• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
60281-1532336916.jpg

"It was me, Rey. Yes. The author of all your pain."
hahaha

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully that means Watto is back. And we return to Tatooine, where it all began.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for this, sequel trilogy has been amazing so far!

He proclaimed TLJ as one of the greatest SW films right after watching it. I'm personally cautious of anything he has to say about SW because of it despite his background.

It actually is one of the greatest SWs films though.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
I have heard Rumours that the first Teaser for Episode 9 will release before the end of December but I don't know if I believe that.

Anyone else heard that? I think maybe if anything we will get the Film Title and or some cast photos soon.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I feel the marketing and subsequent hyde is going to be goddamn apocalyptic as the release closes in.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Whatever your thoughts on TLJ are you'd be crazy to think that IX won't be the most crowd/fan pleasing movie ever. Disney ain't fucking around with auteurs anymore.

Man this trilogy would have been great if episode 8 was the first chapter and not the middle. There's just not enough time.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever your thoughts on TLJ are you'd be crazy to think that IX won't be the most crowd/fan pleasing movie ever. Disney ain't fucking around with auteurs anymore.

Man this trilogy would have been great if episode 8 was the first chapter and not the middle. There's just not enough time.
I actually kind of agree with it, TLJ feels like a beginning rather than a midquel. You could've probably jammed both Force Awakens and The Last Jedi into one movie by cutting out a lot of the bloat from both films.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017

While I don't like The Last Jedi much at all I do agree that it would have worked better as a first movie in a trilogy and not the middle chapter

ProtomanNeo

Oct 27, 2017
Strange what can change in a year. In the past I would have been giddy at thought of some tidbit of news regarding a new Star Wars film. Now I'm just indifferent.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have heard Rumours that the first Teaser for Episode 9 will release before the end of December but I don't know if I believe that.

Anyone else heard that? I think maybe if anything we will get the Film Title and or some cast photos soon.

It could go many different ways in regards to when they drop the first teaser/trailer.

The first teaser for TFA dropped a full thirteen months before the film was released.

By contrast, we didn't get the first TLJ trailer until Spring of it's release year.

But we should get the title soon; maybe before the year is out.

Oct 27, 2017
Idk how a direct sequel would make any sense being the first film. It works now as two halves of one grand introduction of a new era.

I would agree though that there needs to be more than one more movie. I mean there's no good reason to limit it to a trilogy anyways when the franchise as a whole is going to be ongoing indefinitely without the decades long breaks.

I think there's either going to be a very big time skip to give plenty of space for more adventures, or 9 is going to be open ended.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Expect the title soon as filing begins to wrap up, but unless they have enough b-roll footage for a teaser now, I wouldn't expect anything big until Celebration in April. A big reason we got a teaser for TFA so early was because Iger wanted it even with Abrams not wanting to do it.

Objektivity

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
JJ doing God's work! Hopefully this is super fan service-y and fixes everything that was wrong with TLJ. Kevin Smith liking what he saw gives me a little hope.

Sapiens

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The only interesting parts of TLJ (the girl and edge lord) went nowhere. They should have fucked.

Everything else was garbage.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
"All the movies?" Don't tease me Kevin. I need me some prequel references in IX. Battle Droids helping out the Resistance. Ghost Luke filling Rey in on how Qui-Gon was totally awesome. Anything regarding the God Dexter Jettster.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
people gotta stop pretending that, despite its flaws, jedi wasn't an amazing conclusion to the trilogy
I guess its good nobody is pretending. RoTJ is the weakest film in the OT with some good moments but far more odd ones and a number of head scratching decisions. Its not a terrible movie, hut I don't like it nearly as much as the ANH or ESB for a number of reasons.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually kind of agree with it, TLJ feels like a beginning rather than a midquel. You could've probably jammed both Force Awakens and The Last Jedi into one movie by cutting out a lot of the bloat from both films.

This seems to have been the original intention, because George's version of VII as far as we can tell was about Kira (Rey) searching for Luke, finding him, and snapping him out of his funk.