• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
This is more of a gameplay question that I always wondered, what was master form's purpose in kh2?

Valor was physical attacks.
Wisdom was magic.
Final was the combination of physical and magic, essentially the ultimate form
Limit had KH1 abilities and didn't need party members

Master was...??? An inferior version of final form?

Master was balance between physical and magic

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
This is a really good question i hope gets answered logically. If they gloss over the fact that ansem sod and xemnas are both back, ill throw the whole game away. Idc about the time traveling stuff. Explain where terra/terrahort is.
98171884410026a9118166a4edf0be7cabd6e81fr1-1280-720v2_hq.jpg

That's from the trailer

Last edited:

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Is this game really expected to be 60 hours long?

I still can't decide what to do with this one. On one hand, I want to play and beat it because the first game was good and what I played of the second was pretty good, but if it's that long it's daunting. I've been burned out on gaming, haven't played a JRPG in a long time and haven't played a KH game since I rented the second one on PS2. I don't really want to spend that much time with it, and had expected 30-35 hours. The first took 27-30 as a kid, to get to the last boss but not beat it.

I have a $50 copy preordered, but can return it. I can't cancel it. I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with the investment even at that price. I could get it from the library later, but they only ordered one copy and it has other holds/will only be mine to play for a week.

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
It was Terranort who split his body into a Heartless and a nobody right? Why is is then, that Master Xehanort returns in DDD instead of Terranort?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

I still can't decide what to do with this one. On one hand, I want to play and beat it because the first game was good and what I played of the second was pretty good, but if it's that long it's daunting. I've been burned out on gaming, haven't played a JRPG in a long time and haven't played a KH game since I rented the second one on PS2. I don't really want to spend that much time with it, and had expected 30-35 hours. The first took 27-30 as a kid, to get to the last boss but not beat it.

I have a $50 copy preordered, but can return it. I can't cancel it. I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with the investment even at that price. I could get it from the library later, but they only ordered one copy and it has other holds/will only be mine to play for a week.
The leaker who's already played through the game took around 30 hours to get to the final boss.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

I have no idea how it's going to be 60 hours long unless you're absolutely trying 100%/plat it. The other games have been 30ish hours at most for the main path + some side content.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It was Terranort who split his body into a Heartless and a nobody right? Why is is then, that Master Xehanort returns in DDD instead of Terranort?
I just go with my theory that Ansem is simply Xehanort's heartless and Xemnas is just Terra with amnesia. So killing Ansem returns Old Xehanort (since his body already inexplicably disintegrated/was destroyed when he possessed Terra) and killing Xemnas returned Terra to his old self for whatever reasons (This is assuming that Terra is back to normal in KH3, since, as far as I know, there's been no reveal of Terranort).

I'm sure it's not what Nomura has in mind, but it's probably better and will make more sense than the official explanation.

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
Is there like a bloodline type of chart for the different amount of Xenoharts there are? I think that's the only thing I've been confused with due to the time traveling stuff they introduced. Also doesn't help that they all have different name and sub names.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Is there like a bloodline type of chart for the different amount of Xenoharts there are? I think that's the only thing I've been confused with due to the time traveling stuff they introduced. Also doesn't help that they all have different name and sub names.
Xehanorttree.png

And that one's missing the whole young xehanort time travel stuff lol

Last edited:

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
The leaker who's already played through the game took around 30 hours to get to the final boss.
I have no idea how it's going to be 60 hours long unless you're absolutely trying 100%/plat it. The other games have been 30ish hours at most for the main path + some side content.

Thanks. I'm happy to hear that.

My friend is a big KH junkie and told me that. He's someone I trust because he has worked in the industry as well.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Is this MX tree pretty accurate? I like how I can zoom in and read the text easily in a browser on my PC

it has one big mistake, the brown hooded figure is not the same that posseses Riku, its actually a young Xehanort, timetravelling to gather as much versions of himself as possible throughout history as instructed by a timetravelling old Xehanort

This fucker
latest

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
it has one big mistake, the brown hooded figure is not the same that posseses Riku, its actually a young Xehanort, timetravelling to gather as much versions of himself as possible throughout history as instructed by a timetravelling old Xehanort

