• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
I am not a fan of RPGs and never played a KH game before. However, I am excited about KH3 because of the Toy Story part. So I don't know if this will end up well for me.

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
Did that leaker ever suggest there was a recap video in the options or something? If not.......thay can't be right to have that there lol
There is a couple of recap videos from my understanding that covers the most critical points. Then there's the memory compendium, with loads of text about the previous journeys.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Did that leaker ever suggest there was a recap video in the options or something? If not.......thay can't be right to have that there lol
SE has already said that KH3 includes recap videos for the previous games. I believe they've been available to watch in Japanese on SE's YouTube channel for a while now, but I don't have a link to any translations handy.

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My bud linked me a half hour story recap. Felt like a 30 minute longer version of that video game dunkey recap video he did. This story is such a mess I'm more and more happy to consider KH1, CoM, and KH2 as a complete trilogy.

Aquova

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
My bud linked me a half hour story recap. Felt like a 30 minute longer version of that video game dunkey recap video he did. This story is such a mess I'm more and more happy to consider KH1, CoM, and KH2 as a complete trilogy.
You really aren't wrong. KH1, CoM, and KH2 really had their own nice little story that felt resolved. The bad guys were all defeated, and the good guys got to go home. 358/2 helped flesh everything out and that's fine. BBS should've been the start of a new arc (and maybe that was the intention at first?), but DDD really convoluted everything. I enjoy answering questions on here to help people understand the plot, but don't get me wrong, I think the plot of DDD is real trash and it's the whole reason KH3's plot will probably be a mess too. None (and I mean none) of the story or character arcs are resolved now, literally everybody who was dead in the series is back alive which removes all the stakes. It honestly feels like they simply weren't able to come up with new convincing villains, so they decided to bring back all of the old ones via either time travel or just unexplained reincarnation, and the worst part is for some characters you don't even know which it is. I came to terms with the state of the series a while ago, and I'm ready and excited for KH3, but I completely understand people who look at the series and roll their eyes.

Deleted member 35011

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Oh yeah about the keyblade ritual...it happens by just touching the blade while the original wielder is also holding it right? Intent is not even necessary? Like that's what Kairi did.

So aside from Disney-rights and shit, what about Jack Sparrow?

Also meta question: have there been talks about whether FF or Disney characters can become keyblade wielders or are they limiting it to Mickey and nobody else?

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Where does the part of sora going to train to the Colosseum comes from? Cant remember what game that came from

btw best recap around

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah about the keyblade ritual...it happens by just touching the blade while the original wielder is also holding it right? Intent is not even necessary? Like that's what Kairi did.

So aside from Disney-rights and shit, what about Jack Sparrow?
The original wielder has to have the skill level of a master for it to work, and the receiver has to have an unusually strong heart.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for the third game, I love the main series (explicitly, 1 and 2), but I can't hold with whatever non-sense the larger story of KH is and I enjoy my time with it in spite of the larger scope of the story and not in part because of it.

But I'm sure this thread will be very useful for those who feel differently.

(I mean, seriously, when even recap videos like the one above are difficult to parse, you know you've run afoul some pretty horrible decision-making with regards to characters and plot).

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Basically, yeah. Keyblades have no loyalty. If a Keyblade Master lets you touch it, and it likes you, it's all yours.

Talax

Oct 27, 2017
Still confused as to how Teenonort can exist in the same time as present Xehanort. So he got all the Xehanort together from the past and brought them to the present, but why is he still able to exist when everyone else disappeared...or did I miss something.
My inclination is that he can pull them forward from their own times but only for so long. The idea there being that if THIS particular instance of his plan (the 7 vs the 13) fails a second time in KH3, they'll return to their own timelines much like in DDD, and he'll have to rev up those fryers again for a 3rd shot.

This is the only thing that bugs me. What Master Xehanort says in DDD makes it all seem like a one time event and now he'll have to get other people. Then come KH3 trailers and they show Xemnas and Young Master Xehanort. First time I ever got confused regarding the lore

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
So I've watched the Union Cross recap movies.

