• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
What's the point of Namine? She, more than anyone, feels like a plot device. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. First I thought she was part of the Roxas-Axel group, making up their own trinity, but then Days replaced her with Xion, and now Axel isn't even a Nobody anymore. But for all intents and purposes, the games seem to frame Roxas-Lea-Xion as their own trinity.

Not that Namine has to be part of one, but when every single character on the cover of KHIII except her makes their own trinities, she feels out of place. The whole "nobody remembers Namine" thing makes it seem deliberate. I just feel kinda bad for her.
Are you confusing her with Xion?

So unless you play it you're just screwed for all the important stuff Chi talks about then huh?
Pretty much. Hell, global KHUX players so far didn't even get to experience KHUX's version of the Keyblade War, that little bit o' story stayed in Japan on the browser version.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
No, though now that I think about it, Xion fits that description more. But don't most people not know/remember who Namine is? It feels like they just kinda forget about her in-universe.
Sora, Donald, and Goofy forgot, but no one else. And even Sora had some sort of idea of who she was after fully absorbing Roxas in TWTNW. Sora's promise to Naminé has come up in later games quite a bit.

haolee510

Banned
Dec 27, 2018
Sora, Donald, and Goofy forgot, but no one else. And even Sora had some sort of idea of who she was after fully absorbing Roxas in TWTNW. Sora's promise to Naminé has come up in later games quite a bit.
I see. My memories are a bit iffy, but last thing I remember is the "Thank Namine" note and how Sora and co. didn't recognize the name. And I think towards the end of II she appears before them again? What happened then?

Talax

Oct 27, 2017
What's the point of Namine? She, more than anyone, feels like a plot device. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. First I thought she was part of the Roxas-Axel group, making up their own trinity, but then Days replaced her with Xion, and now Axel isn't even a Nobody anymore. But for all intents and purposes, the games seem to frame Roxas-Lea-Xion as their own trinity.

Not that Namine has to be part of one, but when every single character on the cover of KHIII except her makes their own trinities, she feels out of place. The whole "nobody remembers Namine" thing makes it seem deliberate. I just feel kinda bad for her.
Agreed. Namine is the only person who hasn't been mentioned at all in all KH3 talk/trailers

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
I see. My memories are a bit iffy, but last thing I remember is the "Thank Namine" note and how Sora and co. didn't recognize the name. And I think towards the end of II she appears before them again? What happened then?
She helped Kairi escape, then merged with her. After the first couple of Xemnas phases, ghost Naminé (best way I can explain it, only Sora and Kairi can see her) opens a corridor of darkness so everyone can escape, then she talks to ghost Roxas for a bit. At the start of the next Xemnas phase, Sora tells Riku that he wanted to thank her, but he couldn't bring himself to say anything.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
She helped Kairi escape, then merged with her. After the first couple of Xemnas phases, ghost Naminé (best way I can explain it, only Sora and Kairi can see her) opens a corridor of darkness so everyone can escape, then she talks to ghost Roxas for a bit. At the start of the next Xemnas phase, Sora tells Riku that he wanted to thank her, but he couldn't bring himself to say anything.
Yeah unlike Roxas, Namine has accepted her faith as being part of Kairi and doesn't seem to want to get out and be her own person.

haolee510

Banned
Dec 27, 2018
Okay, so she's back inside Kairi since then, right? She still seems to play a part in III. But her ending up back inside Kairi feels anti-climactic.

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
It won't, so to get the most out of your jewels you'd want to concentrate on just one banner only.

You actually have an equal chance of pulling any of the three BBS medals from just pulling on one banner, but each banner only guarantees a trait medal (black & white medal that add "traits" when merged into their respective medal) in each pull for a specific BBS trio. So if you were to miraculously get each of the three BBS medals within, say, two or three pulls on just one banner you'd only have the same amount of trait medals for just one of them, you'd have to pull on the other banners to get their respective trait medals too. Though traits are really meant for high-level play and you probably won't ever need to worry about them.
Let's say that I don't need to care about traits: I pulled Aqua after two tries with her banner: this means I can actually keep going at her banner and have an equal chance of getting Supernova Ven and Terra?

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I sincerely doubt Nomura has forgotten about Namine. He brought her back in 3D during Sora's bizzare nightmare, she's on the cover of III, Data-Namine was the one who told Mickey about Terra, Ventus and Aqua. I don't know what sort of ending he has for her, but she will get one.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Let's say that I don't need to care about traits: I pulled Aqua after two tries with her banner: this means I can actually keep going at her banner and have an equal chance of getting Supernova Ven and Terra?
According to the banner's pull odds, yes. Whether you actually will, is another story.

Deleted member 35011

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Think this is my last question but like...why do Ventus and Sora look alike again? Like I get that their hearts were linked, but wasn't Sora already born by that point? Did he just change what he originally looked like because of the connection ala Riku into Ansem but more boy bandish? Would he have looked completely different if not for the heart connection?