This fucker
latest

Shiii, looks like I need to watch the story recap again. Thanks

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017

This fucker
latest
You are unfortunately very incorrect. It is the Heartless. After passing Young Xehanort the power he basically just waited on Destiny Islands until the time was right. Oldnort isn't timetravelling either.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Sort of. Without the link to Sora he'd look like one. But he's not the darkness overtaking a heart so much as he is half a heart (the dark part), so he's not really a heartless, just similar in composition

Makes you wonder: how much darkness did Ven have in him to make someone so strong?
I actually feel this is the direction UX is going in. We know one of the characters is a murderer, and the leading theory is that it's Ventus. Interesting to see what he's capable of with all that darkness still inside him.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
You are unfortunately very incorrect. It is the Heartless. After passing Young Xehanort the power he basically just waited on Destiny Islands until the time was right. Oldnort isn't timetravelling either.

OK now I'm confused. Young Nort said he was told everything by old nort. And then it's shown that young North time travelled as just a heart with the cloak

Right?😨

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I actually feel this is the direction UX is going in. We know one of the characters is a murderer, and the leading theory is that it's Ventus. Interesting to see what he's capable of with all that darkness still inside him.
Probably. Lauriam seemed too obvious and now that we know she was his sister and he's looking for her it's basically completely off the table. Maybe that was his ulterior motive all along: join the Organization and stage a revolt so he could go find Ventus himself and find out what happened to her.

Komali

Sep 25, 2018
Why is the final boss of DDD a nightmare? We are not in Soras dreams, it's his heart unless it's implying that the events happening there are inside Ventus dreams.

Oct 25, 2017
I have to imagine III will include a scene explaining how Ventus, Lauriam and Elrena ended up in the present, or at least how Ventus did. It's possible Lauriam and Elrena lost their hearts in the past and their Nobodies are just really really really really old. But we'll see.
And yeah, I can see Ventus being the killer. Hell of a twist. Too bad Union X is drip-feeding worse than Nintendo's online service.

HemoGoblin

Nov 3, 2017
So is Sora's keyblade special after all? Am I right that his is like *the* keblade of the light realm? What can it do that other keyblades cannot?

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
OK now I'm confused. Young Nort said he was told everything by old nort. And then it's shown that young North time travelled as just a heart with the cloak

Right?😨
Nope.

Order of events:
1) Ansem Apprentice Terra-nort awakens his memories and Nobodies the fuck out of the other apprentices.
2) changes his name to Ansem
3) unleashes Heartless into the light realm
4) keys himself and splits into brown cloak AnsemSoD and Xemnas
5) now with memories and no body, he can time-travel to Destiny Islands: the before years
6) recruits his younger self, gives up his power and lies dormant until the Heartless come for DI

the only issue I have with this is that I thought AnsemSoD and Maleficent were in direct cahoots when she started gathering the princesses... though I suppose there's nothing stopping him from leaving DI at any point, he's shown to be able to open Dark Corridors.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
the only issue I have with this is that I thought AnsemSoD and Maleficent were in direct cahoots when she started gathering the princesses... though I suppose there's nothing stopping him from leaving DI at any point, he's shown to be able to open Dark Corridors.

Master Xehanort told Maleficent about the princesses in BBS, or slightly prior to BBS. I think in KH1 she's doing her own thing with the Disney villains, unaware that Riku has A,SoD inside him.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
It wasn't until watching Everglow's fantastic KH timeline series and seeing KH1 intercut between 358/2 Days, then 358/2 Days and Chain of Memories, that I realized how odd it was that both Roxas and Namine were 'born' looking older than Sora and Kairi are in KH1. I can also understand why Vanitas could look like Sora through the Sora->Ven heart connection, but him specifically looking like teenage Sora in BBS when Sora was just a little kid was pretty odd.

I don't think there is probably an answer to this outside of 'Rule of Cool', but anyway. Er, your heart knows what you'll look like in a few years? May your heart be your guiding key to puberty?

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
It wasn't until watching Everglow's fantastic KH timeline series and seeing KH1 intercut between 358/2 Days, then 358/2 Days and Chain of Memories, that I realized how odd it was that both Roxas and Namine were 'born' looking older than Sora and Kairi are in KH1. I can also understand why Vanitas could look like Sora through the Sora->Ven heart connection, but him specifically looking like teenage Sora in BBS when Sora was just a little kid was pretty odd.

