• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

Podcast isn't up yet, but it's interesting that he saw things from ALL of the movies. Sounds like they really are using 9 to tie together all three trilogies.

There's also speculation that the giant set he's talking about could be a version of the "exotic city" that was cut out of The Force Awakens and brought back for IX.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
But Kevin cries a lot. Just like me.

Biggest movie in the world in the making.

JJ is bringing it home.

Also, Kevin cameo?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking forward to IX a lot and don't doubt Smith's enthusiasm for it, but dude also cried over Revenge of the Sith and compared it to Othello!

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Kevin crying is my favorite shit in the world, dude gets so wholesomely emotional about the stuff he loves.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
He cried on his set visit to The Force Awakens.

But its nice to hear the exciting details. Bring it home JJ.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I remember listening to Fatman on Batman a few years ago and listening to Kevin cry about literal random Batman comic storylines. The guy is super emotional and I love it.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I'm in a Star Wars lull at the moment (although I watched Rogue One the other day and the ending is pretty epic). I liked TLJ (in the end) but it's a shame the whole community is so divided and there's so many alt right type idiots who want to tear up everything. It's silly because in reality we should just watch these films and enjoy them and not care about what other people are doing surrounding that.. so I have been staying away from sites but that is keeping my hype really low. I'm excited to see what JJ does, he did far more right with 7 than he did wrong and he created these amazing characters. I hope he wraps this thing up in an amazing way that makes all the fraught discussion around 8 seem like a distant memory. I hope he can bring it all together. I'm just sad I can't really share in the hype since half the fan base everywhere you look are entitled cunts screaming about SJWs.

DeeDogg

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Florida
Isn't this the guy that loved the prequels? I wouldn't go off of his reaction tbh
"What I saw was massive" is the most untelling ambiguous and buzzwordiest thing I've ever heard

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna hold hands with Kevin as we whisper random scenes from Star Wars and cry.

"Yoda and Luke sitting on the log"
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
wVLDSF7c.jpg

Don't say it
Don't say it
Don't Say it

" But how did he feel about The Last Jedi?"

Deleted member 24021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
By massive, does he mean a physical object or something heavy in the story?

Or is it Kylo Ren shirtless again?

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
It really irks me when people refer to movies as "flicks".

Which I get is a little pointless since "movie" itself is a dummy moniker for film anyway.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Kevin Smith would cry at just about anything tho, the big lug

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Which I get is a little pointless since "movie" itself is a dummy moniker for film anyway.
I'm pretty sure it comes from the flickering light of film projectors.

I dislike the term "popcorn flick" because I hate the sound of people munching on popcorn. :P

Dec 21, 2017
Terribleness of The Last Jedi aside, it's thanks to Kevin Smith that it doesn't matter what Ep IX is actually called, it will always be known as "The All-Anal Final Chapter".

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
But Kevin cries a lot. Just like me.

Biggest movie in the world in the making.

JJ is bringing it home.

Also, Kevin cameo?

Well, he did cameo in TFA. It was the scene where the Resistance comes to the rescue at Maz's castle. He voiced the stormtrooper that alerts the other stormtroopers of the Resistance's arrival.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The Separatist Droid Army assisting the Resistance... make it happen JJ!

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I'm pretty sure it comes from the flickering light of film projectors.

I dislike the term "popcorn flick" because I hate the sound of people munching on popcorn. :P
Huh, that actually makes me dislike it a lot less.

The sound of the word itself just always felt diminutive to me. Popcorn flick isn't much better.

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
Kevin Smith is awesome. Cant wait for this movie. They made two 10/10 movies and I'm excited to see if the can nail the hat trick.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Of course he cried, he cries when the wind is blowing west lol

But its always good to get stories from him and his take since hes such a fan of the series.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I find it hard to believe how they could narratively without the movie becoming a cluttered mess. I have a feeling it'll be more of a thematic closure than a storyline one. Afterall they need to leave room for Episode X.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
He proclaimed TLJ as one of the greatest SW films right after watching it. I'm personally cautious of anything he has to say about SW because of it despite his background.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He proclaimed TLJ as one of the greatest SW films right after watching it. I'm personally cautious of anything he has to say about SW because of it despite his background.
TLJ received some of the strongest critical acclaim of any film in the franchise, this is a weird take.

I visited Pinewood last month for another show and saw some SW stuff.
See anything interesting in the SW stuff?

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Episode 9 delivers and JJ ends this trilogy on a high note.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017

My dumb ass literally got why it's called movie.

Like what the fuck. I've been around film in various capacities my entire life. Motion picture, moving picture and whatever other names are used I've heard. I just never actually sat down to think the etomology of the word movie until this post. Movie.

When thinking of it that way it does feel kind of derivative and childish. Like calling radio shows 'Speakies' or 'Audies' or some shit. But at the same time I just feel at this point the word stands on it own, they're movies. It's a movie. It has went far beyond being short hand for a more professional term and is now a common word in its own right.

So you got me to hate the word for a couple of seconds before coming to my senses and going back to liking it.

Last edited:

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
Kevin Smith being hyped for a nerd movie is more common than a sunset. I'm not putting much hope in his analysis.