• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I bought 3 years of Disney Plus at a deep discount, so I'm ready for more Marvel shit. Not really sure why anyone who values entertainment would have a problem with the service.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I mean, it makes sense but it's exactly what I find so exhausting about the MCU films. It becomes more like watching long TV show episodes in a theater than separate films.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Feige says this but In practice I really doubt you would be confused if Moon Knight appears in avengers movie and they give a quick description

They said this about Shield

And really you could skip a lot of mcu like ant man movies and doctor strange and Endgame and Infinity war wouldn't be confusing

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Perfect example you don't need to watch Antman to enjoy Endgame, but you get some of the jokes if you did. The important stuff will be able to picked up by context and common sense......oh wait I just got why this thread is so long. Feige is talking to rational people......theres the proble

Bingo.

Well, that and the reasonable outrage at having to pay more money for more content, or something.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Finally circled back to Marvel Movies looks like a tv episode

Except that I never said they looked like a TV episode. Their frequency in terms of releases and their regular call-backs and references to characters and plot points in previously released films make them functionally like TV shows, though. If there were 2-3 Star Wars films released per year for the past decade, I'd say that about that franchise, too.

But sure, "they look like a tv episode."

Skyejack

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2019
I bought 3 years of Disney Plus at a deep discount, so I'm ready for more Marvel shit. Not really sure why anyone who values entertainment would have a problem with the service.
My dad loves entertainment. He just doesn't care about Star Wars, comic books or cartoons. So it's not that he has a problem with the service, it's just that there's zero reason for people like him to buy it. And there's a ton of people like him.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Im actually okay with this since i was adding it to my streaming budget anyway which btw is still cheaper than cable.

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The amount of people missing the point and complaining about six episode shows as if they were 22-Episode Star Trek shows is amazing. Y'all were gonna bitch anyway, and it's not cute.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Disney is a giant greedy evil corporation or at at least as evil and greedy as any corporation they just happen to make shit I like

But they're not stupid whie Feige probably has a lot of freedom I doubt they would let him make the mcu inaccessible to casual audience

Feige says shit like this for the fans and to market the shows (he could be proud and genuinely) but I also doubt he wouldn't make sure that casual fans wouldn't get lost watching the next avengers thing

Melhadf

Dec 25, 2017
I wonder if people will just stop bothering with the MCU, pay the Disney+ tax, or set sail.

And what about none disney+ countries (most of the world)

Oct 31, 2017
I wonder if people will just stop bothering with the MCU, pay the Disney+ tax, or set sail.

And what about none disney+ countries (most of the world)

Most of the RoTW will be fine and able to legally view the content if they want to.

According to wiki only Falcon and Winter Soldier animated release in 2020, everything else is 2021 and later. Disney+ should already be in all of Western Europe and Latin America by the time Falcon and Winter Soldier launches or shortly after. By the end of FY2021 (i.e. Sept 21) Disney+ should be available in most of Europe and Asia as well.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shame. Standard MCU films critical reading has already been suffering due to an over integration and using the content to further future plans outside of the films themselves. IE the films are becoming less and less standalone character pieces and more about address the macro scale of the MCU with said characters and the characters material being minimized or given less depth as a result.

Granted the Disney+ stuff may ease some of that strain to be honest. We'll see how it all works out.

Last edited:

masud

Oct 31, 2017
I think I'm done with marvel movies until they start doing Xmen or fantastic 4 stuff. I have zero interest in the stuff that's comming up.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
This not big deal .
It's not like most people watch every MCU movie anyway before they watch the Avengers movies.
This great for people that like this sort of stuff and won't have big effect .

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I watched the avengers before I watched pretty iron man 1 and 2, hulk and thor. I think I had watched First Avenger, but it's possible that was afterwards. Now, I've read the comics, so I was familiar with all the characters, but I followed what was going on in the movie pretty well. I will say that my enjoyment was enhanced once I'd seen the other movies, since I was a bit more familiar with the players (like, i didn't know that Hawkeye was introduced in Thor, so it was fun to see him there). I don't think you need to see every movie to understand what's going on (except for iw/endgame). As I've said, my parents haven't seen any other Marvel film, and they enjoyed Black Panther. I told them not to watch the end credit scene, since it wouldn't mean anything to them. Like, do you need to watch Winter Soldier to understand Guardians of the Galaxy? (to be fair, GOTG are the most disconnected marvel films) Do you need to have seen iron man 3 to understand....anything? Or Homecoming to understand Doctor Strange? Or Black Panther to understand Captain Marvel? Thinking about it, you really only need to see everything to really understand the avengers movies (and the captain america movies), rather than having to see every other movie to watch Captain Marvel.

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017
Eh, I've missed tons of MCU movies and a quick skim of a Wikipedia page got me up to speed for IW and endgame perfectly fine. I'll just do the same for Disney+ shows.

These stories are not complex.