• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
Huh. I thought the question of why Isa was working with the Org was going to be a big one.
There might still be something like that in KH3. The only thing we know for sure was that he was knocked out when he was taken away by Braig and Xehanort, and seemed a bit off when he showed up again (as Saix) at the end of DDD.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Why didn't Mickey save Aqua in the year long gap between KHCoM and KH2?

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
Why didn't Mickey save Aqua in the year long gap between KHCoM and KH2?
Mickey is definitely stupid but in fairness he never really stopped being busy. The Organization was on the move, Sora was asleep, and Riku had gone off on his own only to return after using the power of Darkness and taking the form of Xehanort's Heartless.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We don't know what really happens when they reform with their new bodies. They could easily still have the powers they had but be reunited with their hearts.

Probably because they were the Nobodies for a while and enjoyed the person they become and what they had become. Their original names were who they were before and just because they are in those full forms again, they may simply prefer their new selves.
That's still very much extrapolation and one I would still question. And the entire reason for the organization was for them to become more like their normal selves. I don't buy that excuse for just up and discarding their name. Doesn't make much sense at all. Also high ranking nobodies are said to be controlled by their respective Organization member, so there's a lot more implying that they're nobodies than them not. Besides, even if we were to ignore all of this, all signs indicate to nobodies being stronger than their somebodies, so I would certainly contest your initial excuse. Surely not enough to prove the idea of the inverse being the case (somebody overpowering the nobody).

Your answer depends on several assumptions many of which I don't see as likely especially given what has been blatantly shown and implied, which is why I posed the point initially. Again maybe I'm just jumping the gun, but based on what we know this feels like a weird inconsistency.

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is Vanitus a heartless and does that make Ventus a nobody?

Currently replaying BBS and can't remember thinking of this question

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Why does Xehanort need to make the 13 pieces of darkness all himself? If all of these pieces are willing why does he need to be all of them?

Also at the end of DDD when Young Xehanort says he's going back to his time, but not really because he obviously is still needed for Xehanort and is there when MX tries to enslave Sora. So what...?

Currently replaying BBS and can't remember thinking

Vanitus is the Darkness that was within Ventus' heart, so no as far as I know Ventus isn't a nobody.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is the mobile game going to tie more into post KH3 than KH3 itself?
For the most part, yes, but one character from the mobile game has already appeared in trailers for KH3, and other aspects were referenced / shown in Birth By Sleep 0.2. You'll probably still want to read up on its story, as it seems like it will end up tying into KH3 to some extent.
I've been told (without any spoilers) that chi is very important for understanding the ending of KH3. The brother of one of the main known leaker of the game disliked the ending partially due to this.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Why does Xehanort need to make the 13 pieces of darkness all himself? If all of these pieces are willing why does he need to be all of them?

Also at the end of DDD when Young Xehanort says he's going back to his time, but not really because he obviously is still needed for Xehanort and is there when MX tries to enslave Sora. So what...?

Vanitus is the Darkness that was within Ventus' heart, so no as far as I know Ventus isn't a nobody.
Ventus had been around for a long while. He was in the mobile game.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Roxas isn't. Neither is Xigbar.
Xigbar can definitely be argued (and hell Roxas can probably beat Ventus tbh), but those are just two out of thirteen. Xaldin and Marluxia, and likely Vexen definitely seem to be. Especially since they can each control their high ranking nobodies in addition to their added abilities.

Folie

Dec 16, 2017
Which are the best summary videos? Happy to watch multiple, don't need a definitive one. Bonus if it's more cutscenes/gameplay than someone doing a voiceover explaining stuff

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017

Currently replaying BBS and can't remember thinking of this question
No, he's just Ventus' darkness manifested.

They probably aren't all willing. And if a member is a Nobody then he probably has to put a piece of heart in them to make it work. It's just insurance to make sure the job is done right, I suppose.

Basically they're just having a time-out to come back later.

dimasok

Banned
Sep 9, 2018
I have 2.5, 3.5 and that last one for PS4 and I still cant get over that initial island in the first game lol

I hope I can get into KH3 enough to actually play the older games.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The chirthy(sp?) thingy and technically ventus,marluxia and larxene right?
I was just talking about Chirithy, but you're right. Ventus and the original human forms of Marluxia and Larxene are in KHx. As for the stuff in 0.2, Luxu appears at the very beginning with the No Name Keyblade, watching Kingdom Hearts appear at the end of the Keyblade War.

Last edited:

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
How can I catch up on all the relevant beats from Unchained/x/chi/whatever? Is there a YouTube video that doesn't leave anything important out?

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Why does Sora's nobody look like Ventus?

Why does Vanitas look like Sora?

Prior to the events of Birth By Sleep, Master Xehanort took out the darkness within Ventus' heart and it materialized as Vanitas, an humanoid creature without a face. When Ventus heart connected with a newborn heart, Sora, Vanitas' heart was also connected. In the span of 4 years, Vanitas appearance ended up resembling what would be Sora's appearance at the age of Ventus. If Riku was the person who connected to Ventus, Vanitas would have taken Riku's appearance instead.