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
Think this is my last question but like...why do Ventus and Sora look alike again? Like I get that their hearts were linked, but wasn't Sora already born by that point? Did he just change what he originally looked like because of the connection ala Riku into Ansem but more boy bandish? Would he have looked completely different if not for the heart connection?

The same reason that Young Xehanort and Terra look alike, it's just to show similarities between the characters.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they thought up Ventus when Roxas was designed.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
when sora released his and kairi's hearts in the original game, how come Ventus's heart did not also get removed. Was it because his heart at that time was still too weak so it most likely had no effect. Since Sora and Kairi had really strong hearts they release and of course nobody's are created at that time due to releasing of their hearts.

Shivers

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
can i just jump in on kh3 without playing the others? or am i just going to be confused.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
when sora released his and kairi's hearts in the original game, how come Ventus's heart did not also get removed. Was it because his heart at that time was still too weak so it most likely had no effect. Since Sora and Kairi had really strong hearts they release and of course nobody's are created at that time due to releasing of their hearts.

Pretty much. Ven's heart hadn't fully healed at the time, so it just stayed in Sora's body and went on to create Roxas.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Because Ventus wasn't a thing then. I don't think they ever gave an explanation.

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Just to remind / inform everyone that hasn't done it yet or doesn't know about it, you can still get a code to unlock the Starlight keyblade in KH3 from playing the Classic Kingdom mini-games in KHUX. I just finished them now. I don't think a date was ever given for when this ends (or if it necessarily will) but I planned on doing it when it was announced and forgot but wanted to make sure I had it done in time.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Just to remind / inform everyone that hasn't done it yet or doesn't know about it, you can still get a code to unlock the Starlight keyblade in KH3 from playing the Classic Kingdom mini-games in KHUX. I just finished them now. I don't think a date was ever given for when this ends (or if it necessarily will) but I planned on doing it when it was announced and forgot but wanted to make sure I had it done in time.

Apparently..
You can earn it after Big Hero 6 world and the code just unlocks it early

I feel I'm pretty knowing on KH and I'd love to see this explained (If it hasn't already), but how exactly did all of Xehanorts selves gather at the end of KH3D? Also how can Master Xehanort and his heartless/nobody forms co exist also? (Not sure if this is to be explained in KH3 or we're meant to already know how?)

Other thing I noticed some of the Xehanorts have orange eyes, mainly Xemnas/SoD and Saix. Is there a reason for this also?

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think she's gonna play a little part, but this is the worst reasoning I've seen. Kairi was in the cover of KHII but had less of a part to play compared to Namine in the same game, who wasn't even on the cover.

Both Kairi and Naminé have basically the same importance in the game, if anything Naiminé is the one that gets severely underused in that one.

Edit: And by the way, don't know if you noticed but we quoted someone saying she will be ignored in KH III, which doesn't even have anything to do to what you replied us lol

Last edited:

Abaddon

Oct 25, 2017
I feel I'm pretty knowing on KH and I'd love to see this explained (If it hasn't already), but how exactly did all of Xehanorts selves gather at the end of KH3D? Also how can Master Xehanort and his heartless/nobody forms co exist also? (Not sure if this is to be explained in KH3 or we're meant to already know how?)

I've just finished DDD and I'm still wrapping my head round it but I think it's down to the time travel aspect, they can move/be brought forward in time like Young Xehanort, but once they return to their correct point in time, there memory of the future is wiped (YX mentions this at some point), hence why Ansem and Xemnas aren't aware of the future plot at the end of their respective games.

Other thing I noticed some of the Xehanorts have orange eyes, mainly Xemnas/SoD and Saix. Is there a reason for this also?

Anyone with orange eyes has been taken over by Xehanort. Braig makes a comment about this as he's only half Xehanort.

Tbh, I only found this all out on my most recent playthrough, I must have just missed it all when I originally played it on 3DS trying to figure out what the time travel and people in Sora's heart was about (I'd skipped 356 and Recoded back then that covered some of that).

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Apparently..
You can earn it after Big Hero 6 world and the code just unlocks it early

In addition to / in agreement with the other comments above, I thought Xehanort brought them all forward from the past. He was looking for his thirteenth vessel - Sora - and he needed his other selves to help take over him.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I've just finished DDD and I'm still wrapping my head round it but I think it's down to the time travel aspect, they can move/be brought forward in time like Young Xehanort, but once they return to their correct point in time, there memory of the future is wiped (YX mentions this at some point), hence why Ansem and Xemnas aren't aware of the future plot at the end of their respective games.

Anyone with orange eyes has been taken over by Xehanort. Braig makes a comment about this as he's only half Xehanort.

