• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I said it in the other thread, but I don't think he wanted to host the Oscars in the first place. His agent or his publicist probably talked him into it and he agreed begrudgingly. It's a crappy gig that's more likely to be harmful to your career than help it, and even though you're stuck doing someone else's jokes you get blamed if the performance sucks.

When the awards producers wanted him to grovel and beg for the job he just said fuck it. If this were a job he cared about he probably would have apologized. If they yanked him from Jumanji 2 the tears would probably start flowing.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC

"I wouldn't tell that joke infront of a public audience but I damn sure will continue to do the same off camera around friends though." Its not even an apology, he just said everybody too sensitive. Thats kind of idiotic, and ignores the current context of of what we can do today that we couldn't 10-20 years ago.

Its not that people are too sensitive, its just that people who didn't speak up about it before didn't have the platforms we do have to day to speak from and be heard.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, didn't expect it would come to this. Was sure he was gonna apologize and release a video/statement before the story escalates.
When you're willing to hurt your career instead of admitting to being a shithead and apologize, even if insincerely. Hope this means we see less of him going forward.

He didn't. His first reaction was that "people are just sensitive now and "I'm so positive and living my best life" BS. He only apologized after they fired him and his PR team no doubt got to him.

So his claims in the video about having apoligized for those tweets in the past are false, apparently, I did a google search and just found what you are saying. If that's true then I agree with you guys.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Did he think he had enough juice to survive this even though the Oscars asked him to apologize?

mechs

Banned
Oct 1, 2018
Reading on other sites it seems like he has apologised and he mentioned something on a Breakfast Club interview that he won't take down tweets/apologise for any old stuff.

If he has moved in from the gay jones and apologised in the past, no point racking him over the hot coals

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So did he not apologize, got fired/quit and then apologized anyways?

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Whos twitter we gonna search through next?
Just saying its getting to be a bit ridiculous.
I'm sure every celebrity has skeletons on their Twitter page, but it's what you do when those skeletons are found. If he doesn't have those homophobic beliefs anymore, all he needed to do was apologize and say that he's not that person anymore. But he couldn't even do that. That's the issue here.

captainpat

Nov 15, 2017
I kinda understand where he's coming from. Being made to apologize for a thing you've already apologized for feels demeaning and like you're groveling. That being said what he said years ago definitely wasn't an apology. Had he apologized like he did now I would kinda be on his side.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The Best Popular Film award lasted longer.

large.jpg

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
His agent talked a shred of sense to him. The lack of apology and the story blowing up wouldn't have just cost him the Oscars, but would have kept him from many other jobs in the future as well. Funny that he was so defiant against apologizing earlier and now so willing to do so when most of the damage is done.

ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Reading on other sites it seems like he has apologised and he mentioned something on a Breakfast Club interview that he won't take down tweets/apologise for any old stuff.

If he has moved in from the gay jones and apologised in the past, no point racking him over the hot coals
Can we find his past apologies?

Nvm: saw the past non-apology of not telling that joke cause people are too sensitive.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where are all the James Gunn fans to defend Kevin Hart?

'10 years ago! 'He has grown and stopped saying those things!' etc. etc.

lordg

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is awesome, first James Gunn and now Kevin Hart.

These assholes need to go down.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is what I don't get, it appears he DID apologize for all this several years ago and on several different occasions, both very publicly (radio and a Rolling Stone piece). I don't know what else to do here, I guess we just do this all again in a few years when he gets tapped for some other high-profile gig?

Good riddance, I hope the Rock drops him too.

The internet hasn't turned their collective focus on him yet but the Rock isn't much better. There's tons of footage of Rock being a homophobe on live TV from his WWE years.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think apologizing would have even helped tbh so he made the right move by just stepping down.

junomars

Banned
Nov 19, 2018
He really played his self. Why double down, post a mini rant about not apologizing, lose the Oscars gig and then apologize anyway?

Tagesreste

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was met with a ton of homophobia from his fans on Instagram for calling him out, so it's great to know that he has a lot of homophobic people of color who support him no matter what.

Tagesreste

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The only apology he ever made was last night after he got fired. Beforehand he couldn't care less.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA

Yeah, Gunn emphatically apologized when the tweets were highlighted after Disney hired him, and then again when they were brought back up this year. He didn't just stop posting stuff like that.

No one has to accept his apologies, but they were given without caveats and hedging more than once.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I said it in the other thread, but I don't think he wanted to host the Oscars in the first place. His agent or his publicist probably talked him into it and he agreed begrudgingly. It's a crappy gig that's more likely to be harmful to your career than help it, and even though you're stuck doing someone else's jokes you get blamed if the performance sucks.
When was the last time hosting the Oscars hurt someone's career?

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
But he did. Its in the OP tweet...

Pretty sure they mean why didn't he apologize before he was fired.

Kevin Harts time as host was almost as short as Kevin Hart.

This is funnier than any joke Kevin Hart has ever made.

Edgelord shitty jokes that you have repeatedly apologized for and addressed compared to directly calling other people a fag on twitter and refusing to apologize -- while acknowledging sure you wouldn't say it now because people are too sensitive these days. Exactly the same!