• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
Are people going to keep the same energy? Amy's tweet from 2012, the other 2 from 2010.
Nick Cannon tryna defend Kevin Hart
qp5t3ur4la321.jpg
Doesn't fit the narrative they say lol. People only seem to care if they got certain agenda

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all know you can make a new topic if you want to talk about Sarah right? Her shit is also abhorrent. You must not be able to talk about two issues at once ever huh?
Only brought it up cause one was talking about not wanting his son being gay like its a bad thing and the other calling people "fags" as if gay people are some lesser being,

over all both of them said some stupid shit and I was just using this to point out how people ain't keeping the same energy. I don't need to make another tread. I was just pointing out how media or people isn't treating It the same. In the end they both said some shit that shouldn't have been said. But one tweet isn't getting any heat at all while the other is.

Idc if you say Kevin isn't being Apologetic is the issue etc. They both said some Shit to make people that are gay feel bad. Her tweet should get some heat too only fair. You can get in trouble for saying you don't want your son being gay but calling people fag isn't the same thing?

Last edited:

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Only brought it up cause one was talking about not wanting his son being gay like its a bad thing and the other calling people "fags" as if gay people are some lesser being,

over all both of them said some stupid shit and I was just using this to point out how people ain't keeping the same energy. I don't need to make another tread. In the end they both said some shit that shouldn't have been said. But one tweet isn't getting any heat at all while the other is.

Idc if you say Kevin isn't being Apologetic is the issue etc. They both said some Shit to make people that are gay feel bad. Her tweet should get some heat too only fair. You can catch best from saying you don't want your son being gay but calling people fag isn't the same thing?
It's more than just that comment though...

My other issue is that nick cannon is deliberate in how he's framing his response to this controversy. He's doing it to misdirect the conversation that's happening about Kevin Hart, and it's working in this dumbass thread. "What about these people over here," and then he's doing it to stir the pot further by bringing up white female comedians? Black community is not friendly to LGBTQ already, and If you're going to say "let's look at everyone's dirty laundry" let's not have an obvious agenda because there's a metric shit ton of comedians I'm sure he could've utilized to make his point despite their gender, race, and sexual orientations.

This is specifically being used as a defense for Kevin's own Asinine actions and if you look at the thread black twitter is sitting there falling for it. So if we're gonna start calling everyone out let's not let it be because we're saying "oh forget about my boy what about these people? Look at them! They're just as bad if not worse".

Ps fuck chealsea, Amy, and Sarah

Last edited:

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

over all both of them said some stupid shit and I was just using this to point out how people ain't keeping the same energy. I don't need to make another tread. I was just pointing out how media or people isn't treating It the same. In the end they both said some shit that shouldn't have been said. But one tweet isn't getting any heat at all while the other is.

Idc if you say Kevin isn't being Apologetic is the issue etc. They both said some Shit to make people that are gay feel bad. Her tweet should get some heat too only fair. You can get in trouble for saying you don't want your son being gay but calling people fag isn't the same thing?

The issue is why you're bringing it up, not that that shit isn't problematic, it absolutely is. It just seems like a cover or distraction for Hart. Hart could have absolutely taken responsibility and proven himself not to be the man to tweet that vile shit. He didn't.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017

I mean, the women used the word faggot (so far in a single tweet, though in case of Silverman I wouldn't be surprised if there were more), the other also used the word (multiple times) and also went on a diatribe of how he will do anything he can that his son wouldn't "become gay" and even said he'd use physical violence against his son if he'd caught him doing something he deems gay and straight out say "don't do this [thing that Kevin Hart things is a sissy gay boy thing to do], that's gay"

They aren't on the same level at all. There's no deeper malevolence behind the women's words, just edgy, stupid word usage (well, other than Silverman's, calling out specific people as faggots is pretty shitty). They weren't panicking that their children might be gay and talking about physical violence against their hypothetically gay children.

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
Only brought it up cause one was talking about not wanting his son being gay like its a bad thing and the other calling people "fags" as if gay people are some lesser being

"But what about these white ladies no one was talking about in this conversation about homophobia in the black community!

