• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"As a game in general, it's rich in content and enjoyable, and people have even asked for a modern port. However I don't think this will be possible."

He also spoke about how rough the game's development was for him.

"I could say that this was close to becoming the most difficult project in my entire career, both in terms of the team and the hardware. The team I had gathered differed greatly in culture and ways of thinking, so there was always confrontation. In addition, back when we were developing the game, we still couldn't make full use of the power of Nintendo 3DS. Some improvements in aspects such as the middleware were made later on, but since the game was being made in the initial stages of Nintendo 3DS development, we had a really hard time doing what we wanted to."

SOURCE

It's kind of a shame. I loved the game, it remains one of my favorite 3DS titles to this date. I do wish someone would get on that. Make a sequel, or a port. I am also curious on why exactly a port would "not be possible", given he doesn't go into that much.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
Seems like the thing that makes it impossible is that he doesn't have the will to do it. Which is an acceptable reason if you ask me. The guy is famous for the sacrifice he makes for his projects.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I could see a 3rd party porting it for him, if he was willing. He won't be though.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
The most interesting about this to me is that Sakurai describes working together with the Uprising team as challenging. I suppose this might be the reason why Project Sora got disbanded after Uprising's release instead of moving on to develop Smash 4. I think the official line was that Project Sora was formed with the sole purpose of developing Kid Ikarus, but investing into establishing a new studio only to shut it down after a single game strikes me as a rather unlikely plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.