• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s9JccOGda0
You can now experience Sora's moveset from Kingdom Hearts 2 in Kingdom Hearts 3, literally ripped straight from the game, and it works incredibly well.

So this is actually really impressive because a ton of the animation work got reworked in order to make it work for KH3 specifically, while simultaneously reusing effects from KH3 and also animations from in order in order to replace the effects from the PS2 game. Even animations that already existed as recreations of the 2 moveset, (Second form), got tweaked. This is basically what a KH2 remake would've looked like.
jltderH.gif

Q4bQ0W6.gif

And it's not just animations the attacks function the way they did in KH2.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
15 minutes to show something that takes at most 2, that's YouTube content creation right there.

OP
OP
Crossing Eden

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Why would you share a video showcasing the mod and not the mod?
www.nexusmods.com

KH2 Sora Animations

KH2 Sora Animations
15 minutes to show something that takes at most 2, that's YouTube content creation right there.
Because it's actually a really informative video about the creation of the mod, how it functions in tandem with other mods, and it breakdowns which moves were changed and which ones were custom work.

Btw, the video description contains links to all of the mods used.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
Really cool mod. I worked with some of the folks who worked on this for my own KH3 projects and they're all pretty good people. KH3 is surprisingly moddable, and the community is pretty wild - even going so far as to reverse engineer some of Square-Enix's internal UE4 toolsets for a version of the editor that lets us really get into the nitty gritty of making custom content.

OP
OP
Crossing Eden

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Really cool mod. I worked with some of the folks who worked on this for my own KH3 projects and they're all pretty good people. KH3 is surprisingly moddable, and the community is pretty wild - even going so far as to reverse engineer some of Square-Enix's internal UE4 toolsets for a version of the editor that lets us really get into the nitty gritty of making custom content.
It's no surprise that Square immediately starting greenlighting new projects with KH3 as a baseline.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Really neat that the refined some of the Second Form animations for this. Will definitely give this a try during my next run.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Can you combine this with the Form mods?

Sonnymuldoon

Jan 2, 2020
People praise kh3 for the dlc improvements but I'll forever hate that none of the abilities that fixes the combat are included in the base game. So this has me very excited KH2 kicks ass.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
People praise kh3 for the dlc improvements but I'll forever hate that none of the abilities that fixes the combat are included in the base game. So this has me very excited KH2 kicks ass.
There's a pretty good mod on PC that integrates the ReMind abilities pretty nicely into Sora's level up path on a fresh new game (as opposed to only being postgame/New Game+ exclusive on consoles). Used it last time I did a playthrough and it felt pretty natural.

SrirachaX

Apr 12, 2019
The new combat abilities introduced in Re Mind are good, but Sora's KH2FM moveset just felt better. Just waiting on a Steam release to take these mods for a spin.