I think the general flow of the story is pretty clear but the details of it get pretty complicated once you're into Unchained/UX territory IMO.
First, if I understand all of this correctly:

- Far in the past, all worlds were connected, just super far away so nobody realized they were connected,
- In Daybreak Town, the MoM has 6 disciples and basically foretells the end of this world of light,
- He gives a prophecy book to 5 of his disciples and while nothing is certain it appears that he manipulates them into provoking a war they were supposed to avoid, while the 6th watches everything unfold for MoM who has effectively disappeared (but is observing through the eye of his Keyblade, which he gave to the 6th disciple, who is in turn supposed to pass it down - and he will all the way till Xehanort),
- Trying to avoid the war, the 5 disciples recruit Keyblade holders for their union, who are to hunt for "Lux" by defeating Heartless by going through recreations of world (made by the MoM),
- One of the disciples, Ava, creates the Dandelions, an organisation in which she recruits keyblade wielders who are survive the war - guiding them to a dream version of the world in which the war won't happen, and handing down a rulebook to 5 people who are to become the new leaders,
- War happens as planned and everyone disappears/dies including the 5 foretellers - among which Ava, who had a breakdown following a revelation by Luxu, the sixth disciple, and came to wish she had never created the Dandelions.

T H E E N D
- Right before you die in the Keyblade War, you are saved by your friends Ephemer and Skuld, who had already enlisted into the Dandelions and guide you to the dream world,
- Those two happen to be among the 5 new leaders, and are joined by Lauriam (pre-Nobody Marluxia), Ventus (who is suspiciously out of place) and Brain (biggest mystery of the five). One of those is likely a traitor and the person who killed Lauriam's sister and stole her rulebook just before the war broke out,
- Save for the leaders, everyone seems amnesiac in the dream world save for the 5 new leaders,
- The amnesiac Dandelions are relieving the entire chi story, complete with the foretellers and their fights, except the war never breaks out and the happy hunt for Lux goes on forever,
- The worlds made by the MoM don't exist in the dream so the hunt for Lux actually occurs in data simulations of those worlds similarly to what happens in Coded, complete with data copies of the Dandelions visiting those data worlds (except they don't realize they're not themselves? Unsure)
- Problem: the amensiacs are having nightmares of the real world, as if they were reliving the entire struggle in its entirety every single night
- The new leaders - who are all pretty suspicious and with ongoing stories of their own, are trying to figure out a solution.
- Lauriam's sister was killed by someone who stole the rulebook she got from Ava, and is likely among the 5 new leaders. Lauriam is currently investigating her disappearance (he knows she was supposed to be a Dandelion) with not-Larxene - and both are a tad suspicious. They've learned that Skuld was seen with the player character's, who Lauriam's sister was infatuated with and happens to be the only lead to her disappearance,
- Brain is the most suspicious one among the new leaders, we know nothing about his agenda. Might be a red herring.
- Ventus is supposedly the real Ventus, which means we'll probably learn at some point about how and why he came to time-travel to BBS's time. Dude's also pretty suspicious, it's likely he doesn't have a rulebook,
- Rulebook has some strange stuff like the rule about how they should have wielders fighting each other.

Someone tells me if I'm wrong.

Now for some questions I have:
- Why did the Lux hunt happened in illusionary worlds created by the MoM when everything was supposedly connected to begin with?
- What is the difference between those, the dream worlds, and data worlds?
- Do we have any idea of what the Dandelions' leaders engame is? Surely they don't intend on staying in the dream world forever? Or maybe they are and we should consider their story separate from the main story/MoM plot from now on?
- What is the importance behind Maleficient's scene in the latest update. I just don't get it.

This is all fascinating, I wonder how much of it will really impact KHIII as this looks more like a setup for another story arc.

Feb 5, 2018
It makes sense that Marluxia and Larxene are norted specifically because they both had their own plan above the previous Org XIII. They tried to rise above and surpass the goal that the Org had. They tried to take matters into their own hands.

Because of this, they are strong candidates to be true enemies / Org Members now. Because their will / intentions were so strong in a time when Xemnas was their leader. They surpassed that aspect, if that makes sense... And went on to survive and continue in the true Org XIII of darkness

Yeah? But why Demyx over someone like Xaldin, who hasnt been shown to be Norted in trailers? Demyx was a complete coward.