Tbh, I only found this all out on my most recent playthrough, I must have just missed it all when I originally played it on 3DS trying to figure out what the time travel and people in Sora's heart was about (I'd skipped 356 and Recoded back then that covered some of that).
In addition to / in agreement with the other comments above, I thought Xehanort brought them all forward from the past. He was looking for his thirteenth vessel - Sora - and he needed his other selves to help take over him.

Thanks! Yeah thought it was the case with everyone that they were only brought to that point temporarily.

Also.I understand the yellow eyes are that, but not heard about orange. Saix/Xemnas/SoD seem to have have orange eyes though compared to others who have yellow... though looking at the KH3 trailers they all appear to have the same eye colour again now so not sure it really meant anything?

Abaddon

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! Yeah thought it was the case with everyone that they were only brought to that point temporarily.

Also.I understand the yellow eyes are that, but not heard about orange. Saix/Xemnas/SoD seem to have have orange eyes though compared to others who have yellow... though looking at the KH3 trailers they all appear to have the same eye colour again now so not sure it really meant anything?
Ah right, never noticed that and not heard anything relating to it, as you say in the trailer they have the same so possibly just a hiccup in the DDD models I guess?

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
why don't they look like their nobodies/human form?
Because Heartless don't look like that. Ansem is a special case, and even then, he only looks human when possessing Riku's body. He's normally just a mass of darkness with a cloak.
Ansem%2C_Seeker_of_Darkness_%28Cloaked%29_%28Art%29.png

Jul 24, 2018
why don't they look like their nobodies/human form?
Same reason why Sora's Heartless form took the shape of a Shadow when Roxas was born. Your Heartless generally don't keep a human form, according to the real Ansem in his reports in KH2, Xehanort's willing abandonment of his heart is what allowed his Heartless to retain a human form.

Jul 24, 2018
Because Heartless don't look like that. Ansem is a special case, and even then, he only looks human when possessing Riku's body. He's normally just a mass of darkness with a cloak.
Ansem%2C_Seeker_of_Darkness_%28Cloaked%29_%28Art%29.png
The hooded figure is a Time Travelling Ansem/Xehanort whatever who left his body behind according to Dream Drop Distance, at least that's what I gathered from it but it's damn confusing.

Abaddon

Oct 25, 2017
The hooded figure is a Time Travelling Ansem/Xehanort whatever who left his body behind according to Dream Drop Distance, at least that's what I gathered from it but it's damn confusing.
I had the exact same thought, checking the wiki it supports the idea he was always a brown coat until he possessed Riku, but going by what the games say it's not the most clear if that is time travelling Ansem or Ansem before the story (hell it could be both and he's stuck in a closed time loop).

haolee510

Banned
Dec 27, 2018
Both Kairi and Naminé have basically the same importance in the game, if anything Naiminé is the one that gets severely underused in that one.

Edit: And by the way, don't know if you noticed but we quoted someone saying she will be ignored in KH III, which doesn't even have anything to do to what you replied us lol
From the context of the ongoing discussion prior to that comment, I think it's clear that by "ignored" the other person didn't mean 100% ignored. It's just that she's not gonna be more than an afterthought and not play a large part.

Talax

Oct 27, 2017
I had the exact same thought, checking the wiki it supports the idea he was always a brown coat until he possessed Riku, but going by what the games say it's not the most clear if that is time travelling Ansem or Ansem before the story (hell it could be both and he's stuck in a closed time loop).
I believe it's both. He was in that form in kh1 when we see him on destiny islands as he had she'd his body, but the person we see at the beginning of 3D is the one that came back in time to mess up the mark of mastery.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
What is the exact order I should play all of the games in order to prepare myself?

Kingdom Hearts
Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts II
358/2 Days (Movie/DSGame you can play/watch it before KHII for a bigger emotional impact on some scenes, but it will spoil some stuff)
Birth By Sleep
Re: Coded (Movie/DS Game)
Dream Drop Distance
X Back Cover(Movie)
Birth by Sleep 0.2 (KHIII Prologue)
Kingdom Hearts III

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
What is the exact order I should play all of the games in order to prepare myself?
  • Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
  • Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
  • Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
  • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix
  • Kingdom Hearts Re:coded
  • Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
  • Kingdom Hearts x / Kingdom Hearts Union Cross (This one may not actually be needed, as the parts of it that will be majorly referenced in KH3 will likely only be what's shown in Back Cover)
  • Kingdom Hearts x Back Cover
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep 0.2: A Fragmentary Passage
  • Kingdom Hearts III
You can swap KH2FM and 358/2 Days around if you want. 358/2 Days spoils some stuff in KH2, but at the same time, it helps explain some of the more confusing aspects of it and provides a much better flow to the story. It originally released after KH2 though, so either order works.

Also, don't be afraid to just watch summaries / recaps of 358/2 Days and Re:coded. Actually, the versions of those two games on PS3 and PS4 are just cutscene compilations. Similarly, Back Cover is just a movie version of part of the story of x / Union Cross, but from a different point of view.