• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
As shown at GDC by the Art director of Wonder Boy The Dragon's Trap.

Not an actual game in development.

DY1rrKGVAAAS41V.jpg

DY1rqcIVoAAFxwa.jpg

Hopefully we get to see what LizardCube is really up to soon.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Add in the option to save your game and I'd be all over this. I kind of hope this idea gains traction and happens.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Kid Chameleon was the shit. My grandmother had a megadrive and I'd play this game every time I visited her as a kid. The music is still burnt into my mind. Only got to the final boss once though, it was pretty brutal.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Uggggggggggh I would buy that.

And then be instantly reminded that Kid Chameleon is kind of terrible but my nostalgia for it is ultra strong...

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
There are so many better Sega platformers that deserve their attention over this. It would need to be a full-fledged remake rather than a graphical overhaul.

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This game is bad.

Would still buy it immediately, though. The nostalgia is too strong in me to resist.

brambles13

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the hate in this thread. Kid Chameleon had one fatal flaw (no saving) but the game was a clinic in level design. The biggest weaknesses it had besides saving (graphics and music) could be fixed in a remake. I would buy it day one if it ever came out.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Don't you fucking break my heart like that. Kid Chameleon is one of my favorite Genesis games, and that looks absolutely amazing. I will now live the rest of my life as an incomplete man knowing this will never be made. ;_;

qq more

Oct 25, 2017
i loved kid chameleon even if it felt sort of like a janky mario clone at times

would love the heck out of a remake

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This needs to happen.

Loved that game.

I remember finding a portal that took me to the last level, I died instantly, for years I've looked for that damn portal but never found it.

Oct 27, 2017
2ER.gif

Who can we send this thread to to get the ball rolling?

I admit I have a love/hate relationship with KC. I like the gameplay but it's a super long game with no save and limited continue options.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
The precursor to Mario Odyssey!

I liked the game but it was weeeeeeird. Some of the designs and sound effects were like nightmarish for some reason. Curious to see how it would hold up today.

Catsygreen

Nov 1, 2017
I'm surprised how many people hate Kid Chameleon.
It's a great video game memory and it's not just nostalgia.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the hate in this thread. Kid Chameleon had one fatal flaw (no saving) but the game was a clinic in level design. The biggest weaknesses it had besides saving (graphics and music) could be fixed in a remake. I would buy it day one if it ever came out.
Kid Chameleon's biggest sin is level design

It sucked and there's no fixing it

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
It was average platformer I owned. I liked the art and style. The music was good and the large amount of levels was a challenge. Level design itself wasn't great but what can I say, I was about 12 and I loved the mask aspect.

I get why it's easy to be very nostalgic for it though

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always liked Kid Chameleon aside from the "cool dude" default character and lack of saves. By 16-bit era standards it was a second rate 2d platformer but that was also the golden age for the genre so standards were high.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Decap Attack was a far far better game

Not to mention Sega's Disney games (Quackshot, Castle of Illusion, Lands of Illusion)

I would love it so much for those games to be remade "Lizardcube style"

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
That Lizard Cube art looks nice. I would like to see their take on KC.

I still hold hope for the remake everyone is waiting for.

ca263d4c7924237a79fbc4c5f868f860e8aaf823_00.gif

FullWalter

Mar 13, 2018
Loved Kid Chameleon as a, uh, kid. Never owned it, but my best friend in 2nd/3rd grade did and I would play it at his place all the time. I feel like replaying it would only be ok if I wore a Patrick Ewing jersey while doing so.

Klotera

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't know that Kid Chameleon was disliked by so many people. I loved it. Even played it again a few years back on the Genesis Collection on PS4 and still enjoyed it. Agreed that it could have used a save/password system, though.

I'd like to see a remaster, plus a new game with the same concept and newly designed levels using more modern level design concepts.

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know that Kid Chameleon was disliked by so many people. I loved it. Even played it again a few years back on the Genesis Collection on PS4 and still enjoyed it. Agreed that it could have used a save/password system, though.

I'd like to see a remaster, plus a new game with the same concept and newly designed levels using more modern level design concepts.

It's weird. I mean, it's a bad game that I don't mind playing from time to time. Something about it draws me to it.

venomenon

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
This could/should/MUST! be done with lots of games from the 8 and 16 bit era. Although in the case of Kid Chameleon, a gameplay overhaul would definitely be necessary too...