In fact, that's one of my biggest questions. Why arent Xaldin and Lexaeus norted? Xaldin is clearly one of the most evil members of the organization and both members were loyal until the end, unlike Marluxia, Larxene, and Saix (who confuses me the most due to 358's scenes)

I get Vexen, due to his knowledge with the Replica program (and both Xion and likely Riku Replica are returning this game), and it seems Zexion (Ienzo) is either being captured for some reason or another, but both Xaldin and Lexaeus are suspiciously missing (both guards for Ansem the wise) after waking in DDD from any trailer.

Everyone else is accounted for save for these 2.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
- Why did the Lux hunt happened in illusionary worlds created by the MoM when everything was supposedly connected to begin with?
- Do we have any idea of what the Dandelions' leaders engame is? Surely they don't intend on staying in the dream world forever? Or maybe they are and we should consider their story separate from the main story/MoM plot from now on?
- What is the importance behind Maleficient's scene in the latest update. I just don't get it.
  • It's just convenient to have the projections guide the Keyblade wielders into gathering lots of Lux quickly, instead of having them wander aimlessly.
  • The projected worlds are in real world locations. The dream world is where the Dandelions were sent after the war to forget everything. The data worlds are the Disney worlds inside the dream world, because they can't make new projections.
  • Just following what the rulebook says for now. I'd assume they'd leave once the Dandelions lose every trace of their old war memories.
  • Explaining Maleficent's resurrection in KH2. That's it. Nomura has a bit of a habit of a having scenes in his games dedicated to nothing but resolving some of the more random parts of KH2's story.

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the answer. I see that I may be thinking too much about some of this.

I'm really looking for new UX updates now!
Not sure I want to actually play the game though...

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
The only real thing I need to catch up on is the mobile games. After playing through each game initially (first was when the first HD collection can't out on PS3) I went back over every report and basically every cutscene of importance before going to the next one, and after I played the lot I basically watched all the cutscenes again (oh to have that type of time on my hands these days). I watched Back Cover too but I'm not really convinced that is enough without properly looking at videos of what was in the mobile games too or since then. Is the video from the last page (or the updated one a few referred to) the best one or at least one that will cover it all?

Oh I forgot I actually downloaded the game so that I could get that free keyblade in KH3 from playing the mini-games. Can I still do that or is it too late?

Deleted member 19782

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why do the villains never change their appearance like Sora does based on the world they are currently in? For example, Sora being a toy in the Toy Story world but that organization fellow maintaining his original appearance.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017

I think the general flow of the story is pretty clear but the details of it get pretty complicated once you're into Unchained/UX territory IMO.

The bit about Ava having a breakdown and wishing she never created the Dandelions is incorrect. Nothing even implies such things occurred.

The worlds in chi were created by the Book of Prophecies. They are worlds that do not naturally exist in that time period.
Now that using the book is no longer an option, they are relying on data backups of worlds that were and weren't recreated it. Like coded, within these data worlds are data of its inhabitants, but only the Union leaders are fully aware of their nature.

They have already established a solution for the nightmares: giving each player a Spirit companion so it can devour the nightmares.

Ven has a rulebook. We've seen him pulling out his copy and he claims to have read it. However, whether it's due to his young age, inexperience or some other reason, he doesn't seem to fully comprehend what's stated in the book and needs the others to explain things to him.

Ephemer explains it in his introduction scene. Even though the worlds are all connected by land, it's impossible to travel to all of them. It's basically out of convenience.

There are three established locations in the KHX series:
- the real world (where chi takes place)
- an unspecified realm (where Ephemer was sent to after he went missing)
- the "new" world (where the Dandelions escaped to). May very well be a Sleeping World, but is unclear.

The Dandelions' purpose is to survive and carry on the legacy.

The Maleficent scene explains her random revival in KH2 and her knowledge of data worlds, which will hopefully lead into whatever she's doing in KH3.

