• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
Does Sora ever visit his mom? If not does she know what Sora is doing and why he has been gone for so long?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
In the plot it's just a lot of "oh, this world is being attacked by Heartless" or "the organisation went here" or "these worlds are sleeping so you need to wake them up for your exam". The Disney worlds still have their own little stories, but are more self contained. Usually you play out something based on the movies plot.

While KH1 had the council of Disney Villains and their plot with the princesses that spanned the worlds, the other games have kinda just dropped that. Maleficent is still around and hopping worlds but isn't all that involved or anything.

The other reason, is it's just what KH is, so you have the Disney stuff because it's a Disney game but there isn't real any importance to those places. Like, you could make a KH game and not have any Disney stuff and the plot wouldn't really be affected.
KH3 is all about the New Princesses of Light, so the Disney worlds are almost as important as they were in KH1.

Clocian

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 23, 2018
How did Organization XIII return to their normal bodies hen we never defeated their heartless?

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand the story despite playing all the games except DDD. Can someone hook me up with a video or two explaining the story *well*? Someone linked me to one and the dude sounded like he was speaking another language. I clearly need a different video.

Official recap

That one will also be in KH3

How did Organization XIII return to their normal bodies hen we never defeated their heartless?

It's explained as that heartless except for Ansem don't have a special form. They could have been one of the countless heartless that Sora and co killed.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
-I played the 3ds game but don't remember a lot of it. SOme time travel is involved i think but why are so may dead characters back in KH3? A: When a beings heartless and nobody is destroyed they are reformed as a normal being again

-Are the heartless still a thing really? I think in 2 i got the impression that they were chumps compared to the nobodies and just kind of pawns in the end. A: Whenever a nobody is created a heartless is too. Heartless is the heart, Nobody is the empty shell of a body

-So the nobodies wanted kingdom hearts to regain their feelings? And the guy in the first game wanted it to spread darkness i think> But it was actually light so it killed him i think? So its both or neither??? Also the noboides clearly had feelings. Like i know you can say they were just pretending but no they had feelings like cmon lol. A: There is 3 different Kingdom Hearts. The one in the first one which isn't the true one, the one in the second which is fake and the true kingdom Hearts which they are actually trying to find. Nobodies literally can't have real feelings because they have no heart.

-Why bother bringing xion back? A: Cause friendship

-Why did riku transform into ansem and then jk power of friendship turned him back? A: Riku gave into darkness to try and save Sora which turned him into Ansem. He found a way to regain control when he stopped trying to be a lone wolf

-What exactly is the method for getting kingdom hearts. Is it collecting loads of hearts or was it gathering the princesses in the first game? A: Those were all bad short cuts that didn't actually work. Xehanort was trying to try different methods cause he failed to get the real way. The real way is the 13 hearts of darkness fighting the 7 of light which then creates the x-blade which opens the path to kindom hearts. He tried to create it in BBS but tried another shortcut which failed

-Why are ansems research people so important? A: They were easy to manipulate

-Why does xehanort need a vessel. And why does he seem to be an unkillable god of some sort? Like i remember the latest trailer seemed to imply with chess and whatnot that he was some machivillain mastermind that schemed everything to this point but fuck theres no way he could have predicted half this shit without seeing into the future. A: Because he was old as shit and his body was falling apart and a new body/vessel keeps him alive.

-So the guy speaking to the animal people is the real real bad guy i guess. Ok...who is he again?[ A: no one knows yet/SPOILER]

Tagged just in case but lol i haven't thought about the series in a long ass time.
Answers in bold.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
I've always been confused on this. What exactly is Kingdom Hearts?
The simple answer is the heart of all worlds.

However, it didn't even appear until BBS. The Kingdom Hearts in KH1 is an artificial one formed out of the hearts of a bunch of worlds taken by the Heartless. Similarly, the Kingdom Hearts in KH2 was made of hearts released whenever a Keyblade defeated an Emblem Heartless.

But the one in BBS and X is the real, natural Kingdom Hearts.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They weren't heartlesses, they were nobodies. And as far as we know the ones that were brought back in KH3 should be their nobodies again as those were the ones infected by Xehanort. They also refer to themselves as their nobody names and control their respective nobodies.

If the infection bleeds into the somebody that would open up a way bigger can of worms as Lauraim and Elrena existed during the Keyblade War which you would think Xehanort would have just traveled back then if he could do so from the beginning.
Yeah I mistyped.

They still have their memories from when they were nobodies which is why they may choose to refer to themselves that way. Don't think the infection bleeds into the somebody as Axel is fine. They may have just given themselves back over.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Why the organization XIII members that i vanquished on KH2 are back on KH3?
A: They were either restored as full persons thanks to Sora destroying their Nobodies and their Heartless (ie Axel) or snatched from history by Master Xehanort's time travel powers in order to possess them

Why is dark Riku on KH3?
A: Its the Replica Puppet of himself Riku defeated in Chain of Memories.Made by Vexen. Possibly Brought back by Xehanort. See Above.

Are Final Fantasy characters coming back to KH3?
leaked copy players said just 1. No idea who it is. Rumors say kid Noctis
Answers inside quote

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I mistyped.

They still have their memories from when they were nobodies which is why they may choose to refer to themselves that way. Don't think the infection bleeds into the somebody as Axel is fine. They may have just given themselves back over.
I guess some of this we'll have to play first to see, but I don't buy that excuse at all. Having memories of another life doesn't excuse them ignoring their real name that they were known for a majority of their lives. Doesn't make any sense. And how do they control their respective nobodies then?

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I guess some of this we'll have to play first to see, but I don't buy that excuse at all. Having memories of another life doesn't excuse them ignoring their real name that they were known for a majority of their lives. Doesn't make any sense. And how do they control their respective nobodies then?
We don't know what really happens when they reform with their new bodies. They could easily still have the powers they had but be reunited with their hearts.

