• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
He still ain't said shit about this. And don't tell me he changed in 8 years after dropping his 1st wife for a light-skinned chick.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
He was definitely fired. You don't go from what he said on Instagram to the tweets just hours later. The tweets are a PR hazmat cleanup.

Good riddance to the homophobic twit.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
You can't fire me.... I quit!

What an utter disgrace of a story, this was the easiest thing he could have done in the world and he still ended up sans Oscar hosting gig.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Being a celebrity and leaving tweets up for longer than 2 weeks. Yikesboyardee.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
P.S. If anyone wants to hate humanity even more, read the responses to his social media posts. Nothing drops faster than a bigot's facade about how they view marginalized groups. We're surrounded by hate everyday, and straight people wonder why we fight so hard for our rights and freedoms.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
So he was told to apologize or not host, passed on the apology here

Then stepped down and apologized? Alright.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
H1dIx10.png

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can't fire me.... I quit!

What an utter disgrace of a story, this was the easiest thing he could have done in the world and he still ended up sans Oscar hosting gig.
Yep. An apology swallowing his pride would have been fine. He moves on and gets paid. Doesn't even have to mean it.
But no. What an idiot.
But he did. Its in the OP tweet...
The problem with deleting the tweets is that he doesn't think anything's wrong with them. He probably ain't embarrassed at all.

Hopefully he does some soul searching, but probably not.

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
P.S. If anyone wants to hate humanity even more, read the responses to his social media posts. Nothing drops faster than a bigot's facade about how they view marginalized groups. We're surrounded by hate everyday, and straight people wonder why we fight so hard for our rights and freedoms.
Nah you gotta stop acting like you're the oppressed when you're the one with your gay agendas all up in my business.

...did I guess correctly?

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. An apology swallowing his pride would have been fine. He moves on and gets paid. Doesn't even have to mean it.
But no. What an idiot.

And literally he completely renders his subsequent apology worthless... like who, other than those who never had issue with him being clearly homophobic, is gonna buy his so called apology 2 hours after he refused to apologize.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
And literally he completely renders his subsequent apology worthless... like who, other than those who never had issue with him being clearly homophobic, is gonna buy his so called apology 2 hours after he refused to apologize.
Somebody brought in some (financial/status) perspective and he changed his tune real fast.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Earlier in the day, well before The Academy stepped in, various LGBTQ advocacy groups and individuals reached out to the dude to give him a chance. There was an earnest desire to forgive Hart if his apology was sincere.

Chad Griffin @ChadHGriffin

.@kevinhart4real you have a rare opportunity to take responsibility, teach people in this moment, & send a message to LGBTQ youth that they matter & deserve dignity & respect. You say you've grown. Show us. Make amends for hurtful things you've said & affirm LGBTQ people.

Instead, Hart chose to be a jackass and is now a martyr for bigots.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somebody brought in some (financial/status) perspective and he changed his tune real fast.
Yep, but it's just too late. He fought too hard against it and that bullshit apology is just to curt to be believable.
You have to wonder how someone this fucking stupid made it this far in the first place.

But then again, look at who's sitting in the oval office right now.
Touché
Katt Williams is available apparently
He'll fight a 12 year old for the chance

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
The comedy show stuff, I get it... it is his work, you don't want to apologize for your art. So be it. It's what got you where you are.

But those tweets need to at least be addressed. A simple 3 sentence tweet would have diffused this whole thing. The rock is somewhere now adjusting the jumani sequel projections.

Oct 30, 2017
Good riddance.

Btw, I'm VERY SHOCKED about finding some people defending him and encouraging him in the name of free speech!!!

How in hell saying awful and hurtful and demeaning things about group of people who are STILL suffering from enormous persecution that can even cause them to suicide or being killed in the majority of the world countries who don't even have the little basic rights of a human being!!!!!

This is not the freedom of speech or opinions... this is something just pure evil and mean to take it on group of human beings only because they were born differently than you, this doesn't give you the right to bash them like this.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
If nothing else, this shows why we need actual punishments for homophobia and general bigotry.

The very core of the nature of bigotry is the bigot simply doesn't care about the humanity of the people he's attacking. He only cares about himself and his ingroup. As such, asking for an apology without any consequences for a refusal means that they have no reason to do this. In this case, they made the consequences clear, but I guess Kevin Hart thought he would be viewed as standing up for himself or something by not apologizing or whatever.

But it didn't work out. He got fired and now he had to make the choice of either remaining unapologetic and essentially standing his ground on homophobia (while arguing he is not homophobic) or try and scrap any goodwill he can with this disaster with an apology.

To an extent, it doesn't even matter that Hart is insincere about his apology. What matters is that the social systems in place punish bigotry. This cost him a desirable job and PR. And now he has to crawl away and placate his now fewer fans. Good. Regardless of Hart's true feelings, that's what should happen when society encounters this shit.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018

Yup. "Why do you people have gay pride???" is a favourite of mine.

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
In that Instagram video he says he already addressed the old comments... I did some searching to see if I could find any sort of public comment from before, but couldn't.

What a weird hill to die on.