At the end of BBS, Ventus heart was damaged by the confrontation of his inner light and darkness (Ventus vs Vanitas), and ended up seeking refuge inside Sora's heart, since they had already made a connection. Ventus' heart was kept inside Sora up to the first Kingdom Hearts. When Sora stabs himself, not only did he release Kairi's heart, but also Ventus, which ended up in Sora's nobody, Roxas. Roxas was the sole nobody that was already born with a heart, and that's why he could feel sentiments as early as he did, compared to the rest of Organization XIII, which took time to grew their new hearts.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Why does Sora's nobody look like Ventus?

Why does Vanitas look like Sora?
Splitting in two damaged Ventus's heart, which almost killed him. Master Xehanort brought him to Destiny Islands to pass on peacefully, however, Ventus's heart came in contact with Sora's heart, who helped heal him. This connection affected Vanitas's appearance.

After his final battle with Vanitas, Ventus's heart fell into sleep and once again joined Sora's heart to recuperate. Sora continued to unknowingly carry around Ventus's sleeping heart for next ten years. Once Sora split into Heartless and Nobody, Ventus's heart went to the newly formed Roxas, which made him resemble Ven. This is also why Roxas could use two Keyblades, as the pain Roxas felt at Xion's death caused Ven's sleeping heart to react and let Roxas use Ven's Keyblade in addition to Sora's.

Deleted member 12186

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was just talking about Chirithy, but you're right. Ventus and the original human forms of Marluxia and Larxene are in KHx. As for the stuff in 0.2, Luxu appears at the very beginning with the No Name Keyblade, watching Kingdom Hearts appear when Xehanort and Vanitas fight Terra, Ven, and Aqua at the end of Birth By Sleep.
I feel like I've seen the scene for the latter, what do I search? Otherwise I'm pretty up to date, going to watch some refreshers. The only thing I relied 100% on vids would be the mobile game stuff.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I've seen the scene for the latter, what do I search? Otherwise I'm pretty up to date, going to watch some refreshers. The only thing I relied 100% on vids would be the mobile game stuff.

How can I catch up on all the relevant beats from Unchained/x/chi/whatever? Is there a YouTube video that doesn't leave anything important out?

First ten Episodes go through what may be relevant in Kingdom Hearts 3.

Absent Breeze

Oct 25, 2017
I was just talking about Chirithy, but you're right. Ventus and the original human forms of Marluxia and Larxene are in KHx. As for the stuff in 0.2, Luxu appears at the very beginning with the No Name Keyblade, watching Kingdom Hearts appear when Xehanort and Vanitas fight Terra, Ven, and Aqua at the end of Birth By Sleep.
So minor correction, but pretty sure this is from the aftermath of the first keyblade war because by this point Xehanort had already been using the no name keyblade while fighting against Terra. Also the master of masters said that the no name keyblade would successfully be passed down from Luxu to his apprentices so by the time the Terra xehanort battle is happening the keyblade has already been passed down through many generations.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
During the mid segment of DDD, why does Yen Sid and Mickey keep talking about Xehanort being at Destiny Island? What's the importance of that?

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
During the mid segment of DDD, why does Yen Sid and Mickey keep talking about Xehanort being at Destiny Island? What's the importance of that?
It allowed Young Xehanort the ability to travel back in time to the Destiny Islands, they were pointing on how Xehanorts Heartless was there which allowed that to happen.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
So minor correction, but pretty sure this is from the aftermath of the first keyblade war because by this point Xehanort had already been using the no name keyblade while fighting against Terra. Also the master of masters said that the no name keyblade would successfully be passed down from Luxu to his apprentices so by the time the Terra xehanort battle is happening the keyblade has already been passed down through many generations.
You're totally right, sorry. I always connected it with BBS rather than the Keyblade War due to it being in 0.2, but the end of the War makes a lot more sense.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
It's the heart of all worlds and all people and ALL things. As such, it is very powerful. Summoning KH involves a conflict between Keyblade wielders (Keyblade War) so that an item known as the X-Blade can be called forth. It is through the X-Blade that KH can be accessed. Xehanort's motives are a little multifaceted and confusing IMO but it seems to be in two parts:
1- Xehanort was interested in the War of the past and wants to recreate it to see what lies in the aftermath.
2- Xehanort wants to summon KH so he can use the power to make the world as he pleases. He seems to believe that the realm has too strong an affinity with Light. If Xehanort gets his way he would likely plunge everything in Darkness.
I'm sure KH3 will make his intentions more clear.
Wait, why does starting the war summon the Keyblade that opens kingdom hearts? It's it like a failsafe or something?

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
10 episodes, each 20+ minutes sounds like...a lot.

Thanks though! I guess I can make my way through them slowly...

