• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
and people that didn't do it should just say so.

He flew on a plane called the "Lolita Express" with a known pedophile billionaire.

We probably should have known to be honest.

Yeah, you're right. But it can't be some wishy-washy gaslighting nonsense where it's half-apology and half-denial.

scrubadam

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just my 2 cents about people saying how the film industry is terrible and full of monsters. I really, really think the ratio of people acting wrong is the same or maybe higher outside of it to. Of course there is the money and the power but.. I mean.. the number of rape is pretty huge you know, and i'm pretty certain the actual number of incest acts or pedophile crime are way bigger than what is actually reported, for obvious reasons, not even counting environments where there is some "habits" that are accepted, in some countries etc..
I mean human being IS fucked up. I'm not sure this is a specialty of Hollywood.

I agree.

Crappy people that abuse their power/status are in all walks of life. I am sure in major corporations/politics/law enforcement these scum exsist. Just in Hollywood it gets more traction so its more pronounced. There are 1000's of people in Hollywood but if we hear about 10 horrible ones it seems like its everyone.

Not saying Hollywood is innocent but I bet % wise its probably not to far off from the rest of society. And this doesn't excuse horrible behaviour of course.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
His brother is a Rod Stewart impersonator/limo driver that lives here in Boise. He's the fun sort of eccentric that you see around town. Usually he's in these flamboyant zoot suits leaned up against his limo outside of a coffee shop, or the airport. I think he's been a bit broken by his brother's success and has always wanted a bit of the limelight. One of the local stations here had an interview with him talking about the childhood abuse that he and Spacey suffered growing up. That's not to excuse Kevin's behavior, I just thought it might be of interest.

MyFullName

Oct 27, 2017
I wish there weren't bad people in every facet of any industry / organization, but I do believe it's the few that ruin it for the many. Not to be a pollyanna but what keeps me from going nuts is the fact that there are still a lot of good people out there that outweigh evil.

Oct 27, 2017
Tn, USA
It's getting crazy. At this point I half expect guys to start outing girls (and guys) who slept their way to the top as some sort of backhanded retaliation.

It's gonna be a race to give the first tell all book/interview, though I suppose Feldman has already given his price.

A buddy of mine has had his IMDB Pro info used to try to catfish him into sexual stuff. Hollywood is nuts.

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
3jhISab.jpg

Kevin Spacey was brought up by a Nazi father who raped his brother and brutalized his family so badly that they called him The Creature, his older brother exclusively told the DailyMail.com.

Now, as the Oscar-winning actor faces allegations of trying to seduce Star Trek's Antony Rapp when he was just 14 years old and of sexually assaulting a relative of former US news anchor Heather Unruh, the truth of his own troubled upbringing has been revealed.

Spacey's older brother Randall Fowler, 62, described the current allegations leveled at his brother as 'disturbing' to DailyMail.com, as he acknowledged he had been made aware of them in the early hours of Monday morning.
(Laura Collins, 30.10.2017) - Source: http://www./news/article-5032809/Kevin-Spacey-s-father-Nazi-child-raptist-brother-says.html).

Additional information regarding his allegedly upbringing from his brother Randall Fowler on "DailyMail.com" as well as his personal take on this current situation.

PS: Excuse my lack of information regarding this current thread but like a few others I am still in shock and it seems it is going to take me months to sink in that my second all-time-favorite actor would be part of something of this nature.

Monty Mole

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel disgusted and ashamed.. of myself. Upon reading the new allegations today my first thought was 'Damn we're really not getting the sixth season of HoC now'. When really my first thoughts should have been with the survivors for their courage for speaking out. I'll go and sit on the naughty step and do some self reflection for a while.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Some more men have come forward with allegations:

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/...-men-bring-sexual-assault-accusations-w510791

I've heard a lot of rumours that it was an open secret he was a creep during his time at the Old Vic.

Yup, just saw this and the news about Piven. He denies his accusations, so thats up in the air.

But Spacey? Yea...its getting clearer now that he has some serious issues.

This is why the timing of him coming out is BS and he should be outcast form Hollywood and anywhere for doing that. We are living in some messed up times.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/03/med...evin-spacey-netflix-house-of-cards1122PMStory

In a carefully worded statement, the streaming network made clear that it would not continue to be involved with the show if Spacey has any part in the drama's future.

"Netflix will not be involved with any further production of 'House of Cards' that includes Kevin Spacey," a spokesperson for the network said. "We will continue to work with [Media Rights Capital] during this hiatus time to evaluate our path forward as it relates to the show."

MRC, which produces "House of Cards," followed up with its own statement, announcing the actor's suspension from the series.

"While we continue the ongoing investigation into the serious allegations concerning Kevin Spacey's behavior on the set of 'House of Cards,' he has been suspended, effective immediately," MRC said.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say Spacey would be well off financially by this point but he did that cat movie like last year so who knows.

Oct 25, 2017
It feels weird to have someone go from a favorite actor to a top candidate for your "fall off a very tall bridge" wishlist in just a matter of days, but here we are.

Career implosion is too light a punishment for this abhorrent behavior, but at least it's better than nothing.

Oct 26, 2017
That's just too horrible. His father was in the room and that happened? I would say that if i were in his shoes i'd have stood up and said WTF are you doing man. But that's easy talk for me. Truth be told, i've never been in such a situation and can't imagine it either.

mandiller

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Sorry guys, I really need to vent rn.

I'm just about disgusted with Slate's coverage of the scandal. With all of the allegations coming out against Spacey, they instead choose to focus on how calling him a pedophile is "problematic." See this article: http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/...acey_a_pedophile_hurts_the_gay_community.html

That's a pretty fucked up article. By the date of it it does look like it's from a few days ago though, before all the other allegations came out, including actual child sex. But yeah, there should not be two standards. Don't have sex with anyone at all who is under the age of consent in your country - whether you're straight or gay.