They're homophobic too! And what they said is actually just as bad as what Hart did!"

over all both of them said some stupid shit and I was just using this to point out how people ain't keeping the same energy.

"I'm gonna call LGBT people hypocritical and mayyybe racist because they're not talking about the people I want them to talk about at this time."

I don't need to make another tread. I was just pointing out how media or people isn't treating It the same. In the end they both said some shit that shouldn't have been said. But one tweet isn't getting any heat at all while the other is.

"Let me repeat it again, you're all hypocritical because you're not calling out every famous person who's said homophobic stuff, so I'm gonna derail the thread and NOT actually talk about accountability and bettering the situation for black gays."

"B-But they did it too! They have to be punished as well, and if you don't condemn them right now in this thread, y'all might be. low-key racists"

Y'all trying way too hard. We're talking about real issues and all you can do is deflect and act suss 🤔

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Fundamentally we're back to once again erasing some of the most vulnerable people in society, Black LGBT folk...

Last edited:

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kevin Hart is a homophobic moron. That's a given for anyone who's followed his stuff for any length of time. People wondering why white female comedians get less of the judgement spotlight need to understand that Hart was selected to host the Oscars. Hosting the Oscars brings everyone looking into every detail of your life. It's a given. If any of those female comedians Cannon tweeted were selected to host the Oscars I'm sure they'd have had deserved backlash on their tweets as well. Maybe less so because they are white, but people would still look into their past posts and bring it to the forefront. Either way, none of them deserve to host the Oscars so it's a win at the end of the day for me.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
Sarah Silverman has publicly apologized for the joke years ago and calls it the joke she most regrets. It's a still from an episode of the Sarah Silverman show where she gets into an argument with a black waiter about who has it worse, jews or black people, and they do a trading places where she dons the ridiculous minstrel face and he (Alex Désert) puts on a ridiculous jewish stereotype.

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
This was never about homophobia. This was about kicking a black man that was getting too uppity for Hollywood elites.

Bruh, you know that shit you slinging? It's shit.

Sarah Silverman has publicly apologized for the joke years ago and calls it the joke she most regrets. It's a still from an episode of the Sarah Silverman show where she gets into an argument with a black waiter about who has it worse, jews or black people, and they do a trading places where she dons the ridiculous minstrel face and he (Alex Désert) puts on a ridiculous jewish stereotype.

Nah she never apologized. She was just sad that people took it out of context.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
Damn! I think he's really unfunny, I don't like his comedy in the slightest. But in the past I just didn't like his work. Now I really dislike this guy personally.

I'm glad he's not hosting the Oscars.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Always the brothers on here giving me a hard time.

let's face it and truth be told - if you look at twitter, people just easily dismiss any criticisms towards Kevin Hart because he's black, and they try to misconstrue that to racism - which is so unfair. It weighs more to them that he's black and so ignores his homophobia.

Very, very disappointing. There's misplaced solidarity. How can one cry marginalisation while decrying said marginalised person's homophobic tendencies? I don't get it.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Y'all gotta stop with the whataboutism and the wildin.

It isn't helping Hart nor Cannon's foolish ass.

Kevin Hart put this shit on himself by acting like a child about this whole thing and acting like apologizing for saying homophobic statements is such a hard thing to do. Targeted or not (hell, the guy who called him out even plugged in his little article after lmao), he should've apologized and squashed this entire thing and moved on. What he does instead? Look like an whole ass in front of everyone. Now he has to play in the mess he made.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Major side-eye at people who are using whataboutism to throw Sarah Silverman under the bus right now. She didn't try to shirk responsibility with a mealy mouthed non-apology. I've heard her candidly talk about her old material on like a dozen podcasts and it's very clear where she stands now.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
He should've just apologized. Shouldn't be such a big deal since he's grown and changed so much

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Yikes. :( Who is supporting him?
A lot of black comedians have expressed their support in him, alongside other celebs like Taraji P Hensen, TI, Steve Harvey, Jamie Foxx, Ludacris, Scott Eastwood, Anthony Anderson, Tiffany Haddish and probably a lot of others that are doing it behind the scenes.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
That's unfortunate, I liked Taraji P Henson a lot.
I don't think you have to deny your support of Taraji.