Zerokingx

Oct 29, 2017
Why do the villains never change their appearance like Sora does based on the world they are currently in? For example, Sora being a toy in the Toy Story world but that organization fellow maintaining his original appearance.
Thats cause Donald is the one to change there appearance to help them fit the worlds and the villains dont really care about that rule

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How did Organization XIII return to their normal bodies hen we never defeated their heartless?
But we did
sWtId70.png

/s

SebTheCat

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain Replica Riku please?

Like what are his origins and how is he in Kingdom Heart 3.

I take from the trailers he's probably aligned with Xehanort since he seems norted (yellow eyes in big hero 6 trailer).

Also why does he look like Riku from near the end of KH1 when he was "possessed" by Ansem with the weird suit?

Is he another case of someone plucked from the past and near the end of KH1 is his origin point?

Arih

Jan 19, 2018
As someone that only played KH 1 and 2 as a teen, barely understood the story of those 2 but liked the moment to moment stories, will i understand wth is going on in KH3?

Senator Rains

Oct 27, 2017

I take from the trailers he's probably aligned with Xehanort since he seems norted (yellow eyes in big hero 6 trailer).

Also why does he look like Riku from near the end of KH1 when he was "possessed" by Ansem with the weird suit?

Is he another case of someone plucked from the past and near the end of KH1 is his origin point?

He is a replica of Riku made by Vexen using Riku's data in Castle Oblivion. Naminé implanted the replica with memories of Kairi and fooled him into fighting Sora.

He looks young because the he was created when Riku was young. I don't think he was brought in from the past (as per Xehanort's rules). I think he was just repourposed.

As someone that only played KH 1 and 2 as a teen, barely understood the story of those 2 but liked the moment to moment stories, will i understand wth is going on in KH3?

Propbably not. The story advanced so much in the "side games" that you'll be seeing a lot of new characters and plot points. If you're asking if it will still be charming, I'd say yes!

Oct 25, 2017
Do i need to play 2.8 before 3?
I still didn't bought it because it wasn't discounted enough (I had 3 pre-order), and i want to get "the story so far" compilation at some point.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

He's from Chain of Memories. Vexen created a replica of Riku in Castle Oblivion, then the other Organization members had the Replica undergo the same memory modifications as Sora so that they would both become obsessed with and fight over Naminé.

Eventually the Replica was so different from Riku that the others encouraged him to live as his own unique person, rather than living as a throwaway Riku clone. But he couldn't manage it and eventually confronted Riku, who fought and defeated him.

So the KH3 Replica is either:
  • lifted from the point of his creation (pre-memory meddling)
  • lifted from right before he fights Riku (most powerful but also most conflicted)
  • newly created by Vexen using the data he gathered back in Castle Oblivion
Do i need to play 2.8 before 3?
I still didn't bought it because it wasn't discounted enough (I had 3 pre-order), and i want to get "the story so far" compilation at some point.

I don't think you need to, no. It's a nice side story explaining where Aqua's been all this time, and has some good character moments, but it isn't covered in Squenix's official recap videos so I'd say it's optional. Any reveals in it are just confirmations of things other games already hinted at.

It's still a fun game, though, and it uses a proto-KH3 engine, so you can definitely look forward to playing it once you get the compilation!

Last edited:

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Probably not. There have been two main games worth of story advancement since then (Birth By Sleep, Dream Drop Distance), and then some more stuff from games like 358/2 Days, Re:coded, A Fragmentary Passage, and Union Cross.

At the very least, you'll want to watch one of the many recaps posted in this thread (or the recaps that are included with the game). Kingdom Hearts III is not a sequel to just Kingdom Hearts II— in one way or another, it's a sequel to every game that came before it.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
He's from Chain of Memories. Vexen created a replica of Riku in Castle Oblivion, then the other Organization members had the Replica undergo the same memory modifications as Sora so that they would both becomes obsessed with and fight over Naminé.

Eventually the Replica was so different from Riku that the others encouraged him to live as his own unique person, rather than living as a throwaway Riku clone. But he couldn't manage it and eventually confronted Riku, who fought and defeated him.

