• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Wilford Brimley is back with a career best performance!

noa.jpg

BluePigGanon

Oct 27, 2017
Regarding "career best performance": that would be weird to say about a young actor, which makes me think he means Mark Hamill or Billy Dee Williams. What other old timers would be there?

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
My dumb ass literally got why it's called movie.

Like what the fuck. I've been around film in various capacities my entire life. Motion picture, moving picture and whatever other names are used I've heard. I just never actually sat down to think the etomology of the word movie until this post. Movie.

When thinking of it that way it does feel kind of derivative and childish. Like calling radio shows 'Speakies' or 'Audies' or some shit. But at the same time I just feel at this point the word stands on it own, they're movies. It's a movie. It has went far beyond being short hand for a more professional term and is now a common word in its own right.

So you got him me to hate the word for a couple of seconds before coming to my senses and going back to liking it.
Screen_Shot_2017-04-05_at_2.58.07_PM.jpg

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
As much I enjoyed TLJ, I just can't see how they can wrap the story in only one movie.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Makes me believe were going back to Tatooine and "Finish the fight" over there or maybe Naboo? Close the circle and rhyme it with poetry!

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
The career best performance has to be Mark Hamill ghost Luke. That would make Smith bawl.

I am just hoping Rey kills Kylo. That fucker needs to die.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Is this where that fake leak about battle droids in TLJ actually comes true?
I know that the PT was... bad, but I fucking loved the battle droids, no lie. If they like find a cache of old CIS battle droids and use them to replace the depleted Resistance army until they can rally new troops that'd be amazing.

I remember him loving Episode 3 too
Episode 3 IS the best of the PT, in fairness.

I am just hoping Rey kills Kylo. That fucker needs to die.
The way I see it, he's got no shot at redemption through normal means. He can either be killed with or without redemption, or be redeemed via ReyLo and the power of love. The latter would absolutely ruin the ST for me, so I hope for the former.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
👍

Sebulba playing the long game.

Sebulba killed Rey's parents
Sebulba tipped the Sand people on Anakin's mom

Sebulba pointed the Imperials to where the Jawas were selling the droids

Sebulba got Snoke in touch with Ben

Sebulba knew Ben needed a foil, so he killed Rey's parents and kidnapped her to plant the ideas.

All because he got fuckin beat by a 10 year old.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I remember listening to Fatman on Batman a few years ago and listening to Kevin cry about literal random Batman comic storylines. The guy is super emotional and I love it.
This is why i consume a lot of his online content. We love the same things, get emotional over the same things. I still get emotional over that Flash episode.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Is this where that fake leak about battle droids in TLJ actually comes true?
I know that the PT was... bad, but I fucking loved the battle droids, no lie. If they like find a cache of old CIS battle droids and use them to replace the depleted Resistance army until they can rally new troops that'd be amazing.

Episode 3 IS the best of the PT, in fairness.

The way I see it, he's got no shot at redemption through normal means. He can either be killed with or without redemption, or be redeemed via ReyLo and the power of love. The latter would absolutely ruin the ST for me, so I hope for the former.

Yea a Rey and Kylo love story would be bafflingly stupid to me. I get it that they're both kind of fish out of water and lost in a struggle far larger than themselves so there's a connection, but the two characters as portrayed couldn't be any more incompatible.

Also Kylo is a stone cold murderer of the weak and helpless. Fuck him.

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Smith loves literally everything nerd related. He's also got running gigs in that industry to the point where you'll rarely hear him dog on anything. Except maybe the Justice League movie.

Oct 28, 2017
Naboo's Redemption.

Kay-Jar Binks leads a ragtag mix of Bothans, whils, and broom kids against Darth Ren and his evils knight of the new order!

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
So it'll be a 30 hour podcast without him even taking a breath. I like him but he can be exhausting to listen to

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
the last jedi was excellent and it's weird how many of you dont recognize it
It gets better every time

Without meaning to get the topic off track I was reading a new interview with Mark Hamill where after watching the first time he didn't know what to think (maybe when that reaction video was taken?), then the next time he liked it, and then he thought it was the best Star Wars movie.

gagewood

Oct 25, 2017
He saw things from across ALL the movies

If you listen to the clip Smith says, "The things I saw... that blew my mind on a Star Wars level. All universe, all flicks..."

I interpret that to mean, "What I saw blew my mind unlike anything I've seen in a Star Wars movie," and not, "I saw things from all the movies."

Still neat to hear something about Episode IX.

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
Love Kevin, so happy he's healthy. His enthusiasm for Star Wars makes me love it even more.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Wait, smith liked tlj? Then his opinion doesn't matter to me. Tlj is garbage.

I'm still hopeful that jj can salvage the trilogy though. Yes got his work cut out for him after the turd he was handed.

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
Wait, smith liked tlj? Then his opinion doesn't matter to me. Tlj is garbage.

I'm still hopeful that jj can salvage the trilogy though. Yes got his work cut out for him after the turd he was handed.

THIS. I remember him being rumored to work on a Star Wars TV series like 10 years ago. After watching his review of TLJ I realized he is still auditioning for that job... and with this video... I am even more sure of it. :)

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Do I believe him?
- He's a big SW fan
- But he also loved Revenge of the Sith 🤔
- But he also hated Last Jedi (at least I thought he did) 🤔
- But maybe he's just a fanboy happy to be on set?
- But he's the guy who came up with the perfect Finding Amy scene about Darth Vader's reveal

Lol I'm so torn

rycisko

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm looking forward to IX a lot and don't doubt Smith's enthusiasm for it, but dude also cried over Revenge of the Sith and compared it to Othello!

...I cried too.

But ONLY during the Tattoine 'Binary Sunset' sequence! The shot remake and the music was too fucking good.

...Girlfriend laughed though. Still gives me shit for it lol

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Smith visiting the set and why Luke died in TLJ, it's starting to make sense now.

Bluntman and Chronic, complete with Bong Sabers, will be trained by Rey to fight Mark Hamill's Cocknocker, (the real master mind behind everything) in the final battle.

Karasseram

Jan 15, 2018
Kevin Smith is the guy who hyped up phantom menace after seeing it? If so dunno why we are looking at him as a barometer for quality on anything.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
His words excite me even though they shouldn't, because he's the most hyperbolic hypeman in all of geekosphere.

TLJ has been divisive for me. I both love a lot of things in it and am really worried about some of the choices made. How IX chooses to go forward will retroactively have a huge impact on how TLJ is ultimately seen by the fandom.