• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Luna V.

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently it was set to end regardless. Makes me wonder what Netflix would've done if this had happened sooner, when the show was at its critical peak. Hopefully Spacey loses out on whatever projects he had lined up in the near future.

This whole thing's got me wondering about Edgar Wright w/r/t Baby Driver/ Baby Driver 2, how much he did or didn't know. Hope nobody on the set was harassed/worse... also hope they have sense enough not to bring him [Spacey] back after this.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember when Hollywood patted themselves on the back for making Spotlight?

Perhaps it's because Hollywood is a big industry with a lot of moving parts involved in making films and not just one person named Hollywood being hypocritical and contradicting him or herself all the time.

Last edited:

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Only a matter of time before we're talking about Bryan Singer I'm sure, with all the stories of him having parties with a bunch of underage boys and offering them "roles" over the years.

legend166

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps it's because Hollywood is a big industry with a lot of moving parts involved to making films and not just one person named Hollywood being hypocritical and contradicting him or herself all the time.

I mean, we're talking about an award won via popular vote here. That went to a movie that told the story of journalists exposing the horrific culture of predation and cover up in the Catholic Church. All the while the industry that voted en masse to give that film an award has been shown to have its own culture of predation (even if its not the same extent) and cover up.

I don't think the statement 'Hollywood is hypocritical' is overgeneralising, given what we know. That doesn't mean every single person involved in making movies is a hypocrite. But I think it's fair to say that as an industry it maintains a smug sense of moral superiority while clearly having a huge amount of skeletons in the closet that they have no interest in revealing.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, we're talking about an award won via popular vote here. That went to a movie that told the story of journalists exposing the horrific culture of predation and cover up in the Catholic Church. All the while the industry that voted en masse to give that film an award has been shown to have its own culture of predation (even if its not the same extent) and cover up.

I don't think the statement 'Hollywood is hypocritical' is overgeneralising, given what we know. That doesn't mean every single person involved in making movies is a hypocrite. But I think it's fair to say that as an industry it maintains a smug sense of moral superiority while clearly having a huge amount of skeletons in the closet that they have no interest in revealing.

Well it has issues that's being aired out and finally addressed and hopefully setting a new standard of what will be acceptable moving forward. However much like how America has trouble with race do to our country being founded upon White supremacy. Hollywood has trouble with sexism and preying on the vulnerable due to it's industry being founded upon the practice of the "casting couch".
The legend of the Hollywood casting couch coincided with the rise of the studio systemin the 1910s. Many moguls were rumoured to have been enthusiastic practitioners and it has been claimed that many actresses attempted, with varying degrees of success, to attain stardom via this route.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What he did is awful, but his statement is even shittier. Haven't watched House of Cards, and I don't think I will now.

When will Dan Schneider be exposed?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
He's still an excellent actor but his reputation has understandably fallen like a house of cards. I'm afraid it's possible there could be more incidents like this. He's probably the way he is if he was abused by his terrible Nazi-loving abusive dad. It's just sad.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What he did is awful, but his statement is even shittier. Haven't watched House of Cards, and I don't think I will now.

When will Dan Schneider be exposed?

Schneider's never been publicly accused of anything illegal, as far as I'm aware. He's weird, but not Spacey, Cosby or Weinstein levels of weird.

Singer, on the other hand, feels like a known quantity at this point. No idea what's keeping his ship afloat, outside of the usual legal intimidation.

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently it was set to end regardless. Makes me wonder what Netflix would've done if this had happened sooner, when the show was at its critical peak. Hopefully Spacey loses out on whatever projects he had lined up in the near future.

This whole thing's got me wondering about Edgar Wright w/r/t Baby Driver/ Baby Driver 2, how much he did or didn't know. Hope nobody on the set was harassed/worse... also hope they have sense enough not to bring him [Spacey] back after this.

Oh god.

Someone earlier made a horrible joke about Spacey and what he had over Baby in Baby Driver. So horrible. I don't normally allow celebrities personal life affect the work they are in, but god. Certain things just are so awful :/

The more I read about this, the more it's obvious what a sick predator Spacey really was.

Also you are right, I kept seeing a ton of press positioning this as Netflix canceling the show because of this. And I was ready to throw praise on them. But yeah, it does seem this season was already filmed and set to be the end anyways. Not that I blame Netflix. But yeah, what if this was season 2 or 3 of the show when this news broke. Wonder if they would have still cancelled it.

This is an interesting topic. But after all this fall out, I wonder how many studios will cancel films, or stop doing business with these predators. Or if they will quietly release these things anyways. They already went to great lengths to cover up these scumbags originally (anything to protect their money).

Also I love dougie btw :)

Last edited:

EasyRoad

Oct 25, 2017
Kevin Spacey can fuck right off with that statement. Shameful way to come out.

Hope Anthony can find peace now that the truth is out there

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I knew he was a bad guy after seeing Se7en and The Usual Suspects! It is kinda crazy though looking at his imdb page, he has been in SOOOoooo many movies in his career, just nuts.

He has 3 movies in production / wrapped, wonder whats gonna happen there. One is All the Money in the World about the kidnapping of John Paul Getty III, I guess it was a huge thing in the 1970s in Europe, they cut off his ear and stuff and there were over 9 arrests including mafiosa. The second movie is a remake of the movie Billionaire Boys Club about a group of young eager men who murder a wealthy businessman. In both movies Spacey plays the older, rich guy sooooo....