• lifted from right before he fights Riku (most powerful but also most conflicted)
  • newly created by Vexen using the data he gathered back in Castle Oblivion

Is he Riku Replica though? There's theories he could be Data Riku (From ReCoded). It'd explain all the bug blox that are shown in the BH6 world which happens to be where this Riku shows up at least once.

Last edited:

SebTheCat

Oct 27, 2017
He is a replica of Riku made by Vexen using Riku's data in Castle Oblivion. Naminé implanted the replica with memories of Kairi and fooled him into fighting Sora.

He looks young because the he was created when Riku was young. I don't think he was brought in from the past (as per Xehanort's rules). I think he was just repourposed.

He's from Chain of Memories. Vexen created a replica of Riku in Castle Oblivion, then the other Organization members had the Replica undergo the same memory modifications as Sora so that they would both become obsessed with and fight over Naminé.

• newly created by Vexen using the data he gathered back in Castle Oblivion.

That makes sense now, thanks!

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
- Brain is the most suspicious one among the new leaders, we know nothing about his agenda. Might be a red herring.
- Ventus is supposedly the real Ventus, which means we'll probably learn at some point about how and why he came to time-travel to BBS's time. Dude's also pretty suspicious, it's likely he doesn't have a rulebook,

Is Brain the most suspicious tho? From the looks of it, Ven hasn't had the time to read his book, which would be the case if he just acquired it somehow. He is special, I don't think Xehanort just decided to fragment a random boy's heart for no reason.

Last edited:

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Yeah? But why Demyx over someone like Xaldin, who hasnt been shown to be Norted in trailers? Demyx was a complete coward.

In fact, that's one of my biggest questions. Why arent Xaldin and Lexaeus norted? Xaldin is clearly one of the most evil members of the organization and both members were loyal until the end, unlike Marluxia, Larxene, and Saix (who confuses me the most due to 358's scenes)

I get Vexen, due to his knowledge with the Replica program (and both Xion and likely Riku Replica are returning this game), and it seems Zexion (Ienzo) is either being captured for some reason or another, but both Xaldin and Lexaeus are suspiciously missing (both guards for Ansem the wise) after waking in DDD from any trailer.

Everyone else is accounted for save for these 2.
Maybe Xaldins and Lexaeus humans (like from BBS) had good intentions, guarding the castle and keeping order / ansem the wise. maybe because of that, there wasnt room for orderly ppl in the new true org 13

Aquova

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Kansas

- Far in the past, all worlds were connected, just super far away so nobody realized they were connected,
- In Daybreak Town, the MoM has 6 disciples and basically foretells the end of this world of light,
- He gives a prophecy book to 5 of his disciples and while nothing is certain it appears that he manipulates them into provoking a war they were supposed to avoid, while the 6th watches everything unfold for MoM who has effectively disappeared (but is observing through the eye of his Keyblade, which he gave to the 6th disciple, who is in turn supposed to pass it down - and he will all the way till Xehanort),
- Trying to avoid the war, the 5 disciples recruit Keyblade holders for their union, who are to hunt for "Lux" by defeating Heartless by going through recreations of world (made by the MoM),
- One of the disciples, Ava, creates the Dandelions, an organisation in which she recruits keyblade wielders who are survive the war - guiding them to a dream version of the world in which the war won't happen, and handing down a rulebook to 5 people who are to become the new leaders,
- War happens as planned and everyone disappears/dies including the 5 foretellers - among which Ava, who had a breakdown following a revelation by Luxu, the sixth disciple, and came to wish she had never created the Dandelions.

