvel movies" =/= "You'll probably need a Disney+ subscription to understand future Marvel movies"

Kind of like how you could still enjoy Avengers: Endgame without seeing Ant-Man & The Wasp or understand Spider-Man: Homecoming without seeing Captain America: Civil War. Seeing those movies lets you enjoy some subtle background details but it doesn't ruin the experience for you at all.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Good. Bringing TV content under Marvel Studios so the production value and writing quality is consistent with the films is what should have been done from the start. Not letting Perlmutter and Loeb's garbage division make half-assed crap like Agents of SHIELD that has nothing to do with anything. I'm glad Clark Gregg got 7 years of work out of it but Marvel's TV and Netflix stuff has been inconsistent at best.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This. This is entirely our 'fault' for always wishing the Marvel series or the Agent of SHIELD series would connect with the MCU.

I think people may have wished that in the first season or most of that first season but it being so loose made it bloody great with only token call backs to the films. Can Feige do better than Agents of Shield, have to wait and see.

Jan 29, 2018
I liked how the new Spider-man had that high school announcements segment to let me know what happened in the last couple of Avengers movies I hadn't seen. All the Marvel movies should just have that.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"You'll probably need a Disney+ subscription to understand everything in future Marvel movies" =/= "You'll probably need a Disney+ subscription to understand future Marvel movies"

Kind of like how you could still enjoy Avengers: Endgame without seeing Ant-Man & The Wasp or understand Spider-Man: Homecoming without seeing Captain America: Civil War. Seeing those movies lets you enjoy some subtle background details but it doesn't ruin the experience for you at all.

Quit making sense.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I love this

Fuck the hate being thrown at this. Connected universe works for Marvel and this will be the real deal this time between premium TV and movies

Its not like anyone else is doing this so I dont see the problem

Marvel is the one property where this makes sense and they make it work

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
If it ever starts to feel like I'm stepping into the 3rd episode of a TV series in terms of how much I don't understand when I'm watching a Marvel movie, then I'm out.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
After wasting money seeing Captain Marvel in theatres, which was a complete bore, thinking I would need to see it for Endgame ....yeah I'll pass.

Their idea of essential is a loose connection, a cameo or some lip service most of the time.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
We are going to revisit this a year or 2 from now and see just how connected these projects really are.........and we will probably find out it wasn't necessary at all.

hendersonhank

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The complaints are baffling. You want the characters from the movies doing stuff that somehow is entirely unconnected to the things they do in the movies?

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
The complaints are baffling. You want the characters from the movies doing stuff that somehow is entirely unconnected to the things they do in the movies?

Yes! Exactly because unlike Feige I'm a real comic book fan! And real comic book fans hate this kind of shit dude! What comic book fan wants connected storylines?!

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This is the most off-putting way to advertise not just Disney+, but streaming services in general.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
This sounds awesome and it was something I was expecting, at least to a degree. Marvel wasn't going to retread things with another sprawling Infinity War-level event within the next phases of the MCU, so creating an interconnected, ongoing timeline that crosses both TV and movies seems like a fun idea to push the envelope, in a different way, with world/universe building.

Super interested to see the directions they take this idea. The idea of a 20-movie arc culminating in a two-part finale was unheard of before Marvel tried it, and I can see this being another concept they'll pioneer and execute in a way that we'll be looking impressively back at.

We are going to revisit this a year or 2 from now and see just how connected these projects really are.........and we will probably find out it wasn't necessary at all.
I think you're right, to an extent. It would be foolish for Disney to make things so interconnected that you can't enjoy their movies without investing in 8+ hours of TV, but on the other hand, I would expect that we'll see varying levels of interconnected storylines much like with the phase 1-3 movies.

Last edited:

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I don't see any problem with this, and if it's done well it should be a good thing overall. Lots of people wish they had more Marvel content inbetween the 3 or so movie releases through the year, and this gives them exactly that. Having it be connected will keep it from being meaningless filler as well, which will be even better. And for those who don't want to invest that much time into the Marvel universe, I highly doubt the shows will be so important that you won't be able to understand the movies just fine without them. It will most likely just add more context to some things going on.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
Why is this being compared to paying extra for one movie ticket? That makes zero sense. It's not like you're paying extra for one movie. It's like you're paying for a service that has hundreds of hours of content, 10 of which will relate to a cinematic universe that most fans will enjoy, and paying for a movie that's 2 hours long.

Let's be real, anyone annoyed by this isn't angry at paying extra in dollars. It's paying extra in time.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
On one hand, could this be the fork for MCU/super hero movies?

On the other hand, these are middle of the road movies that don't push the line on ideas/topics, I don't see them being hard to pick up what is going on.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was always going to get this anyway, so doesn't mean anything to me. Can see why some people are pissed tho

Oct 25, 2017
I read every crossover issue of House of M, Civil War, World War Hulk, Secret Invasion, Siege, Fear Itself, AvX, and Original Sin, and most of that shit wasn't even good.

Fucking milennial crybabies.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Well I have had more than my share of same ass marvel movies for 2 life times so I think ill be fine missing out.

Might be back for xmen someday though maybe

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Lot's of people showing their asses in here

au39om2.gif

Oct 25, 2017
That's ok. There's no shortage of people who will explain everything to me whether I ask for it or not. Don't need to invest the time and money.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
This is such a " no shit" situation that has been known since the time the shows got announced. Wandavision directly leads into Doctor Strange. The shows are introducing new characters like She-hulk, Ms Marvel and Moon Knight that are going to likely be dropped into the films at some point after. It's the same with their films as well and this is pretty much a progression of what they've done.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
What the problem is?
how dare there be more of a thing i dont intend on watching ever because i already dont like the previous thing, but i need to continue to reiterate that thing is bad and how even tho i wont be watching thing, the fact that thing exists and people enjoy thing it somehow hurts me and everyone around me that thing is a thing.

Plasmid

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This makes sense. Totally a moneygrab, but it makes sense. Lots of exclusive MCU shows will have universe lore in it and references to the big films and vice versa, if you thought this wouldn't happen you're a fool.

Just find it in other ways if you can't buy disney+ lol

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Lol. I don't understand why people pretend this is a problem. Even before this not everyone watched every MCU movie and people could keep up more or less when the big team up films happened. If a Disney Sub is going to break the bank just subscribe for a 1 month subscription after the mini series is done airing. Hell, most people just watch MCU movies on Netflix so if the TV shows are on the same quality they won't know the difference.

This is only a good thing IMO.