Probably because they were the Nobodies for a while and enjoyed the person they become and what they had become. Their original names were who they were before and just because they are in those full forms again, they may simply prefer their new selves.

Deleted member 12186

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For the most part, yes, but one character from the mobile game has already appeared in trailers for KH3, and other aspects were referenced / shown in Birth By Sleep 0.2. You'll probably still want to read up on its story, as it seems like it will end up tying into KH3 to some extent.
The chirthy(sp?) thingy and technically ventus,marluxia and larxene right?

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Why does Axel still have his coat?

Feb 4, 2018
I was totally tracking with KH until the end of DDD when the time travel stuff happened. Now idk what's going on but I'm still day 1, baby.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
What is Marluxia's role even now? I saw him in a KH3 trailer for a bit, but I'm lost as to why he's still stalking Sora? He was my favorite Org. member so I wanted to know.

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
What is their excuse to keep visiting Disney worlds then?

Kingdom Hearts talks about the existence of many worlds. It happens that those many worlds are from Disney. I believe that instead of creating many worlds for a game, that's why they went to Disney and use the many franchises they have.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
What is Marluxia's role even now? I saw him in a KH3 trailer for a bit, but I'm lost as to why he's still stalking Sora? He was my favorite Org. member so I wanted to know.

Xehanort used his ridiculous OPness to snatch the darkest dudes in KH history from their time, possess them, and use as a replacement of the original Org. XIII. That even includes past versions of himself. Like Ansem and Xemnas

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand the story despite playing all the games except DDD. Can someone hook me up with a video or two explaining the story *well*? Someone linked me to one and the dude sounded like he was speaking another language. I clearly need a different video.
This one helped me as a series outsider at least:

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
We don't know what really happens when they reform with their new bodies. They could easily still have the powers they had but be reunited with their hearts.

Probably because they were the Nobodies for a while and enjoyed the person they become and what they had become. Their original names were who they were before and just because they are in those full forms again, they may simply prefer their new selves.
The returning Org members are all Nobodies again. This was confirmed by a Famitsu interview back in June.

Edit: The ones that were part of both the new and old Organization, I mean.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously though:
Is there anything special about a Kingdom Key and Sora as a Keyblade wielder or is he just one of many?
Sora isn't even really a Keyblade wielder, his Keyblade was meant for Riku, he was never really chosen. He can wield the Kingdom Key because Ventus heart is inside him. So there's nothing really special about either

^This is partly wrong. Sora doesn't wield a keyblade because of Ventus'. He possesses the ability to wield *2* because of Ventus' though.

Sora is special because he wasn't bequethed a keyblade. The keyblade's he initially has was meant for Riku(bequethed by Terra), but goes to Sora instead because Riku's hearts wavers in the darkness. The keyblade "decides" to stay with Sora in Hollow Bastion when it sees the power of Sora's heart. Because of this, he's specifically the Keyblade's chosen one instead of chosen by any previous master.

I believe Kingdom Key is mostly just symbolic of Sora. It's by far the keyblade that looks the most like a key, and he is called the key in many ways through out the story.

Key to solving whatever big problem is going on and being a key to opening and saving people's hearts. I think KK just represents that.

Riku later gets his own keyblade back when he once again becomes worthy. Whether this keyblade is the keyblade he got from Terra and the one Sora wields is a new/different one for him isn't really specified, but ultimately doesn't matter.

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
What exactly is kingdom hearts, and why does xehanort wants it it back?
It's the heart of all worlds and all people and ALL things. As such, it is very powerful. Summoning KH involves a conflict between Keyblade wielders (Keyblade War) so that an item known as the X-Blade can be called forth. It is through the X-Blade that KH can be accessed. Xehanort's motives are a little multifaceted and confusing IMO but it seems to be in two parts:
1- Xehanort was interested in the War of the past and wants to recreate it to see what lies in the aftermath.
2- Xehanort wants to summon KH so he can use the power to make the world as he pleases. He seems to believe that the realm has too strong an affinity with Light. If Xehanort gets his way he would likely plunge everything in Darkness.
I'm sure KH3 will make his intentions more clear.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
1537255211_668369_1537255484_sumario_normal.jpg

For all you who have skipped a game or two, or simply has no fucking idea what the hell is going on with the series ridiculously expanded lore beyond KH 1 and 2.

Now you can ask and get your answers before KHIII comes out!

And before you ask, Kingdom Hearts is like a door but also a moon

Add a retrospective video to your first post. It'll give new people a way to catch up.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
Then what happened to Isa
After KH2 Isa was revived and reappeared with Lea and Ansem's Apprentices at the lab in Radiant Garden, but they were all unconscious. Young Xehanort soon arrives by his time travel fuckery to grab Braig, and they also decide to snatch Isa up as well.

So the only former Organization members who are still their normal selves are Dilan, Aeleus, Ienzo, and Lea.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Xehanort used his ridiculous OPness to snatch the darkest dudes in KH history from their time, possess them, and use as a replacement of the original Org. XIII. That even includes past versions of himself. Like Ansem and Xemnas

This is wrong. Vanitas is explicitly from the present according to Nomura and has been resurrected.

Same with all the former Organization members aside from Xemnas.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
After KH2 Isa was revived and reappeared with Lea and Ansem's Apprentices at the lab in Radiant Garden, but they were all unconscious. Young Xehanort soon arrives by his time travel fuckery to grab Braig, and they also decide to snatch Isa up as well.

So the only former Organization members who are still their normal selves are Dilan, Aeleus, Ienzo, and Lea.

Huh. I thought the question of why Isa was working with the Org was going to be a big one.