T H E E N D
- Right before you die in the Keyblade War, you are saved by your friends Ephemer and Skuld, who had already enlisted into the Dandelions and guide you to the dream world,
- Those two happen to be among the 5 new leaders, and are joined by Lauriam (pre-Nobody Marluxia), Ventus (who is suspiciously out of place) and Brain (biggest mystery of the five). One of those is likely a traitor and the person who killed Lauriam's sister and stole her rulebook just before the war broke out,
- Save for the leaders, everyone seems amnesiac in the dream world save for the 5 new leaders,
- The amnesiac Dandelions are relieving the entire chi story, complete with the foretellers and their fights, except the war never breaks out and the happy hunt for Lux goes on forever,
- The worlds made by the MoM don't exist in the dream so the hunt for Lux actually occurs in data simulations of those worlds similarly to what happens in Coded, complete with data copies of the Dandelions visiting those data worlds (except they don't realize they're not themselves? Unsure)
- Problem: the amensiacs are having nightmares of the real world, as if they were reliving the entire struggle in its entirety every single night
- The new leaders - who are all pretty suspicious and with ongoing stories of their own, are trying to figure out a solution.
- Lauriam's sister was killed by someone who stole the rulebook she got from Ava, and is likely among the 5 new leaders. Lauriam is currently investigating her disappearance (he knows she was supposed to be a Dandelion) with not-Larxene - and both are a tad suspicious. They've learned that Skuld was seen with the player character's, who Lauriam's sister was infatuated with and happens to be the only lead to her disappearance,
- Rulebook has some strange stuff like the rule about how they should have wielders fighting each other.

Someone tells me if I'm wrong.

This is all fascinating, I wonder how much of it will really impact KHIII as this looks more like a setup for another story arc.

I've been quickly playing my way through KHUX, but I still have some questions, particularly with regards to how it fits into the other games

• How long before BBS are these games supposed to take place?
  • So what this means is that Union Cross is actually the sequel/continuation of KH X? That the whole game doesn't take place in the real world, but some simulation after the Keyblade War?
  • Are the events of the KH X Back Cover cutscene movie the same as what is shown in KH X?
  • They mention in KHX Back Cover that there is a traitor. Was this traitor one of the five foretellers, or is it one of the five dandelion leaders, or do we simply not know?

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I've been quickly playing my way through KHUX, but I still have some questions, particularly with regards to how it fits into the other games

• How long before BBS are these games supposed to take place?
  • So what this means is that Union Cross is actually the sequel/continuation of KH X? That the whole game doesn't take place in the real world, but some simulation after the Keyblade War?
  • Are the events of the KH X Back Cover cutscene movie the same as what is shown in KH X?
  • They mention in KHX Back Cover that there is a traitor. Was this traitor one of the five foretellers, or is it one of the five dandelion leaders, or do we simply not know?
A very very long time.

Yes, but only the other worlds are simulations, Daybreak is a dream world.

Yes, back cover is through the fortellers viewpoint.

I don't believe anyone actually ended up being a traitor, their paranoia got the best of them and the presence of the dark charethy that was the players is what started it all and doomed them. It seems one of the new fortellers are the traitor in the prophesy. Ven, or Brain basically.

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
In this thread we ask and answer questions about the series' plot.

Why did they were inspired by Yoda's fight in SW Episode 3 , for Mickey gameplay?

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
Quick question about UX gameplay: I stared a new game just to give it a try and I find myself with suddenly with what seems like a ton of currency:
- 70 Avatar coins, of which I used 50 to fully clear my character's first Avatar Board (?!),
- About 18 000 jewels, when a 10-pull for the currently campaign costs only 3 000, and said 3 000 jewels would cost almost 20 bucks in real money (so I'm starting with over 100 bucks worth of currency??).

Am I missing something or is the game really generous?
If I'm only looking to play for the story, can I just sink my jewels in the current BBS campaign for good medals, and call it a day?
Any other advice?

Also, I'm not sure how Avatar Boards work: I understand that I will be gaining new ones by playing, but are unlocked nodes permanent, or only when you equip the corresponding board?
Thanks.

LorentzFactor

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any arguments against MoM being Xigbar? it just seems like they behave uniquely in exactly the same way.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Quick question about UX gameplay: I stared a new game just to give it a try and I find myself with suddenly with what seems like a ton of currency:
- 70 Avatar coins, of which I used 50 to fully clear my character's first Avatar Board (?!),
- About 18 000 jewels, when a 10-pull for the currently campaign costs only 3 000, and said 3 000 jewels would cost almost 20 bucks in real money (so I'm starting with over 100 bucks worth of currency??).