It's a bit bloated due to gameplay sections in future parts. It combines the movie and the mobile game together in the most coherent fashion. There may be quicker summaries out there, but i'm not sure.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
What are the unversed exactly?
Vanitas is Ventus's darkness if I understand correctly. Is there anything special about Ventus or could anyone have something like Vanitas?

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Why did Young Xehanort want to be at Destiny Island?
To basically hijack the Mark of Mastery exam Sora and Riku were taking in an attempt to enslave Sora as one of the 13 pieces of Darkness.

What are the unversed exactly?
Vanitas is Ventus's darkness if I understand correctly. Is there anything special about Ventus or could anyone have something like Vanitas?

Unversed are physical manifestations of Vanitas' darkness. I'm not totally sure on the answer to your second part.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Okay so isn't Roxas just ventus but without his memories, or is he his own being that just happens to take his form because of the impact of sora having more than 1 heart.

If the plan is for 13 beings of darkness to fight 7 warriors of light..... Why wouldn't they just do their best not to match the number. I mean the x blade needs 13 and 7 so just not playing the game seems like a better plan.

At the end of ddd I'm confident that Riku x sora is a canon ship, not a question just needed to say it.

The only game in the series I truly didn't pay any attention to was recoded so explain the concept of data to me. Because apparently data was transferred into sora and sora may or may not have memories of data sora? I'm confused

Oh and how did the xenoanourt time travel? We defeated those forms but they didn't die so did he pull them from their timelines or is it just the key blade isn't actually capable of killing.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Okay so isn't Roxas just ventus but without his memories, or is he his own being that just happens to take his form because of the impact of sora having more than 1 heart.

If the plan is for 13 beings of darkness to fight 7 warriors of light..... Why wouldn't they just do their best not to match the number. I mean the x blade needs 13 and 7 so just not playing the game seems like a better plan.

At the end of ddd I'm confident that Riku x sora is a canon ship, not a question just needed to say it.

The only game in the series I truly didn't pay any attention to was recoded so explain the concept of data to me. Because apparently data was transferred into sora and sora may or may not have memories of data sora? I'm confused

You mean not having the 7 warriors of light? Its stated that if they don't put up a fight as the 7, then Xehanort will go after the 7 Princesses of Heart which will essentially accomplish the same goal. So they decide to fight.

Data that you're referring to first is the data within Jiminy's journal, the data became corrupt due to Namine and they had to go into the Journal with a Data version of Sora to find out wtf was going on. The data that was transferred to Sora was done so by Ansem when he was sleeping waiting for his memories to restore. It apparently holds the data to save everyone or something. Riku pulled this data out back to the real world when he saved Sora from being enslaved to Xehanort.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Everyone says that 90% of Recoded is not important, so what's that remaining 10% that I need to know about Recoded for the narrative?

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
The latter. Roxas only looks like Ventus because of the connection that Sora and Ventus have. Otherwise, Roxas and Ventus are two separate individuals.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Everyone says that 90% of Recoded is not important, so what's that remaining 10% that I need to know about Recoded for the narrative?

Mickey finds out from a Data version of Namine that she discovered other peoples memories when repairing Sora. She shows these people who Sora will need to save from suffering to Mickey who relays the information to Sora in the real world. Maleficent and Pete get trapped in the data world at some point and learn of the data of all worlds, this comes into play later at the end of Dream Drop where they come to Mickeys castle and want the data of all the worlds. They also learn again of Ansem planting data in Sora as a sort of payment for his sins.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I said this a couple weeks ago in the KH community thread, but again, why is Terra still possessed by Xehanort after KH1? Xehanort used his heart to posses Terra. Than sometime after BBS and before KH1, Xehanort removed his heart from Terra's body. Therefore the logical and simple thing to say is that the villain in KH1 is just Master Xehanort's heart turned into a heartless (which is why he's dressed the same, has the same kind of personality, and looks like a young version of MX while looking nothing like Terra) and the villain in KH2 is just a corrupted Terra with amnesia.

Instead, Xemnas is some bizarre Terra/Xehanort hybrid despite theoretically no longer being possessed by Xehanort. I'm actually not sure about Xehanort's heartless, so is there anything that says that he is also supposed to be part Terra despite having no resemblance whatsoever to Terra?

Additionally, why is the time-travelled Xehanort heartless working as an underling for the human Master Xehanort in DDD and KH3 when he's apparently the guy who set everything up in the first place?

Last edited:

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
Wait, why does starting the war summon the Keyblade that opens kingdom hearts? It's it like a failsafe or something?
It didn't always seem that way. The first War was said to be fought in order to claim the X-Blade. Somehow, after the original Keyblade War the X-Blade was broken into 7 pieces of Light and 13 pieces of Darkness. Xehanort's battle pits these numbers against each other to recreate it.
The strange thing about the first Keyblade War (Seen in the mobile game) is that the X-Blade is neither appears nor is mentioned. The battle also seemed to be fought over suspicion and ownership of the light (Lux) the wielder factions were collecting. It honestly feels like there will be some twist in that regard in either KH3 or the mobile game later on but that's another issue.