I don't think there is probably an answer to this outside of 'Rule of Cool', but anyway. Er, your heart knows what you'll look like in a few years? May your heart be your guiding key to puberty?
His age has to match with Ven's. Wouldn't make much sense for him to look like a 4 year old

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Okay, what is the reason for Terra gaining a cape in the end of BBS? It looks cool, and completes the outfit but it came out of nowhere with no explanation.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Rule of Cool

I believe Nomura wanted them to have capes but couldn't get the PSP to process their physics so he had to improvise
I wonder, would it have been too much work to add them when they ported BBS to the PS3? That way you'd have the capes from the start instead of Terra's armor randomly growing one in the end cinematic just for the sake of being consistent with KH2: FM.

Zerokingx

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder, would it have been too much work to add them when they ported BBS to the PS3? That way you'd have the capes from the start instead of Terra's armor randomly growing one in the end cinematic just for the sake of being consistent with KH2: FM.
I think the answer was that it cost money or something along the lines

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain to me how did Terra and Ventus Keyblades appeared and saved Aqua out of nowhere in the Realm of Darkness when she was ready to give up in the final episode? Finished BBS, I'm not feeling like playing DDD after marathoning BBS like crazy. I don't want to burn out before KH3 comes out lol. Might just watch DDD cutscenes.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Can someone explain to me how did Terra and Ventus Keyblades appeared and saved Aqua out of nowhere in the Realm of Darkness when she was ready to give up in the final episode? Finished BBS, I'm not feeling like playing DDD after marathoning BBS. I don't want to burn out before KH3 comes out lol. Might just watch DDD cutscenes.

Connected Hearts and shit

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is more of a gameplay question that I always wondered, what was master form's purpose in kh2?

Wisdom was magic.

Valor absorbs Goofy, so it's physical.
Wisdom absorbs Donald so it's magic.
Master absorbs both so it's both physical and magic.
Given where it takes place in the story, Final is both allies + Roxas, I guess.

(Limit was a gimmick form added for FM, so it doesn't count as far as the base concept goes.)

malyse

Community Resetter

If you wanna be picky, it's much weirder that Vanitas looks how he does.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So is Sora's keyblade special after all? Am I right that his is like *the* keblade of the light realm? What can it do that other keyblades cannot?

I'm curious about this, too.
I've also thought that maybe Sora's keyblade is supposed to represent either the entire light realm or maybe at least Destiny Islands, which might still have some special significance seeing how Master Xehanort used to live there and Mickey found the Keyblade of Darkness in the Dark Realm-Destiny Islands.

It can't just be coincidence that the X-Blade's consists of 2 Kingdom Keys either, can it? Could be just to make it look cool, though.

almutama

Oct 27, 2017

Wisdom was magic.

master is actually pretty cool to use once you realize that you can send enemies/bosses up with thunder and combo the hell out of them in the air. its less floaty than final, which some people might prefer. And about the mickey stuff, you're probably on the mark. mickey's combat style seems to be mostly focused on being in the air (aerial dodge and the slew of air combos on master)

almutama

Oct 27, 2017
there's something that i've been curious about for a while. since terranort is amnesiac, does that mean that ansem and xemnas's goals are, during kh1 and 2 at least, independent from master xehanort's goals?

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
LfBJTpT.png

so these are the same guys, right? Their designs looking a bit different doesn't mean anything in terms of the story right?

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
there's something that i've been curious about for a while. since terranort is amnesiac, does that mean that ansem and xemnas's goals are, during kh1 and 2 at least, independent from master xehanort's goals?
Somewhat independent, but also partially influenced by and not entirely out of step with Master Xehanort's overall goals.

LfBJTpT.png

so these are the same guys, right? Their designs looking a bit different doesn't mean anything in terms of the story right?
Same exact people. The slightly different hairstyle and brown eyes in the bottom one are largely just meant to denote that neither Terra or Xehanort are in control.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Just want to clarify something about Ansem SoD: when does he go back in time to set young Master Xehanort on his quest?
Does he go as soon as he turns into a heartless?

Nurovek

Dec 26, 2018
France
Since Lea is back, why doesn't he want to return to his original style of clothes ?

Shouldn't Nobodies and "Complete Beings" have their own personality ? Because it looks like it's Axel that came back to life.

Just a bit of nitpicking but I think that black coat isn't very original for a protagonist. No wonder why Riku didn't keep it for a long time