Oh he also is currently filming a movie for Netflix about Gore Vidal, where he plays Gore Vidal. Its literally filming right now in Italy, wonder if Netflix will finish it or halt and cancel.

There was a reddit post from five months ago in /r/movies saying that Spacey is well known inside Hollywood for harrassing male staff on productions, it didn't really have many replies until of course things blew up today.

Luna V.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, sometimes I have a harder time separating actors from their roles since they're right there in front of the screen the whole time, unlike (most) directors/writers, etc.

I feel like after Weinstein things are different, and productions will pull these creeps. Hopefully.

Dougie btw.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
At the rate these news are coming out, If Keanu Reeves turns out to be a creep or a racist or just a terrible human being, I will forever lose faith in humanity.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
this news makes that scene in Glengarry Glen Ross where Al Pacino and Jack Lemmon shit on Spacey even more entertaining tbh.

ronaldthump

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think its clear that Kevin Spacey is a sexually aggressive gay man.

Is Kevin Spacy a pedophile?

Oct 25, 2017
Man, him trying to use coming out as deflection to gross predatory behavior is really upsetting and insulting to LGBT ppl that had to fight the ugly "deviant molester " stereotype.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
"Oh wow that sounds awful, somebody did that to a teenager?! That's just... Oh it was me?

Maaaan I must have been wasted!"

ronaldthump

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, him trying to use coming out as deflection to gross predatory behavior is really upsetting and insulting to LGBT ppl that had to fight the ugly "deviant molester " stereotype.

http://mashable.com/2017/10/30/zachary-quinto-statement-kevin-spacey-coming-out-gay/#71ENJ2Q4.sqr

Kevin is getting slammed by lots in the LGBT community. Zacharay Quinto is unimpressed.

DNZnL5_UMAAuDvH.jpg

Lurcharound

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Well, obviously sexual offenses against minors are literally the worst, but the rumors against people like Singer and Emmerich (true or not) are not just chasing/dating/having consensual sex with young men but taking part in a de facto system of favors, grooming and drug abuse. Definitely taking advantage of people in a predatory way, maybe not through physical coercion but through power imbalance and experience, much like Weinstein.

I know you are not defending any of it, don't get me wrong, I'm just explaining the nature of the accusations.

But also let's be honest, barely legal, when talking about quite older, more experienced and powerful people, it's almost always not just creepy but wrong, even if not illegal.
Yah that's always my big concern in these situations: people being pressured or coerced into stuff. It's one thing for a 19 year old gay guy to be happy to have relationship with older gay guy but using a position of power to coerce and pressure individuals - even if they're technically young adults - is terrible.

If they're not legal age then it's time for actual criminal charges.

Seems there's decent chance a lot of transgressions may come up light given current momentum in this area.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There needs to be a new rule where people either offer a full and genuine apology, or just say fuck it and yell "haha! I did it and I'm not sorry! I'd do it again! haha!" It never works for me when people try to thread the needle like this.

kmax

Oct 25, 2017
Shitty apology to throw gay people under the bus like that. "I was a bit drunk and don't rememeber shit, but look guys, I'm gay!"

Tasteless.

Sneijder

Oct 28, 2017
Cologne
there are so many rumors about so many "great" actors and more like Charlie Sheen etc
I always thought that Hollywood is really sick, because there will be People with Power, and also People, that would do anything to get famous and rich, or to get the job (which could be the breakthrough).

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I am completely disappointed by Kevin Spacey revelation. This is completely outrageous and disgusting to try to molest a teen just like this. And to help visualize it, this was the look of Anthony Rapp 30 years ago:
http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/anthony-rapp/images/38748405/title/adventures-babysitting-1987-fanart

and Kevin Spacey https://i.stack.imgur.com/W0hFT.jpg

P.S. Anthony Rapp looked like Ron Weasley 30 years ago :O

I remember seeing him on Broadway in Rent in the 90s as Mark Cohen. He starred in it with 2 kids I went to HS with. He was fantastic.

Hat22

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
There needs to be a new rule where people either offer a full and genuine apology, or just say fuck it and yell "haha! I did it and I'm not sorry! I'd do it again! haha!" It never works for me when people try to thread the needle like this.

and people that didn't do it should just say so.

I think its clear that Kevin Spacey is a sexually aggressive gay man.

Is Kevin Spacy a pedophile?

He flew on a plane called the "Lolita Express" with a known pedophile billionaire.

We probably should have known to be honest.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I saw this in the local news:

Former Boston news anchor says a loved one was assaulted by Kevin Spacey
Unruh, who left WCVB in 2016, told The Boston Globe on Oct. 13 that the incident involving Spacey and her loved one happened last summer at a restaurant and that Spacey did something under a table that was "completely unexpected, completely inappropriate."

Unruh declined to provide further details other than to tell the Globe, "If a woman who saw what happened didn't tell [the alleged victim] to run while Spacey got up to go to the bathroom, I don't even want to think about what would've happened."

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't there some celebrity saying there are a some really powerful pedophiles in Hollywood? That you'd be shocked if they were revealed?