• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 4292

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
JimCarrey.jpg

Granted, I'm only on episode 6 of the first season, but this show just tears the characters a new one, I've almost teared up a couple of times. Has a couple of decent comedy moments as well, but please don't go in expecting Jim to do full on comedy. It''s considered a Tragicomedy, emphasis on the Tragedy.

I feel for just about every character, besides the father. He can fuck off.
Jim Carrey does an excellent job and I'll never tire of him. I don't want to delve to much into spoilers for those who haven't watched it, but I highly suggest it.
The first and second episode are good, but I feel episode 3 is when it gets your claws into you.

Has anyone else watched it? Did you enjoy it? Does it get even sadder going forward?

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
The last four or five episodes of season two of Joe Pera Talks with You is a gut punch right in the feels.

OP
OP

Deleted member 4292

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I knew the show wasn't that popular, but didn't expect results like this, yikes.

if it helps, the director of Eternal Sunshine is a director on a fair amount of episodes (fairly obvious during one scene.)

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
I avoided this for awhile because I wrongly assumed it was some Death to Smoochy shit but I was so wrong. I binged the first season during the course of 2 nights and am currently caught up to the latest season 2 episode. The only other show that I've seen balance this level of dark humor, family tragedy etc would be Six Feet Under.

I wouldn't say it gets sadder - it stays sad, but it does get more shocking. Sucks that this show is a hidden gem.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the first season. Haven't had a chance to watch any of the episodes from season 2 yet but I'm looking forward to it.

If you like Carrey's performance in Eternal Sunshine definitely give this a shot. Michel Gondry is involved in this show too.

OP
OP

Deleted member 4292

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I avoided this for awhile because I wrongly assumed it was some Death to Smoochy shit but I was so wrong. I binged the first season during the course of 2 nights and am currently caught up to the latest season 2 episode. The only other show that I've seen balance this level of dark humor, family tragedy etc would be Six Feet Under.

I wouldn't say it gets sadder - it stays sad, but it does get more shocking. Sucks that this show is a hidden gem.
That's actually a good comparison. Six Feet Under is by far one of my favourite shows.

It gets more shocking? Uhoh. Will my wife be able to handle it haha

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Yea, there's that whole impending disaster thing going on where you know something's gonna happen but you don't know when or how. It's great.

Oct 25, 2017
i think its a bummer so many people slept on this because I thought the show was fantastic and Carrey did such a great performance and the puppeteering was so incredible. I really enjoyed watching it.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I haven't seen the second season, but its legit one of my favorite pieces of drama media.

I describe it to people as watching Mr Rogers having a mental breakdown in real time.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well i searched and didnt see shit....anyway i finally got around to watching this since the new season is airing, and it is really special stuff i think. Especially since Mr. Rogers got a lot of attention this year in awards season. Anyway the funniest moment so far watching season 1 was the
the cancer girl deciding to go on a trip by herself and the whole family telling her to fuck herself
quality product.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
There's an OT here btw

www.resetera.com

Kidding |OT| Mr Roger's Spotless Mind | Sundays on Showtime

Kidding is an American comedy-drama television series created by Dave Holstein that premiered on September 9, 2018, on Showtime. The series stars Jim Carrey, Frank Langella, Judy Greer, Cole Allen, Juliet Morris, and Catherine Keener and marks the second collaboration between director and...