I'm gonna say some quick thoughts. Some might be mad and that's okay. You have the right to be. Well, here it goes:

I don't think Kevin Hart is a homophobe.

A lot of celebs are getting drug through the mud for their old tweets and old behavior, and rightfully so. The thing that separates Kevin from some of these other celebs is that I genuinely don't see him continuing the same behavior from his past. All around the industry he is known as one of the nicest people. Maybe not Tom Hanks and Hugh Jackman nice, but he isn't too far behind. He's done nothing but promote positivity for at least five years now.

I think Kevin's decision to not apologize wasn't because he is a homophobe, but because he has a massive ego that gets in the way of almost everything he does. Back when he initially cheated on his first wife, he addressed it, but refused to apologize. When he got caught cheating on his second wife, he addressed it, but also somehow found a way to not apologize. This isn't just something that happens when he gets caught doing bad things, this is also something that happens whenever. When Tiffany Haddish was beefing with Katt Williams, he basically inserted himself into the beef, and within an hour long interview, managed to make it more about himself than her.

So yeah, I don't think Kevin is a homophobe, but I DO think he has a massive, unsatiated ego that ends up causing more harm.

Also, there seems to be a disconnect to as to whether or not race is involved in this. I don't know the motivations of the people who dug up those tweets, but there is definitely a correlation between black men getting a prominent position usually reserved for white men, and the results being their name getting dragged through the mud. It may not be the case in every instance, but it does happen. Just a day ago, Kyler Murray won the Heisman trophy. What should've been the highlight of his night turned into a PR disaster because someone dug up some old tweets of him saying "queer" when he was 14 and 15. Was the initial motivation race related? Who knows. But the correlation is there.

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
Nah, fuck the race talks here. Really fuck it and here's why.
Those who defend this shit is basically saying "I wish I was white so I could get away with misogyny/racism/rape/everything l".
They ain't for holding people accountable. They just wanna be the white man Trump archetype and do whatever the fuck they want. And to that I say go fuck yourself you dumb ass.

If you really wanna have a genuine talk about race I'm all for it but this bullshit just isn't it.

This has me mad. Imma go watch Schumer shit and give them thumbs up on Netflix just because. Fucking idiots.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Is he wrong tho? The outrage was super selective and like the James Gunn scandal.

calling it "outrage" is already a red flag, but what about it was selective? whom else was also chosen to host the oscars that made homophobic jokes that wasn't called out? When someone else gets the spotlight, I'm sure they'll get called out. In the meantime, whataboutism is extremely disingenuous.

Sokrates

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
calling it "outrage" is already a red flag, but what about it was selective? whom else was also chosen to host the oscars that made homophobic jokes that wasn't called out? When someone else gets the spotlight, I'm sure they'll get called out. In the meantime, whataboutism is extremely disingenuous.

Seth MacFarlene was picked to host even though his Family Guy had a lot of transphobic, homophobic, and racist humor. Harvey Weinstein was lauded by Meryl Streep as a "God" years ago. Hollywood is gonna Hollywood.

Sucks that the media comes after minority figures rising up.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Seth MacFarlene was picked to host even though his Family Guy had a lot of transphobic, homophobic, and racist humor. Harvey Weinstein was lauded by Meryl Streep as a "God" years ago. Hollywood is gonna Hollywood.

Sucks that the media comes after minority figures rising up.

Or maybe that was all like 5 years ago, and now we are more sensitive to shitty rhetoric in pop culture. Wonder which one it is. I mean, you yourself likened this to James Gunn, a white man. So clearly it's not about going after minorities?

You yourself posted this a while back:

Oh shit, fr? lol Budden is like the black version of Bill Maher. And damn just had my respect for Mensa drained instantly when I looked that up.

And didn't Charlemagne the God rape his current wife using date rape drugs like a certain someone?

So you're going after minority figures as well? Or maybe there's more nuance to the situation and you're just trying to bring up "going after minorities" as a disingenuous point just because this particular instance isn't to your liking somehow.