Am I missing something or is the game really generous?
If I'm only looking to play for the story, can I just sink my jewels in the current BBS campaign for good medals, and call it a day?
Any other advice?

Also, I'm not sure how Avatar Boards work: I understand that I will be gaining new ones by playing, but are unlocked nodes permanent, or only when you equip the corresponding board?
Thanks.
-You get more Avatar Coins as you level up and complete story quests.
-Avatar board unlocks are where you get HP and AP stat increases and highly recommended, even the boards from the opposite gender count.
-Accessories gotten from Avatar boards or won in events will sometimes have "perks" that slightly improve certain aspects when worn, but that's it.
-The mark-up on jewels is not exactly favorable, and they'll be gone before you know it. It *is* quite generous at the moment, though.
-Yes, feel free to pull on the current banners if all you're interested in is completing story missions, the BBS trio banners are Falling Price so each pull will decrease the amount of jewels you have to spend until it hits 1.9k. The medals you get from those banners should suffice, however be aware that you're not guaranteed any of the featured medals. Also you might want to try pulling once on the Newcomer's and Top-Drawer deals to get some buffers and copy medals to round out your inventory.

Are there any arguments against MoM being Xigbar? it just seems like they behave uniquely in exactly the same way.
Don't they have different VAs? I figure that's gotta be a strike against.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

No but there's nothing in particular that suggest that would be the case either, since he was merely Ansem's apprentice before all this, and not a keyblade wielder. It'll be really strange to suddenly make Xigbar one of the most secretive puppeteers in the story (and supposed antagonist of the next entry).

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
-You get more Avatar Coins as you level up and complete story quests.
-Avatar board unlocks are where you get HP and AP stat increases and highly recommended, even the boards from the opposite gender count.
-Accessories gotten from Avatar boards or won in events will sometimes have "perks" that slightly improve certain aspects when worn, but that's it.
-The mark-up on jewels is not exactly favorable, and they'll be gone before you know it. It *is* quite generous at the moment, though.
-Yes, feel free to pull on the current banners if all you're interested in is completing story missions, the BBS trio banners are Falling Price so each pull will decrease the amount of jewels you have to spend until it hits 1.9k. The medals you get from those banners should suffice, however be aware that you're not guaranteed any of the featured medals. Also you might want to try pulling once on the Newcomer's and Top-Drawer deals to get some buffers and copy medals to round out your inventory.

Thank you for all this advice!

Considering there are 3 campaign banners for BBS, should I just focus on one? I don't suppose pulling on Terra will decrease Aqua's price for instance?

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for all this advice!

Considering there are 3 campaign banners for BBS, should I just focus on one? I don't suppose pulling on Terra will decrease Aqua's price for instance?
It won't, so to get the most out of your jewels you'd want to concentrate on just one banner only.

You actually have an equal chance of pulling any of the three BBS medals from just pulling on one banner, but each banner only guarantees a trait medal (black & white medal that add "traits" when merged into their respective medal) in each pull for a specific BBS trio. So if you were to miraculously get each of the three BBS medals within, say, two or three pulls on just one banner you'd only have the same amount of trait medals for just one of them, you'd have to pull on the other banners to get their respective trait medals too. Though traits are really meant for high-level play and you probably won't ever need to worry about them.

haolee510

Banned
Dec 27, 2018
What's the point of Namine? She, more than anyone, feels like a plot device. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. First I thought she was part of the Roxas-Axel group, making up their own trinity, but then Days replaced her with Xion, and now Axel isn't even a Nobody anymore. But for all intents and purposes, the games seem to frame Roxas-Lea-Xion as their own trinity.

Not that Namine has to be part of one, but when every single character on the cover of KHIII except her makes their own trinities, she feels out of place. The whole "nobody remembers Namine" thing makes it seem deliberate. I just feel kinda bad for her.

haolee510

Banned
Dec 27, 2018
Considering FF15 took a long while to drop in price - and now it doesn't drop anymore, they only add more DLC for the same price
Isn't the Royal Edition $50 now on digital stores, with frequent discounts? I can get the physical version for less than $30, throw in a couple bucks more for a game-less Regis steelbook.