• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

9zgYwtY.png
khalid-2018-cr-RoLexx-billboard-1548.jpg
chvrches-press-photo-by-danny-clinch-2018-billboard-1548.jpg
major-lazer-press-2015-billboard-650-c.jpg

According to Japanese pop culture news site Entertainment Week, Khalid, CHVRCHES and Major Lazer have joined on to produce music for DEATH STRANDING: Timefall. CHVRCHES doing music isn't too surprising considering they visited Kojima Productions a few months ago but I didn't expect Khalid to be involved, too. Major Lazer got me hyped ngl. There's going to be more artists announced down the road I imagine.

In addition to the new song "Trigger" collaborated with Major Lazer by world-famous pop star Khalid, the album for electro pop band CHVRCHES has been decided!

Here's more on what DEATH STRANDING: Timefall is.

Q: What is DEATH STRANDING: Timefall (Original Music from the World of Death Stranding)
A: It's a collection of new music from artists, producers, and musicians who have been inspired by the world of DEATH STRANDING, the latest video game by legendary creator Hideo Kojima for the PlayStation 4 system.

Q: Will this include music from the game?
A: This album is made up of original music inspired by the game.

Q: When will DEATH STRANDING: Timefall (Original Music from the World of Death Stranding)be available?
A: DEATH STRANDING: Timefall (Original Music from the World of Death Stranding) will be available on November 8, 2019.

death-stranding-screen-10-ps4-us-28may19

Last edited:

tr1b0re

Oct 17, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
I mean...I'll listen to the CHVRCHES song I guess

But would have preferred less...pop choices, feels like it doesn't match the tone of the game, but that's just my opinion

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
So none of this music is even in the game? Speaking of which, we still haven't heard the main vocal theme for the game, if it has one.

motherless

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Love Chvches, doesn't seem like a fit for the game but I am open to it. At least walking around to good music is something, lesson learned from Journey I suppose.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everybody chasing that Black Panther album money. First Beyonce now Kojimers. I can't wait for the inevitable FFVII:R album.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Khalid's not my thing, but CHVRCHES and Major Lazer are great.

Still unsure how this fits in with the game, though. Kojima's drunk on power.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is Hipster Kojima at his worst. I don't like any of those musicians.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Still unsure about the game, but at least I'm looking forward to this music now.

xMM4nsonx

Nov 1, 2017
I remember CHVRCHES for the cover of Do I Wanna Know (pure gold). This album give to me the chance to discover new groups.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, okay! I like all three of these artists, especially CHVRCHES so this could be interesting?

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I'm the main demo for what Kojima and KojiPro are doing with the Hollywood celebrities and pop musicians; I was mesmerized by the initial Death Stranding reveal/mood piece released, but as more gameplay and mythology gets decrypted, my interest is more so retained by the ambitious, left field casting.

Shadow2222

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, Sony's done it before like with God of War 3's Blood and Metal soundtrack (also songs that were not in the game).

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Unlimited money: The game. Wonder what the break even point will be for this one in terms of sales. 10 million copies?

scar654

Oct 27, 2017
Sad about this. I was expecting the original score to be music from the game, not inspired by.

Edit: I was saying that I was sad that the included soundtrack in the special edition is this one and not a proper original score.

Last edited: