• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
1537255211_668369_1537255484_sumario_normal.jpg

For all you who have skipped a game or two, or simply has no fucking idea what the hell is going on with the series ridiculously expanded lore beyond KH 1 and 2.

Now you can ask and get your answers before KHIII comes out!

And before you ask, Kingdom Hearts is like a door but also a moon

Edit: Here is a handy retrospect video

Last edited:

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
When exactly they stop giving a fuck to Disney plot and turned into an orgy of Nomura's OCs?

Heatster101

Oct 27, 2017
Any good YT vids to watch for people who haven't played any of the previous ones before they jump into KHIII

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
- Where exactly is Terra's body now?? I get that Xehanort took over his boy but doesnt that mean MAster Xeharnort should be young?? Is Terra Xehanort just another version of Xehanort that exists alongside Young Xehanort, Master Xehanort?
- Also if Sora entered the pod at the end of Chain of Memories in Castle Oblivion, how the heck did he get to Twilight Town? Did Diz move him there?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Any good YT vids to watch for people who haven't played any of the previous ones before they jump into KHIII
The old Game Trailers one is good, and covers the entire series up until Dream Drop Distance. So the only stuff it's missing is Birth By Sleep 0.2: A Fragmentary Passage and anything relating to the mobile game Kingdom Hearts x (including the Back Cover film that pertains to it). https://youtu.be/xm-NoyqzGkY

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
- Where exactly is Terra's body now?? I get that Xehanort took over his boy but doesnt that mean MAster Xeharnort should be young??
- Also if Sora entered the pod at the end of Chain of Memories in Castle Oblivion, how the heck did he get to Twilight Town? Did Diz move him there?

It feels like Terra's body and heart were taken captive by Master Xehanort's heart, but his mind/spirit linger in his armor left behind (which is the secret boss Sora fights). Anyone correct me if I'm wrong

Tengrave

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
The Luxu black case that's in back cover. I don't remember it in anything else. Am I missing anything about it yet?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Is the mobile game going to tie more into post KH3 than KH3 itself?
For the most part, yes, but one character from the mobile game has already appeared in trailers for KH3, and other aspects were referenced / shown in Birth By Sleep 0.2. You'll probably still want to read up on its story, as it seems like it will end up tying into KH3 to some extent.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Still confused as to how Teenonort can exist in the same time as present Xehanort. So he got all the Xehanort together from the past and brought them to the present, but why is he still able to exist when everyone else disappeared...or did I miss something.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
I've always been confused on this. What exactly is Kingdom Hearts?

Lol yeah this always gets me too. Its the title of the game but it's hard to explain. So it's the place where all hearts go, but then Ansem believed its filled with Darkness while Xemnas wanted to create and artificial Kingdom Hearts...so I would like a really simple answer to this question too, if it exists ;p

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like Terra's body and heart were taken captive by Master Xehanort's heart, but his mind/spirit linger in his armor left behind (which is the secret boss Sora fights). Anyone correct me if I'm wrong

I get that. My question is Terra's body. I know Terra Xehanort is a thing we've seen even in KH3 from the trailers. MAster Xehanort took over the body in BBS but we still see he has his body in KH3. So does that mean he only uses the body in certain circumstances?

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Why the organization XIII members that i vanquished on KH2 are back on KH3?

Why is dark Riku on KH3?

Are Final Fantasy characters coming back to KH3?

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've always been confused on this. What exactly is Kingdom Hearts?

According to the wiki, it's the heart of all worlds, and the ultimate source of power and wisdom.

In a way, it's kinda like the Force from Star Wars: it's the essence that makes the universe whole.

Kinda a silly question on my part, but do we know how long Kingdom Hearts III set after II? A year? A few months?

Just curious.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I get that. My question is Terra's body. I know Terra Xehanort is a thing we've seen even in KH3 from the trailers. MAster Xehanort took over the body in BBS but we still see he has his body in KH3. So does that mean he only uses the body in certain circumstances?
Why the organization XIII members that i vanquished on KH2 are back on KH3?

Why is dark Riku on KH3?

Are Final Fantasy characters coming back to KH3?

I have to imagine Terra's body is comatose somewhere as his spirit is inside the lingering will since Xehanort returned to being his old self after the defeat of his heartless and nobody.. That's just an assumption though, and I hope KH3 actually gives a definitive answer.

When a person's heartless and nobody is defeated they return to life as who they were before being turned into a heartless.

There's three Riku's in Kh3. Regular Riku who is sill good and both Data Riku from Coded and the Riku replica from Chain of memories which are working with Xehanort. They're back via time travel.

At the very least Moogles should be.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
What's in the box?

Seriously though:
Where did Demyx, Luxord, Larxene, and Luxord come from? Are they all norted?
What exactly is the XKeyblade and how is it connected to Kingdom Key D?
Is there anything special about a Kingdom Key and Sora as a Keyblade wielder or is he just one of many?
Where did Ven's armor come from at the end of DDD?

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017

Isn't this kind of the same as the Riku-Ansem thing where he 'gave in' to the tiny piece of Ansem living inside of his heart, thus taking the appearance of Ansem. Kind of assumed it's the same thing with Terra. Terra still exists inside that body, so it's that bit of him that changes the appearance.

frankabus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So I don't really remember the particulars, but at the end of DDD, I believe all the different Xehanort incarnations returned to their own time periods because of (reasons?). Why are they able to manifest in KH3 when they couldn't stay around permanently in DDD? Presuming Old Xehanort is the REAL one that actually belongs to present day (since after taking down Ansem in KH1 and Xemnas in KH2, he was reformed whole), what allows the others to act independently?

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I have to imagine Terra's body is comatose somewhere as his spirit is inside the lingering will since Xehanort returned to being his old self after the defeat of his heartless and nobody.. That's just an assumption though, and I hope KH3 actually gives a definitive answer.

When a person's heartless and nobody is defeated they return to life as who they were before being turned into a heartless.

There's three Riku's in Kh3. Regular Riku who is sill good and both Data Riku from Coded and the Riku replica from Chain of memories which are working with Xehanort. They're back via time travel.

At the very least Moogles should be.
Terra-Xehanort is the one who went to Ansem, learned how to create heartless, which he did to himself. When "Ansem" and the Heartless Xehanort died, Terra-Xehanort came back to life.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand the story despite playing all the games except DDD. Can someone hook me up with a video or two explaining the story *well*? Someone linked me to one and the dude sounded like he was speaking another language. I clearly need a different video.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
So is Ventus waking up or whatever going to be a major plot point going in KH3? (Speculating of course)
Is he currently asleep? Did I mix this up with something else?

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

Aqua
Terra
Riku
Kairi
Ansem the Wise
Mickey
Donald
Goofy
Chip
Dale
Maleficent
Pete

To name a few

What's in the box?

Seriously though:

Where did Demyx, Luxord, Larxene, and Luxord come from? Are they all norted?

What exactly is the XKeyblade and how is it connected to Kingdom Key D?

Is there anything special about a Kingdom Key and Sora as a Keyblade wielder or is he just one of many?

Where did Ven's armor come from at the end of DDD?

Demyx and Luxord are just random strong Nobodies as far as we know

Larxene's somebody, Elrena, lived during the Keyblade War alongside Lauriam (Marluxia) That's why it's speculated Xehanort took interest in them

The X-Blade is the most powerful Keyblade, capable of opending the true Kingdom Hearts at any moment, no relation to the Kingdom Key D.

Sora isn't even really a Keyblade wielder, his Keyblade was meant for Riku, he was never really chosen. He can wield the Kingdom Key because Ventus heart is inside him. So there's nothing really special about either

Ventus armor was "summoned" by Ventus heart to protect Sora. A wizard did it. But it was fucking cool

Last edited:

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nice idea for a thread! Something I don't get is the fact that in DDD iirc Xehanort mentioned that most of the Org XIII was "unfit" to serve as vessels for him, which is why he has to resort to time travel and finding other versions of himself... And yet from what we've seen in KH3 a vast majority of them return. Only 5 of the members aren't there any more, and 1 of them he wanted to return (Roxas).

Sure it's not everyone, but really feels like a retcon unless there's something I'm forgetting.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nice idea for a thread! Something I don't get is the fact that in DDD iirc Xehanort mentioned that most of the Org XIII was "unfit" to serve as vessels for him, which is why he has to resort to time travel and finding other versions of himself... And yet from what we've seen in KH3 a vast majority of them return. Only 5 of the members aren't there any more, and 1 of them he wanted to return (Roxas).

Sure it's not everyone, but really feels like a retcon unless there's something I'm forgetting.
They all return but aren't all vessels from my understanding. He uses them to do his bidding.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
What is their excuse to keep visiting Disney worlds then?
In the plot it's just a lot of "oh, this world is being attacked by Heartless" or "the organisation went here" or "these worlds are sleeping so you need to wake them up for your exam". The Disney worlds still have their own little stories, but are more self contained. Usually you play out something based on the movies plot.

While KH1 had the council of Disney Villains and their plot with the princesses that spanned the worlds, the other games have kinda just dropped that. Maleficent is still around and hopping worlds but isn't all that involved or anything.

The other reason, is it's just what KH is, so you have the Disney stuff because it's a Disney game but there isn't real any importance to those places. Like, you could make a KH game and not have any Disney stuff and the plot wouldn't really be affected.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Master of Masters a good guy that had the foresight to see the Keyblade War would show the perseverance of his disciples and their ilk lacking or a villain that used them in order to unleash the power of that Chi-Blade(?) in the end? Are we expecting to see them in Kingdom Hearts 3 since they disappeared?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They all return but aren't all vessels from my understanding. He uses them to do his bidding.
They all have the yellow eyes though (which is generally used as an indication of Xehanort corrupting someone), and based on the detective work I and others have done, all of them seem to be represented via chess pieces.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
-I played the 3ds game but don't remember a lot of it. SOme time travel is involved i think but why are so may dead characters back in KH3?

-Are the heartless still a thing really? I think in 2 i got the impression that they were chumps compared to the nobodies and just kind of pawns in the end.

-So the nobodies wanted kingdom hearts to regain their feelings? And the guy in the first game wanted it to spread darkness i think> But it was actually light so it killed him i think? So its both or neither??? Also the noboides clearly had feelings. Like i know you can say they were just pretending but no they had feelings like cmon lol.

-Why bother bringing xion back?

-Why did riku transform into ansem and then jk power of friendship turned him back?

-What exactly is the method for getting kingdom hearts. Is it collecting loads of hearts or was it gathering the princesses in the first game?

-Why are ansems research people so important?

-Why does xehanort need a vessel. And why does he seem to be an unkillable god of some sort? Like i remember the latest trailer seemed to imply with chess and whatnot that he was some machivillain mastermind that schemed everything to this point but fuck theres no way he could have predicted half this shit without seeing into the future.

-So the guy speaking to the animal people is the real real bad guy i guess. Ok...who is he again?

Tagged just in case but lol i haven't thought about the series in a long ass time.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They all have the yellow eyes though (which is generally used as an indication of Xehanort corrupting someone), and based on the detective work I and others have done, all of them seem to be represented via chess pieces.
Another theory is that they weren't powerful enough as Heartless but when they were made whole again, some were.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is the Master of Masters a good guy that had the foresight to see the Keyblade War would show the perseverance of his disciples and their ilk lacking or a villain that used them in order to unleash the power of that Chi-Blade(?) in the end? Are we expecting to see them in Kingdom Hearts 3 since they disappeared?
We don;t know yet. Nomura has confirmed we won't be seeing the MoM in KH3. He'll be a player in the next story arc.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

He's probably a bad guy and his true intentions are unknown. Probably won't appear in KH3.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Another theory is that they weren't powerful enough as Heartless but when they were made whole again, some were.
They weren't heartlesses, they were nobodies. And as far as we know the ones that were brought back in KH3 should be their nobodies again as those were the ones infected by Xehanort. They also refer to themselves as their nobody names and control their respective nobodies.

If the infection bleeds into the somebody that would open up a way bigger can of worms as Lauraim and Elrena existed during the Keyblade War which you would think Xehanort would have just traveled back then if he could do so from the beginning.